Capello names squad to face Holland

You clearly dont watch lescott much mike, hes solid, obviously got nothing on Vince but none the less a solid defender.

I do watch him. hes average, not underrated.

You keeping missing the point that Wilshere was exhausted, thats why he was pulled, not on some random whim. and the friendly isnt meaningless at all. Working with the senior team>> working with the Under 21s. Wenger's logic, even though i didnt agree with, is perfectly sound.
Fair enough I am not going to mention it again but I feel there will be alot of fans this season who get on Wilshere and the other players who pulled out of the U21's backs just as they did with Agbonlahor a few years ago.

I guarantee he plays well tomorrow Mike, hopefully you eat your words, or will you do your usual.

Stats are closer than I thought:

Welbeck: 26 apps, 6 goals, 1 assist.
Sturridge: 25 apps, 8 goals, 0 assists.

If you strech that to all comps for club sides last season:

Sturridge: 33 apps, 12 goals, 0 assists, shots on goal 89, shots on target 28
Welbeck: 28, 6 goald, 1 assist, shots at goal 57, shots on target 19

I guarantee he plays well tomorrow Mike, hopefully you eat your words, or will you do your usual.

what are you babbling about? not sure why you're getting so defensive, i just answered your VM

Fair enough I am not going to mention it again but I feel there will be alot of fans this season who get on Wilshere and the other players who pulled out of the U21's backs just as they did with Agbonlahor a few years ago.

In fairness to him, if they feel the need to vent, it should be at Wenger not Wilshere. dont get wrong, i wasnt happy that he didnt play, but i do understand the reason. Assuming we qualify, we're going to need him at his freshest come the end of the season

Not getting defensive, just annoys me when people call lescott average/rubbish without even watching him, maybe you watch him but many people certainly dont.

Danny Welbeck well thats slap in the face to allot of good players

The in form, youthful Danny Welbeck in a friendly? The only other player I'd consider is Sturridge, who I think is really unlucky.

Feel a bit sorry for sturridge, played well last season. Capello overlooks yet another good player, great going fabio. You still pick people like gareth barry, downing but you leave out the likes of sturridge, ridiculous.

In fairness to him, if they feel the need to vent, it should be at Wenger not Wilshere. dont get wrong, i wasnt happy that he didnt play, but i do understand the reason. Assuming we qualify, we're going to need him at his freshest come the end of the season
I like Wilshere and England do need him as he is the closest player we have to Iniesta and we need to build our team around him.

Feel a bit sorry for sturridge, played well last season. Capello overlooks yet another good player, great going fabio. You still pick people like gareth barry, downing but you leave out the likes of sturridge, ridiculous.

He'll get his chance I'm sure of it. Especially if he can get a solid run of games for Chelsea, which he should for his end of season/pre-season form imo.

I like Wilshere and England do need him as he is the closest player we have to Iniesta and we need to build our team around him.

agreed, but we shouldnt over burden him and put all our expectations round him. Wenger will ensure he is the right condition come the summer

Downing is one of of the best left wing crossers in Europe, Sturridge is not. it was a choice between him and welbeck, and im sure he will get his chance soon

Not getting defensive, just annoys me when people call lescott average/rubbish without even watching him, maybe you watch him but many people certainly dont.

He IS average.

...and before you ask (like everyone else does all the time and the answer will always, always be this) I have watched quite a lot of Man City's matches, otherwise I wouldn't comment on Lescott.

Downing is one of of the best left wing crossers in Europe, Sturridge is not. it was a choice between him and welbeck, and im sure he will get his chance soon

Know this horrifies you but downing still does not convince me, i have always believed him to be very over rated (and dont pull my card, i do watch him quite a lot). I think there are better wingers around and he would not be a first choice of mine, would rather have tricky wingers like ashley young and adam johnson.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO ONE DEFEND LESCOTT OR I WILL EAT YOUR BRAINS

Really frustrated with Welbeck over Sturridge. Infact Crouch over Sturridge.

He'll get his chance I'm sure of it. Especially if he can get a solid run of games for Chelsea, which he should for his end of season/pre-season form imo.

Annoying thing is he will miss our first 3 games against 3 opponents we should/might score many against and if we find a set-up that works in that 3 games it just pushes him further down the pecking order.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Really frustrated with Welbeck over Sturridge. Infact Crouch over Sturridge.

I personly think Welbeck does deserve a call-up but Crouch is in because of his height. It should be a play off between Welbeck and Sturridge and on current form and last season then personly i cant look past Sturridge.

Know this horrifies you but downing still does not convince me, i have always believed him to be very over rated (and dont pull my card, i do watch him quite a lot). I think there are better wingers around and he would not be a first choice of mine, would rather have tricky wingers like ashley young and adam johnson.

Then you miss the point of why he is picked: Carroll. he gives you that extra option, something you would seemingly ignore. if you watch him as much as you say then you know he ranks in the top 8 crossers in europe, the 3rd best in the prem, made the most successful crosses in the last two years, averages the second most sucessful crosses per game this season.

and those two players were picked anyway

a joke. wilshere named, in a FRIENDLY (pointless one).

if anything happens. cappeloo's fault. LOL