FMBase Lost Talents 2.0 - Attackers' Revenge Story

Not too happy about the 2 month goal drought , hopefully can keep the the current form going though.

:( I wanted to be the first to England. Ah well. Hopefully I'll be there soon :)

:( I wanted to be the first to England. Ah well. Hopefully I'll be there soon :)

Boom, that honour goes to the Oswaldo Nino!

I'm delighted! Wigan is a good move, especially at that price!

And the number 55 is even better, it's the number I use on my created characters on FIFA's!

Absolutely love this thread!

I had a good laugh when Messy Hallow moved to Maccabi Haifa :p Also, very interested to see how Oswaldo Nino does at Wigan.

Scoring a goal against Man Utd in the Europa? My Life is complete. No need to update anymore ;)
I kid. Keep it up.

**** it Gremio let me Hulk to Athletico!

What you gunna do, when HULKAVALDARRAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU BROTHER!!?

Alright guys, here's the low down. I will be going on vacation for a week starting the coming Monday. So from now until Monday, i will post two more updates. One that will cover the March and April months and the following update will have May until Mid-June. I will also post a special update to compare players' stats (goals and assists only). When i return from my vacation, i will post the World Cup results.

There wont be any updates tonight, hopefully i will get one up either tomorrow night after work, or the day after.

That's no problem Moe! I've also updated my Canada fixtures if your interested in reading how we got on ;) Like you i will be quite busy the next week or so , so pardon me if i don't post much in here.

MARCH & APRIL Updates:
1736j.png

Javier Squeekles might have started the season slowly, but my has he turned it around since the start of 2018. At the end of April, Javier has now scored 22 goals and assisted 10 others. His latest re-insurgence has helped Real Madrid move to the top of La Liga. Collecting 4 MotM awards on the way. Real Madrid have gone on a 15-game unbeaten streak, winning 13 and drawing the 2 others. Losing only 1 La Liga game since the start of January. Javier's form as of late hasn't been limited to La Liga, scoring 6 goals in 7 international caps for Bolivia since the summer of 2017. Its no surprise that his form this season has seen his value skyrocket to almost $40,000,000. He has even gotten some praise by Mourinho, now a Villareal manager. Real Madrid are now top of the league, tied on 86 points with Valencia, but lead the league due to their win over Valencia.
atlmadrid.png

After a horrendous month of February, Atletico Madrid have picked themselves back up, winning 6 games in a row to solidify their 3rd place in the league. Drifting only 5 points way from La Liga leaders, Real Madrid and Valencia. Valderrama hasn't stopped scoring either, totaling 27 goals, 3 assists and 5 MotM performances in 48 appearances. Atletico Madrid will be fighting hard to keep the Brazilian in their squad during the summer, as Bayern Munich, Juventus, Lyon and Valencia are all knocking on the club's door for his service. Valued just over $16,000,000, it will be hard to believe Madrid accepting anything less than $25,000,000.
benfica.png

Messy Hallow has kept up with his scoring form these past 2 months. Scoring 3 goals in his 5 match appearances. Raising his tally to 18 goals and 3 assists in 30 matches for Benfica. In the return leg at old Trafford, Benfica were given a reality check, when they were disposed 4-0 by the Red Devils.
737x.png

Wigan fans would like to see more appearances from Oswaldo Nino. But the Wigan manager has decided to include him gradually into the starting XI. When he gets his chance though, Nino has been a force to be reckoned with. In 4 matches since our last update, Nino has scored 2 goals and 1 assists. Raising his EPL Stats to 3 goals and 5 assists since joining his current club. In just 4 months, Nino's value has gone from $1,000,000 to $11,000,000. By the way, Nino was instrumental in helping Wigna beat Manchester City 2-1 at the Etihad Stadium, when he assisted the game winning goal to Rodallega. Nino was also responsible for giving Wigan the draw away at Anfield one week later, by scoring the game tying goal.
youngboys.png

20 goals, 4 assists and 2 MotM awards by Ignacio Ballena in the Swiss League has pushed Young Boys to first place on 59 points, ahead of Zurich on goal differences. Their recent run of form, 13 games unbeaten streak, speaks volumes of Young Boys' change of fortune. Ballena has been, arguably, their best player all season long and has been rumored to be voted player of the year for the Swiss League. His talent hasn't gone unnoticed either, which has gathered interest from Juventus as of late.
metalist.png

