Arsenal's Jack Wilshere Arrested

Stay on topic, no one gives a **** if you went to Oxford and got a masters in Law, or you are a partner in a top law firm, no one cares.

Surely it would matter though... If someone's studied law then they are more likely to know the procedures of arresting someone who is apparently only a witness than others on this forum. Ryan was only qualifying his statement that Wilshere was unlikely to have been arrested if he was only a witness.

Surely it would matter though... If someone's studied law then they are more likely to know the procedures of arresting someone who is apparently only a witness than others on this forum. Ryan was only qualifying his statement that Wilshere was unlikely to have been arrested if he was only a witness.

People can sprout all sorts of **** on the internet, for all you know, someone who says they did a degree in law, is actually a Bin man. How ever much I would love to trust everyone on the internet, I don't.

He wasn't 'only' a witness tho. He was a 'key witness', this means that he is likely a large key in the police operation towards solving the crime, either way, there seems to be conflicting reports of what he has been arrested for, or if he has even been arrested.

Either way, I would rather trust somewhere with some, though limited, credibility like Sky news or BBC, than some randomer on the internet.

People can sprout all sorts of **** on the internet, for all you know, someone who says they did a degree in law, is actually a Bin man. How ever much I would love to trust everyone on the internet, I don't.

He wasn't 'only' a witness tho. He was a 'key witness', this means that he is likely a large key in the police operation towards solving the crime, either way, there seems to be conflicting reports of what he has been arrested for, or if he has even been arrested.

Either way, I would rather trust somewhere with some, though limited, credibility like Sky news or BBC, than some randomer on the internet.

i totally agree and see your point but my profession is a trainee firefighter after thinking twice about joining the police service.

back on topic though, even a "key witness" wouldn't get arrested, he may of got taken down to the police station to give a witness statement but wouldn't actually be placed under arrest and certainly wouldn't be placed on bail.

the thing is, Jack is an up and coming star who i rate very highly and would love to have at Old Trafford, the fact that he is a such a star, the press will always go over the top when they catch wind that a star is involved in a crime like this.

I understand your point, and of course you have to take everything posted on the forums with a pinch of salt. I was just trying to say that it is important whether they have studied law, as they will have a better understanding of the situation regarding the arrest of Wilshere. And I may be gullible, but I'm inclined to believe ryan_stubbs has studied law and knows more than most of us about what might actually be happening. But obviously this all speculation, as all we have to look at is a fairly vague source. Anyway I'll stop rambling on and leave people to discuss more on-topic matters. :)

I think we may have to wait for a statement from Arsenal, untill we find out fully what has happened, if what Ryan says is true, then there could be something more sinister behind what has happened, although I hope not.

there was probably a fight which led to wilshere stepping in and breaking it up with force (throwing someone away).
the police brought him to the station, heard that he was a peacemaker and released him on bail just in case he was actually involved as a precaution.
that sound like a reasonable explanation

They'd release him on bail anyway Brian - people generally do get bail, they can't keep them in a cell for 2 weeks.. Anyway, Arsenal haven't commented on it yet, and my brother (who works in the Press Office at Arsenal :)) didn't even know..

he was arrested on suspicison of assualt after the car he travelling was stopped following the incident (all occupants were) however the police are now viewing him as less of a suspect and more of a witness ie he was there and helped break it up. doesnt seem to be anything sinister in that to me, since he was arrested on suspsicion of assualt, not arrested for assault

All sounds a bit gay really.