Avram Grant Quits Pompey

Paul Hart is an interesting shout.

Ye Curbishley would be good, but he has said on many occasions he wants a Prem job, when Bruce left us a lot of Blues fans were saying Curbishley as we were in the Prem and has played for us in his career, and he is a GREAT manager. I think every team that loses their manager would love Curbs as their new boss.

i dont think Phil Brown has the character or influence to motivate a Pompey team in the state its in

why wouldnt i be? he was amazing with city, he would bring beautiful attacking football to pompey, why not give it a bash?
It's not that Keegan isn't a good manager, but he would never go to Portsmouth, and that's coming from a fan.

He left Newcastle because of problems with the chairman, think what it would be like at Portsmouth. It won't happen.

Good luck to Avram wherever he goes.

Who will it be then in your opinion?
I really don't know, but it won't be a big name like Keegan or Curbishley sadly, there's no just attraction, no stability, they don't know what players they'll have left, and they don't know who will be running the club next season or if we'll have a point deduction.

It will be either Paul Hart, Linvoy Primus (he's been offered a position at the club but it hasn't actually been specified what the job is as far as I know atm), Paul Groves (currently the assistant, giving him a go can't hurt) or something along those lines.

I'd love to have the Reading manager here though, McDermott or something? Great motivator and he's turned Reading around completely, although once again very unrealistic.

It might be a while until we see an appointment, possibly not until the window opens.

Avram is a top manager, looking back at his record I'm quite surprised he is not been linked with bigger clubs. Look what he did with Chelsea, great manager.

Pardew is a good shout, but fans wouldn't be happy due to him currently managing Scumhampton.

Anyone that can keep us in the Championship next season will do, with the exception of Brown.

Anyway, enough discussion for me tonight, have fun lads.

that is a very good shout actually,

Thank you - he would take the job and it would be the perfect insult to their arch-rivals Southampton. Pardew has experience dragging teams into the premiership through the play-offs and consolidating their position the season after by getting top half finishes and within a couple of seasons getting them to FA cup finals. Plus he almost got Southampton into the play-offs with a points deduction this season and Portsmouth may well get a points deduction. He is actually THE perfect candidate.

What a plank XD

i can see how you may have made the mistake with the many stories out there.

Shame for Pompey, just hope they get a half decent manager to replace him and maybe resolve some of the situation on the pitch.

anybody but Phil Brown should do a decent job, they need a manager that has inspiration, someone of Avram's ilk
nodhead

the only problem with portsmouth going for a manager that is currently at a club is that they cant afford to pay compensation... so may be forced to go for unemployed, or unexperienced managers

Gareth Southgate anyone?
I wouldn't say no tbh, he left 'Boro and they were 2nd.

Might of got them relegated in the first place but I think he would of gotten them back up.

Now, I'm going. *closes laptop*

He won't go to Portsmouth. Pardew is the ONE. Peace out all!!!

Why would Pardew leave a club with stable finances, a certain future, developing squad,transfer budget and amazing stadium and facilities for a club who are 150m in debt, little to no future, limited budgets...if any and a poor ground?