Nicely done mate, but don't get duishartened if you start to fail.

Is there a DB available for next season with Blackpool in the prem?

Nicely done mate, but don't get duishartened if you start to fail.

Was expecting/hoping to stay up by a point or two so anything more is a major achievement for me. Hopefully next season can really expand the squad and play few decent players in the cups. Any suggestions on players to sign from Championship ? with previous EPL experience would be decent.

Was expecting/hoping to stay up by a point or two so anything more is a major achievement for me. Hopefully next season can really expand the squad and play few decent players in the cups. Any suggestions on players to sign from Championship ? with previous EPL experience would be decent.
Send your scouts out and about, they will usually give you some five star players. ;)

Seas-ciders drink to success

A great victory for Graham's hardworking troops meant Blackpool reached the quarter finals of the Carling cup which is a huge achievement considering they beat Manchester City in the last round, Chelsea might be a harder challenge though.

Meanwhile Blackpool's recent Premier League performance's have kept the same level but resulted in a loss to a well organised Aston Villa squad, Heskey scored a great hat-trick which resulted in a 3-2 lose.

9th position in the table doesn't flatter Blackpool whose recent expansive tactics have seen them hitting the back of the net alot more.

Graham has sent a scout to see what Championship talent is available for the upcoming transfer window.

Last edited:
Nice story so far, some good results and your sitting in a nice place in the table, especially for Blackpool. ;)

Update shortly with bit of luck, been busy weekend so far.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Tangerine army
Graham's merry men have had another decent set of results namely a 1-0 win over Aston Villa thanks to Hesselink's 75th minute penalty which sent the keeper the wrong way then a very impressive tactical draw against top 4 team Arsenal which ended 0-0 send Blackpool to 5th in the league after 12 games.

Meanwhile Graham seems to have missed out on Barcalona winger Jeffren who it seems has opted for Lyon instead.

FAO. I didnt save after the league cup win to manchester city so am not through to the next round against Chelsea as stated in a previous post, i played the match again and lost so that dreams over :'(

Gutted about League Cup however if Blackpool do as well as you this season I will be a happy bunny.

Good luck mate, doing well, will follow. 'Gonna do a Hull? :p

There will be NO on pitch team talks this season ;)

Aint sure how long this form will hold up for but just signed 2 impressive freebies.

Graham makes his mark

Today Blackpool signed 2 footballers with worldwide experience and abilities which will stand them in good stead for the tough road ahead for Graham's side.

Firstly 38 year old Spanish goalkeeper Cesar will be joining the seasiders on a contract which lasts until the season ends, Cesar has played for a array of clubs such as Real Madrid, Zaragoza and recently Valencia where he also joined on a free from Premier League side Tottenham, lets hope Cesars stay on the coast is a happier one than down London where he failed to impress during his stay.

Second player signed by Graham is a defensive midfielder, age 30 of French nationality called Peter Luccin who has been without a club due to a long standing injury which Graham hopes won't reappear anytime soon, this move is seen as a huge gamble by many but with ex clubs such as Bordeaux, Marsaille, PSG, Athletico Madrid it is thought if he can be given game time he will make a huge impact.

Graham would like to thank the chairman for letting him purchase such well known players and has promised to keep the side in the top 10 if possible this season.

This looks really good so far. Nice layout, and a good read.

And your managerial skills seem just as good. ;)

Looking good so far. Good luck for the rest of the season

Hesselink brace stops the rot

After a terrible run of 5 lose's in a row Graham's men won today with a convincing display against Wolves which ended 2-0 after 2 goals from Hesselink one of which is no doubt a contender for goal of the season. Hesselink has now got 7 in 17 for Blackpool in there attempt to survive this season which has so far proved easy as they sit pretty at 9th currently.

None the less this 5 game lose streak would have worried Graham greatly considering there great start with some predicting Europe could be a possibility.