Juan Pablo Miguel has finally got his chance to play some more football again. Since getting back into the Starting XI, Miguel has made 6 appearances, collecting 3 assists on the way. But he was straight away suspended by the team after he publicly talked about his lack of trust in the team and how he would want to move come the summer transfer window. The manager and team board room have decided to make an example of Miguel and have suspended him for 2 weeks without pay.
marseille.png

Martin Batistuta hasn't had the best of season's compared to his former self. But his play has been good enough to help Marseille top the French League after 34 matches and give them a great chance to win their first Ligue 1 title since 2012. Batistuta has only been able to score 7 goals and assist 4 others, as well as picking up 3 MotM awards on the way.
421.png

It looks like Reginald Bottomtoucher Jr and Deportivo Cali will be going into anther Colombian Playoffs, finishing again in 2nd place behind Once Caldas. There are 4 more matches before the playoffs start, but with Once Caldas having 1 game in hand, i dont see Cali going into first place, unless Once Caldas have a major breakdown. Junior himself hasn't had a bad campaign this far into the season. Scoring 2 goals and collecting 3 assists in 13 games for Cali. He would much rather help his club win a title. Reginald has been raising attention to Brazilian clubs Internacional, Gremio, Atletico Mineiro and Sport Recife.
gremiog.png

During our last update, we saw Hulkster's name come up in the media on a daily basis linking him with a potential move to Atletico Madrid. The whole circus ended with Atletico Madrid withdrawing from the deal due, in their own words, ridiculous fee that was requested by Gremio. Hulkster was mostly in the sidelines during the whole transfer saga. Instead, he had decided to keep helping his current club as much as possible and has gone to score 12 goals in his 23 starts this season, as well as picking up 3 assists. First, easily topping the Copa Libertadores Group Stages with a 3-1-1 record. Than winning the Gaucho State Championship, winning comfortably 2-0 against Juventude after dismissing Internacional 3-0 in the Semi Finals. Hulkster will now try to help Gremio past Sao Paulo in the Copa Libertadores 2nd Round to inch closer to Continental glory that many Gremio fans have been dreaming for years now.
cruzeirof.png

Cameron saw his goal scoring ability take a dip at the start of the season. But when it counted the most, Cameron was the one to be there when needed. Cruzeiro now head back home with a commanding lead of 4-0 after the first leg of the Minas State Championship against Atletico Mineiro. They also go on the road with a 4-1 lead over Sport Recife in the Brazilian Cup 3rd Round after the 1st leg. Cameron has a respectable 9 goals, 1 assist and 1 MotM performances in his 14 match appearances since the start of the new season. Cruzeiro fans want to see more from their team in the Brazilian League though. With their last major title coming over 15 years ago, a Brazilian Cup triumph would be equally pleasant.

OTHER News:
- As mentioned in an earlier post, next update will be from May to Mid-June (Just before the World Cup Starts)
- Just to recap, both Ballena AND Javier Squeekles have a chance of winning Player of the Year in their respective leagues. So watch this space. Javier Squeekles will be going head to head with the best of them though, has Messi will be favorite to win the award too.

Dreams are made of a United fan to be instrumental against results against City and Liverpool.

Loving every moment of this story bro.

MAY to Mid-JUNE Updates:
1736j.png

We will start the latest update with Squeekles. The season ended with Real Madrid winning La Liga and Copa de Rey. Real Madrid had a slow start to their season and only made their way to the top after our March & April Update. All due to Javier Squeekles' rise in form, scoring at will for Los Merengues, scoring 14 goals in the most important times. Winning Copa del Rey was even better for Real, beating Barcelona in the finals by Penalty Shots. Topping his double medal wins, Javier Squeekles also won the La Liga Young Player of the Year. Squeekles will now have a deserved break after his wonderful season, instead, he has decided to join his national colleagues to play some international friendlies.
atlmadrid.png

Kenrry Valderrama ended his season with 30 goals for Athletico Madrid. Breaking the Madrid record for most goals in La Liga season, but was only 5 goals off from breaking the overall season goal record for the club. Athletico finished in 3rd place and their qualification to the Champions League has let Athletico Madrid reward Valderrama with a new 5 year deal with a $61000/week wage. With a new $16,000,000+ value, it hasn't stopped Valencia from going after him. His great season has also made Brazil's manager take notice and call him for the World Cup tournament this coming June.
metalist.png

