Capello names squad to face Holland

Torres is hardly **** is he?? I never said Welbeck has been poor, infact i think he has been very good but from January onwards Sturridge has been one of the most impressive players in the PL.

Like i say Welbeck has been impressive, but for me Sturridge is one of the most inform players around at the moment.

But you say that while ignoring that Welbeck seems to have done just as well as Sturridge.

Wilshere shouldn't be in the squad after he pulled out of U21 squad, England should only pick players who want to play for their country.

If he'd played for the U21s, he probably wouldn't be ready by now. Wenger would have given him a prolonged holiday so he'd only have around 2/3 weeks of training to prepare for this game, rather than the 2 months senior players have had.

It's not about not wanting to play for your country.

And since he's actually injured, not just lacking fitness, I'd say Calum has a point when he questions the decision to include him. Are we going to include Steven Gerrard, too?

Glad to see players like Cahill, Walker, Downing and Welbeck in the squad. Wonder if Capello will give them a chance to play??? Good to see Richards back in the squad, don't know why he hasn't been picked in ages as he's a pretty good defender in my opinion. Shame he plays for the blue side of Manchester though lol.

I'm just please to see Darren Bent dropped :D

He said he wanted to, Wenger didn't want him to.[COLOR=#00e0]

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
in my opinion country should always come before club especially in major international finals and when the club are not playing a competitive match for over 2 months, when Agbonlahor did the same he was booed at every ground for about 6 months.
Money.

If Wilshere had got injured in the U-21s and missed the first 2 months of the season, who would of been paying his wages? Us.

The club will always win the club vs. country debate for the simple fact they pay the player.

But you say that while ignoring that Welbeck seems to have done just as well as Sturridge.

I think Sturridge performed better than Welbeck did last season. He scored a greater number of goals in about half the number of games. I know goals aren't everything from a player, but it's what strikers are often judged on, so he can feel hard done by not to be selected in my opinion.

If Wilshere had got injured in the U-21s and missed the first 2 months of the season, who would of been paying his wages? Us.

The club will always win the club vs. country debate for the simple fact they pay the player.
you cant stop your players playing for there country just in case they might get injured

Both players deserve a call up. Capello has gone with Welbeck, and im sure Sturridge will get his chance.

you cant stop your players playing for there country just in case they might get injured

Well he did, and even though Wilshere didnt like it, and fans didnt like it it will benefit England in the long run. Even Wilshere admitted he needed the rest. Wenger actually wants Wilshere to succeed for England, contrary to popular belief

I think Sturridge performed better than Welbeck did last season. He scored a greater number of goals in about half the number of games. I know goals aren't everything from a player, but it's what strikers are often judged on, so he can feel hard done by not to be selected in my opinion.

Stats are closer than I thought:

Welbeck: 26 apps, 6 goals, 1 assist.
Sturridge: 25 apps, 8 goals, 0 assists.

Well he did, and even though Wilshere didnt like it, and fans didnt like it it will benefit England in the long run. Even Wilshere admitted he needed the rest. Wenger actually wants Wilshere to succeed for England, contrary to popular belief

I still think he should have been allowed to play for the U21's as he would have gained great experience from competing in a major international compatition and would possible have started the season for Arsenal on a massive high if England had won it, which I think they will have had a great chance with Wilshere involved. Anyway I just cant see the logic from Wenger of pulling him out of the U21's final but allowing him to play in a meaningless friendly.

Stats are closer than I thought:

Welbeck: 26 apps, 6 goals, 1 assist.
Sturridge: 25 apps, 8 goals, 0 assists.

Fair dos, I had only looked at his stats for Bolton. Forgot he couldn't hit a barn door for the start of the season at Chelsea.

Anyway I just cant see the logic from Wenger of pulling him out of the U21's final but allowing him to play in a meaningless friendly.
Don't be so sure he will even play in this game.

on Wilshere’s inclusion in the England squad…
They can include him as much as they want, he will not play.

Glad to see Carrick back in the squad... Barry is always a dissappointment

I still think he should have been allowed to play for the U21's as he would have gained great experience from competing in a major international compatition and would possible have started the season for Arsenal on a massive high if England had won it, which I think they will have had a great chance with Wilshere involved. Anyway I just cant see the logic from Wenger of pulling him out of the U21's final but allowing him to play in a meaningless friendly.

You keeping missing the point that Wilshere was exhausted, thats why he was pulled, not on some random whim. and the friendly isnt meaningless at all. Working with the senior team>> working with the Under 21s. Wenger's logic, even though i didnt agree with, is perfectly sound.

Don't be so sure he will even play in this game.

on Wilshere’s inclusion in the England squad…
They can include him as much as they want, he will not play.

He clearly wants him around the squad, for the lessons and traning etc, all that is still important

Danny Welbeck well thats slap in the face to allot of good players

You clearly dont watch lescott much mike, hes solid, obviously got nothing on Vince but none the less a solid defender.