Capello names squad to face Holland

CtPauley

ORVP
Reaction score
Fabio Capello has named his squad to face Holland at Wembley.
Fabio Capello has named a squad of 25 players to face Holland at Wembley on Wednesday.

There are eleven players who could potentially be involved in The FA Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday, with six players from FA Cup winners Manchester City and five from Premer League Champions United.

Danny Welbeck returns after making his debut against Ghana in March, while Micah Richards comes into the squad in the absence of Glen Johnson. Ashley Young, who scored on England's last outing, a 2-2 draw with Switzerland, has since joined United to increase their numbers within the England squad.

Squad in full;

Robert Green, Joe Hart, David Stockdale

Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, John Terry, Kyle Walker

Gareth Barry,Michael Carrick, Stewart Downing, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Scott Parker, Jack Wilshere, Ashley Young

Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

TheFA.com - Capello names squad to face Holland

Wilshere named :(

would rather he didn't play in a pointless friendly tbh

Good to see Richards in there, deserved imo.

A few under rated players in there which i like to see- Lescott, Jagielka, Parker, Welbeck.

It's a decent side. Although I would have chose Sturridge over Welbeck.

Good to see Richards in there, deserved imo.

A few under rated players in there which i like to see- Lescott, Jagielka, Parker, Welbeck.

lescott? LESCOTT???

still glad Richards has finally made it

decent squad like always, glad Wilshere is in the squad as even though its a friendly International football is totally different and a young lad like him will learn so much from playing these games. Would have been intregued to see if he couldnt make it whether Capello would have named McEachran, never mind 2014 is his calling.

Wilshere named :(

would rather he didn't play in a pointless friendly tbh

You don't want Wilshere to play in a friendly against Holland so he doesn't get too tired? Oh god...

David Stockdale? I've never even heard of him before.

You don't want Wilshere to play in a friendly against Holland so he doesn't get too tired? Oh god...
I would say it's more he is only just coming back from an injury.

Their precious Wilshere cant play needless games lol.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

No Sturridge? He's always a huge threat.

Would have been nice to see him in for a friendly and i'd put up an argument that he deserves to be in the squad more than Welbeck at this current time?

Their precious Wilshere cant play needless games lol.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Would have been nice to see him in for a friendly and i'd put up an argument that he deserves to be in the squad more than Welbeck at this current time?

Welbeck has been having a fairly good preseason, might of been why he got the edge infront of a team who thinks torres is good.

Why? Welbeck's had an excellent pre-season proved himself for a season in the PL last season (compared to Sturridge's half a season), knows how to play with Rooney but isn't too similar to him...

Welbeck has been having a fairly good preseason, might of been why he got the edge infront of a team who thinks torres is good.

Nice trolling, bro.
Why? Welbeck's had an excellent pre-season proved himself for a season in the PL last season (compared to Sturridge's half a season), knows how to play with Rooney but isn't too similar to him...

Last half of season, didn't play too much first half, and was better than Welbeck overall. Sturridge has been great this preseason aswell.

Why is Lescott even involved in the England set-up? Jesus. And Barry? No offence Gareth, but......you're pants.

Torres is hardly **** is he?? I never said Welbeck has been poor, infact i think he has been very good but from January onwards Sturridge has been one of the most impressive players in the PL.

Like i say Welbeck has been impressive, but for me Sturridge is one of the most inform players around at the moment.

Wilshere shouldn't be in the squad after he pulled out of U21 squad, England should only pick players who want to play for their country.

Wilshere shouldn't be in the squad after he pulled out of U21 squad, England should only pick players who want to play for their country.

Wilshere wanted to play, Arsenal didn't want him to. Watch him play for England and compare to others and see which most wants to play for their country.

Wilshere wanted to play, Arsenal didn't want him to. Watch him play for England and compare to others and see which most wants to play for their country.
I like Wilshere and think he is a great talent but he should have played for the U21's