De Jong dropped from Dutch squad

I thought not, which is shocking. Gotta' feel for Ben Arfa. Was looking forward to seeing him in the premier league.

Since the referee took no action the FA can review it I believe. But straight after the scissored Ben Arfa's leg in two, they got a free kick for a dive by Milner...

Not sure how he is a thug because he makes poor challenges? Good player but often aggression does often get the better of him, which can lead to horrible injuries. Van Marwijk is 100% right.

Not sure how he is a thug because he makes poor challenges? Good player but often aggression does often get the better of him, which can lead to horrible injuries. Van Marwijk is 100% right.
This isnt the first time. the way he plays is very thuggish at times. Just to be clear im not having a go because he is at city (i was also unhappy when Roy keane used to commit those kinds of tackles), he used to do it before then too.

Probably doesn't want both of his holding midfielders to pick up red cards.

bit harsh dropping him, he is still a good player just a c**t

bit harsh dropping him, he is still a good player just a c**t

No, this is the real reason to drop players from respective roles in the national team. This reason actually has something to do with football, unlike occurrences in the past.

If he disagrees with the way he handles himself on the pitch, then why would he then go ahead and select him?

Van Marwijk asks De Jong to "Stop diving into tackles". De Jong says no because he doesn't feel it will benefit his game. 8-|

No, this is the real reason to drop players from respective roles in the national team. This reason actually has something to do with football, unlike occurrences in the past.

If he disagrees with the way he handles himself on the pitch, then why would he then go ahead and select him?
well he didnt have a problem when he kicked alonso or that his son in law is one of the dirtist players in the game, he is only droping him for some easily winnable games to present the Holland in a good light.

well he didnt have a problem when he kicked alonso or that his son in law is one of the dirtist players in the game, he is only droping him for some easily winnable games to present the Holland in a good light.

Hardly. I highly doubt an international manager would do that. It's clearly for his tackle, it'll be a method for De Jong maybe to learn and change his approuch to tackling.

You mean when he kicked Alonso during a tournament final, he didn't start pulling apart his squad? I can't imagine why not. Yes, it was one of the worst challenges I have ever seen, but you don't know how he handled it when they eventually lost.

Yes, van Bommel is a filthy *******, and when he goes and breaks someone's leg in two places with an unnecessary tackle, I believe he'll receive the same treatment.

Last point is your opinion really. It can't be proven either way.

You mean when he kicked Alonso during a tournament final, he didn't start pulling apart his squad? I can't imagine why not. Yes, it was one of the worst challenges I have ever seen, but you don't know how he handled it when they eventually lost.

Yes, van Bommel is a filthy *******, and when he goes and breaks someone's leg in two places with an unnecessary tackle, I believe he'll receive the same treatment.

Last point is your opinion really. It can't be proven either way.
but there was no word of droping de jong after that tackle in the final, last point is a bit crazy but it is what i think :S

but there was no word of droping de jong after that tackle in the final, last point is a bit crazy but it is what i think :S

That match was the last of the tournament, and then the players went back to their clubs.

Of course, he could have dropped him from the team for a couple of friendlies, but I doubt it would have bothered him much.

The timing was unfortunate. I would like to believe that he would have been dropped, had he performed the challenge during the qualifiers, for example.

That match was the last of the tournament, and then the players went back to their clubs.

Of course, he could have dropped him from the team for a couple of friendlies, but I doubt it would have bothered him much.

The timing was unfortunate. I would like to believe that he would have been dropped, had he performed the challenge during the qualifiers, for example.
billy stop being right all the time :p

good, i respect the dutch coach for this hopefully he will learn from this.

Hopefully the club will follow suite and ban him but i doubt they will unless f.a make them!! ban the *****!

Hopefully the club will follow suite and ban him but i doubt they will unless f.a make them!! ban the *****!

Oh ffs grow up. He makes stupid, ridiculous tackles, that doesn't mean he is incapable of adapting his game to be more cautious. Maybe bench him a match or two, or even fine him a weeks wages to get him to learn his lesson. None of the above, however.

I have always maintained he is Thug and will stick to it, Van Bommel commits fouls but he doesnt go with his studs up like a ******. Hope he gets dropped completely. Johan cruyff would feel ashamed seeing his National team plays thugs like this,