In other news for Blackpool Charlie Adam has been showing well in training and this was rewarded with a start against Wolves in which the once 'starlet' performed magnificantly and will no doubt start the next. Notts County have offered Marc Muniesa a chance the join the club on loan which Blackpool have rejected and Liverpool have offered a player + cash offer for the ex Barcalona youngster, the offer is reported to have been in excess of £1'000'000 and included Jay Spearing, Graham apparently laughed when hearing the offer saying Muniesa on current form is not for sale and even if Liverpool offered all the money they had he wouldnt be available.

Last edited:
Delight after double coup
Blackpool fan's were today left reeling after their manager Graham pulled off two very important loan transfers, first in was a midfield enforcer called Matic who will pull the strings for the tangerines till the end of the season whilst the second was even more incredible with young Spanish striker Adrian signing on loan till end of the season, the Deportivo striker who has 6 goals in 13 games this season is hoping to get more starts whereas at Deportivo he was used off the bench.

Adrian is likely to play off Hesselink as a advanced striker which will create a diversion for Hesselink which Graham's tactics crave, Ben Burgess is apparently upset with the loan signing and believes he needs to prove himself during this transfer window early or leave later this month.

two good loans there mate..

keep up good work. Can a get SS of tactic plz 8-|

Blackpool splash out

Once again Blackpool have signed a foreign footballer, this seems to be a feature of manager Ben Graham's management style, after signing Adrian from Spain right back Iban Zubiaurre signed for £2.8 million leaving Athletic his former clubs include Real Sociedad where he was brought up as a youngster before being farmed out to Elche for a short time.

This signing gives Graham depth but Graham was far from confident his new man would be a instant hit, talking to sky news his main message was that Neil Eardley had done such a good job his place wasn't lost due to Zubiaurre's reputation.

In other news Blackpool manager Graham is said to be happy with his teams form of late with a 1-1 draw against Everton and a 3-0 demoliton of Exeter in the 3rd round of the FA cup.

Last edited:
Just beat Wigan 3-0 in the cup, Ben Burgess x2 and Taarabt x1.

Had loan offer from Ac Milan's Ghanian world cup star Adiyah accepted dont think he will be intrested though :'(

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Graham tells press of big job hope
Today Ben Graham startled media nationwide by expressing his hope that at the end of the season a big club would approach him, according to Graham if such a approach was made he would seriously consider it. After being forced by the chairman to see David Vaughan to West Ham earlier in the day Graham was extremely frustrated and hoped further transfer offers wouldnt be accepted by the higher powers at Blackpool. Graham has stated that if young starlet Muniesa is sold without his accord he would resign instantly.

This full and frank interview with BBC SPORT has no doubt sent out a message to other Premier League clubs who have seen Blackpool's form in the table be better than expected.

Muniesa is said to be very happy with Graham's statement and isn't too bothered about not being able to join high flyer's Liverpool due to Graham's loyalty to him and the fact he's featured so much in the starting 11.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

DISASTER
Was saving and computer shut down = corrupt save.

Game over sorry guys, really devastating for me been doing this for days on a pretty slow computer then BAM gone.

Bad luck on the corrupt save!

Been doing my own Blackpool in the Premier League game. Started with all of this seasons top 7 in my first 8 games!

Best result so far for me has been a 3-1 win away at Arsenal. Daniel Niculae is a great free transfer for anyone using Chris' Summer Update database.

Am in April and lie 11th on 43 points

Bad luck on the corrupt save!

Been doing my own Blackpool in the Premier League game. Started with all of this seasons top 7 in my first 8 games!

Best result so far for me has been a 3-1 win away at Arsenal. Daniel Niculae is a great free transfer for anyone using Chris' Summer Update database.

Am in April and lie 11th on 43 points

That's quite a impressive season, keep up the good work second season's always alot harder from past experience.

Just started new game as Crystal Palace not sure whether i'll do a story or not yet, start 10 point deduction so it could be a fair owd struggle.