ben1250

Reaction score
Blackpool FC.

Last Week supposedly talented young manager Ben Graham was given the dreaded job of keeping Blackpool in the Premier League after last season's promotion success.

The Chairman gave a brief summary of the job ''Graham is here for one reason and one reason only, keep my club in the biggest division imaginable if he achieve's this he'll be a Tangerine's legend''

This week Graham flooded the transfer list by remarkably putting all of his players available for moves away from his club. This resulted in Taylor Fletcher and John Baptise both moving from the club for £2million each to respected Championship clubs Middlesboro and Ipswich. Meanwhile Graham tried his hand in the transfer window by pulling off major coups landing Hesselink, Taarabt, Koren and Muniesa who impressively joined from La Liga giants Barcalona.

With pre season more or less over Graham's men look ready to compete on the greated stage of all and fight for there Premiership status ...

Impossible my man I was thinking about Blackpool today and just trying keep them in Championship is an unbelievable mission nevermind EPL.

Impossible my man I was thinking about Blackpool today and just trying keep them in Championship is an unbelievable mission nevermind EPL.

The fixtures are rathering favouring for a bright start but you arent wrong saying it's going to be a tough season seriously some of these lads wouldn't get into many Premier League teams but first 3 games against West Brom, Sunderland and Newcastle.

3 |teams who i think could possibly be beaten.

Love a challenge i do (6)

Best of luck, took me 2 seasons to get them into the PL so I hope you can keep them up in 1 :)

I took them over in 09 all my friends made it a challenge to take them as far as they could I was mid table Championship after 5 seasons.

Told you i'd take a look. :D

Good Luck Mate. Hesselink!:wub:;)

Good luck. Hoping for an update soon. Rober Koren :wub:

Blackpool hit the ground running

The football season kicked off a few weeks ago and Blackpool have had a blistering start with 7 points out of a possible 9 which will aid there push to survive this season.

West Brom 0-3 Blackpool

Koren absolutely ripped his old team-mates to pieces with a sublime performance which included 2 key passes. Hesselink and Taarabt scored a goal each on there competative debut.

Blackpool 1-0 Sunderland

Sole goal by new Blackpool star Hesselink gives Graham a good platform to build on after 6 out of 6 points gained so far without conceding a goal. Blackpool are currently top of the league :wub:

Portsmouth 0-1 Blackpool LEAGUE CUP

Lot of players rested, Nardiello scores winner with Graham deepdown wondering whether a cup run would be productive for their season ?

Newcastle 0-0 Blackpool

Very stubborn performance from a obviously tired Blackpool team who are maybe 1 or 2 players short of being good enough to finish mid table.

Last edited:
Good results there. Good Luck. Hesselink for Golden Boot!;)

Good start there pal. I willbe following this as I am a sucker for challenges :p

Great start there mate.

Try changing your font though as it's quite hard to read in bold.

Graham's Blackpool hold on too precious draw
European hopefuls Everton today let there fans down according to a disgusted David Moyes after a draw against newly promoted Blackpool, the game ended 2-2 but Moyes expects much better in future.

'some of our players earn far too much and i think this reflects in their behaviour, a draw against Blackpool is obviously disappointing but with them on such good form it isnt a suprise but the suprise is the lack of passion certains players failed to show, they know who they are'
David Moyes talking to Sky sports news after todays draw

This draw keeps Blackpool in 2nd place after 4 games and Everton retain 1st place which makes Moyes's outburst all the more bizarre.

Seasider's solid defensively
3 Premier League draw's has made Graham's reign as Blackpool manager look all the more impressive this month as they battled so called better opposition. A league cup win against Newcastle has also impressed football pundits nationwide and shown why the decision to sack Holloway was a right one.

Koren SS below.

Graham revels in 9 unbeaten streak
After a decent start to the season Ben Graham has released a statement to the press.

'I would like everyone to continue there daily business and not get ahead of themself's we're currently unbeaten in 9 in total and 7 league match's. This is tremendous but everyone knows how momentum can change drastically, every point at this stage could be crucial'

Ben Graham - 26/9/2009

At the moment Graham is playing a very tight tactic which restricts his squad to playing through the middle which gives Koren a free role attacking defence's. This tactic means alot of draw's and boring games, hopefully Graham can improve upon this by bringing in high profile name's if they survive this season.

There almost all draws. I don't think I've seen anything like this.

Sexy football !

Graham improved Blackpool's style of football recently with 2 wins and a lose over teams who are expected to finish higher than them.

Blackpool 0-2 Chelsea

Chelsea today broke Graham's unbeaten record as Blackpool manager has gone today as goals from Lampard and Essien broke the orange's spirit. Graham was understandably happy with his team's start to the season but today reacted positively to the loss saying that they deserved more but the defeat was expected against such better opposition.

Birmingham 0-2 Blackpool

Blackpool today bounced back from their loss to Chelsea with a 2-0 victory against Birmingham with a clean sheet and two great goals fromm Hesselink and Taarabt. the victory ends a run of draws and a recent loss. Graham is said to be reasonably happy and expects the same week in week out as they aim to stay in the division this season.

Fulham 1-3 Blackpool

Blackpool once again shock so called higher rated opposition with counter attacking football which resulted in goals from on form Hesselink, Burgess and impressive midfielder Keith Southern, a sole goal by Riise of Fulham gave them hope but Graham's men continue on their reign of good form.

Last edited: