De Jong dropped from Dutch squad

So i was spot on Cruyff. I loved Nasri and Jose Enrique comments.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I have always maintained he is Thug and will stick to it, Van Bommel commits fouls but he doesnt go with his studs up like a ******. Hope he gets dropped completely. Johan cruyff would feel ashamed seeing his National team plays thugs like this,

He was saying Van Bommel doesn't go studs up, not De Jong

And, sunilvk7, just because Van Bommel and De Jong make bad tackles, doesn't make Holland a team of thugs.

I never said Holland is a team of thugs. What i meant was Holland is known for beautiful passing game, Complete footall. I said Johan Cruyff would be ashamed to see thugs like De Jong playing for National team. And i was spot on too. Cruyff reacted for this tackle so was Dutch Manager.

So i was spot on Cruyff. I loved Nasri and Jose Enrique comments.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

I never said Holland is a team of thugs. What i meant was Holland is known for beautiful passing game, Complete footall. I said Johan Cruyff would be ashamed to see thugs like De Jong playing for National team. And i was spot on too. Cruyff reacted for this tackle so was Dutch Manager.

Sorry, your right, I misunderstood your eh..... English. Holland were known for 'Total football' during one spell when they had players such as Johan Cruyff. Why didn't they play like that during the final? Different players, different manager, different time, and the same applies to the opposition.

The news that Cruyff accused the Dutch manager of playing anti-football and being ashamed of De Jong has been around for a few months. Spot on? What are you talking about? Don't be giving yourself credit.

Sorry, your right, I misunderstood your eh..... English. Holland were known for 'Total football' during one spell when they had players such as Johan Cruyff. Why didn't they play like that during the final? Different players, different manager, different time, and the same applies to the opposition.

The news that Cruyff accused the Dutch manager of playing anti-football and being ashamed of De Jong has been around for a few months. Spot on? What are you talking about? Don't be giving yourself credit.

They didnt play like that in final coz they dont have the players needed for it.

Cruyff was talking about De Jong for months? I didnt know this. I said Crufyy would be ashamed seeing these sort of players, and he is. That i was spot on. I'm not giving my self any brownie points.

I said Cruyff would be ashamed coz he was the one who started this complete football.

And i dont have a f*****k clue why you are quoting me and posting about Dutch anti football, as i haven't gone on and on on Dutch style, except that i liked them earlier when they played breathtaking football..

I have not read the thread but i guess, there loads of people slating him, whilst City fans are saying he is soooo good. TBH how the **** is this news to anyone.

Well done and respect to Holland manager, doubt many other managers would do the same about one of their own players. these players need to use their brain. I doubt a club manager would take the risk to speak out and risk alinating their own players. ( i mean how many of you would do it when playing FM)
Would love to see player union speak out, and also the FA hand out harsher penalties and fines for persistant offenders. But end of day its more of an ego thing where if you cant create then you destroy. But we all love it when one of our players goes into a crunching tackle, so in a way we all part of the problem Fans, Press, Players, Managers, Authority so we all must be part of the solution.
Would love to know what the ref was thinking when tackle happened and how he feels now about it.

FA can't ban him, as the referee noticed it and decided not to deal with it. And Mancini wants to offer De Jong a new contract. Sure, it was a bad tackling, but I've seen worse.

There needs to be some sort of action taken against this kind of tackling. I don't get the people who say it will take contact out of the game. No it won't. At least if you give longer bans and harsher punishments, it gives the incentive for teams to tackle properly and not the situation now where there is this 'win the ball at all costs' mentality.

The same people that say Holland played dirty in the world cup final are the same people that are saying 'its part of the English game'.

i broke my leg last year in 3 places and nearl had to have it chopped of because of a bad football tackle,de jong is a disgrace,he tried to do it to players at the world cup, anywhere else apart from a football pitch this muppet would be in prison!!
rant over!!!

IMO, the thing is simple. The whole world saw him plant his studs into Alonso's chest during the WC final, and a lot of people also noticed him breaking Ben Arfa's leg. They also saw that he was not punished AT ALL for this kind of behaviour.

What kind of message do you think you are sending to him by letting him go scot free? Do you really think that he will be a goody-goody boy from now on and not make reckless tackles? In a game where people dive freely and where stopping a certain goal by using your hands makes you a national hero. Really, what world are such people living in?

And what message are we sending to the new generation of footballers who must surely be watching this?

The hall of meat award goes to.

Nigel De Jong.

For breaking everybone in the oppositions body.

I have not read the thread but i guess, there loads of people slating him, whilst City fans are saying he is soooo good. TBH how the **** is this news to anyone.

Just to add, he shouldn't be dropped for the way he plays, He is good at what he does, and how many of you could say you wouldn't do the same thing to try and win the WC final.

Marseille may look to sue the Manchester City midfielder Nigel de Jong over the tackle that resulted in a double leg fracture for the forward Hatem Ben Arfa, currently on loan at Newcastle United.

Jean-Claude Dassier, the chairman of Marseille, said that the club may look for further sanctions. "We will file a complaint against De Jong," he told the French news website Téléfoot. "It's about getting rid of this type of individual from European grounds."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/10/marseille-de-jong-ben-arfa-tackle

Also, Ben Arfa's agent has supposedly claimed that Newcastle can still purchase him for £5m without him having played the requisite 25 games.

Alan Smith said He was never the same player he was after that injury, Eduardo is not half the player he was, I dont know what holds for Ben Arfa.

The challenge was horrible as we know.

rumour has it at the newcastle v sunderland derby, the sunderland fans are planning on wearing nigel de jong masks.....now this is only a rumour, so please dont hold me to it.

but to be fair, the rumour did come from a sunderland fan who is going to the match.

is this in poor taste or just football humour?

i personally think its a bit out of order.

Last edited:

rumour has it at the newcastle v sunderland derby, the sunderland fans are planning on wearing nigel de jong masks.....now this is only a rumour, so please dont hold me to it.

but to be fair, the rumour did come from a sunderland fan who is going to the match.

is this in poor taste or just football humour? :)

VERY poor taste, if it's true.

is this in poor taste or just football humour? :)

Just shows how cunty the mackems are.

In todays Sun they have pictures and a report on De Jong reenacting the tackle with his team mates then having a laugh and joke about it in training. I seriously hope this is just a misunderstanding because if he did do this then its totally unacceptable and inexcusable.

intentionally or not, a double leg break can't be happened if it isn't a horrific tackle.

and I still can't believe that the referee gave no card, even though he saw how was Ben Arfa's condition at the time he was taken off right before his eyes.

let's hope no more people Van Jong'd like Ben Arfa in the future...