The problem between Juan Pablo Miguel and Metalist are still having friction between each other. Juan Pablo Miguel again came out this past few weeks, first by claiming that he snubbed a new contract extension with the club, and following it with him saying that he doesn't see himself moving forward, career wise, with his current club. Juan Pablo Miguel, with 2 years left in his contract, was eager to move away from Metalist. His latest row with the club hasn't stopped other clubs taking notice. Bayern, Juventus and Villareal have all shown interest in the 22 year old Venezuelan midfielder.
marseille.png

Martin Batistuta didn't score any goals in the past month and a half, but has finally won his first medal since his medal with River Plate. Marseille finished in 1st place, 3 points ahead of PSG. Batistuta finished with only 7 goals and 4 assists in his 32 appearances. His dip in form this year got him lose his membership to the National Squad.
benfica.png

Messy Hallow ended his Benfica season with 18 goals, 3 assists in 30 appearance to help Benfica finish in 2nd place of the Portuguese League. His form wasn't good enough to make it into the National team.
youngboys.png

Young Boys were only able to finish in 2nd place this year. It was a close finish, finishing 6 points behind Zurich. Losing 2 games in the past 5 weeks that proved to be decisive. Ignacio Ballena was a goal scoring machine, scoring 21 goals for Young Boys in the Swiss League, winning him the Swiss League Golden Boot, which in turn, awarded him a pick in the Swiss League Team of the Year. Ballena finished the season with 27 goals, 4 assists and 3 MotM awards.

OTHER News:
- Other than that, not much going on somewhere else. There will be the World Cup in the next update. As mentioned earlier though, it will only be posted after my return from vacation. I will try to post a few stats comparison tonight or tomorrow.
- It was a short update. Sorry.

CrookdMoe you selfish pig, cancel this holiday at once! ;) Enjoy it mate, this story has been class so far, suppose I can wait for a while for Hulkamania to run wild again :)

BROTHER!

It's fine. Go on your vacation. Just dont forget about us when you return ;)

The Best of Strikers ?

We are all now aware of the strikers taking over Europe and putting South American team's in check. As of late, the European season has just come to an end. With only 4 Lost Talents' players in Europe, all strikers, it was only right to see how all the 4 compare to each other. The following graphs will show how each of the four players fared during the season when it came to the most important part of their game.

First, we will compare each players' goal compared to their shooting accuracy that hit their opponents net. The graph will show how accurate their shooting has been over the season. It doesn't prove their conversion rate, which will be shown in the 2nd graph.

Goals / Shooting Accuracy
goalssa.png

You can see that between these 4 players, Valderrama has been the most prolific striker of the 4. Hitting his target 57% of the time, while 30 of these shots finding the back of the net. Squeekles has been the most dangerous player of all, putting the defenders to the sword. Goalkeepers will have to be on their toes when Squeekles has the ball on his feet. Ballena has scored more than the average goals scored, but had the least on target. Hallow has the 2nd best accuracy between the 4, but the lowest goals scored. Those stats are not enough to show who had the best conversion rate though, so a new graph was needed to prove who the better one was.

Shots Taken / Shots on Target / Goals
shotslr.png

This graph will show you more about how the 4 European based strikers did with their conversion rate. Ballena might have scored 28 goals, but he had to take much more shots to get to his target. Unlike Valderrama, who scored 30 goals with 47 shots less than Ballena. All the while playing in La Liga, known to be the better league compared to the Swiss League. Ballena also scored 28 goals, hitting the back of the net with 20% of his 136 shots taken. Hallow might have scored less goals, but he has been as good, rate wise, as Valderrama and Squeekles. Squeekles and Valderrama would have to be easily considered the better of the four, because both players played in La Liga. One thing is for sure though, all 4 players have a high shot on target rate and will always have the keepers on high alert.

What we didn't show in the 2 graphs, are the minutes/goal by player. Ballena has the lowest goal per minute at 136.33 minutes per goal. The amount of shots also shows his sense of pealing off his defenders to get open for his teammates to find him. Being Uruguayan though, it is safe to say that its only normal to see him miss so many chances. Javier Squeekles was the one that had to play the most minutes to score a goal, averaging just over 150 minutes per goal. This could have easily been lower if he had not gone on a slump during the mid-season phase. Valderrama was closer to Ballena, with 140.77 minutes a goal.

Strike Force

Now that we have the European based players taken care of. It was time to move back to South America to compare the 2 players that have been placing fear on their opponents since joining their club's respective squad. Both Cameron and Hulkster have been the only ones to stick with their current club all their career. 6 Seasons on, both players have been slowly becoming the club's best players in their history. Hulkster has scored the most goals in Lost Talents' history, while Cameron was in third place.

With the new season in Brazil, I have decided to look at how both the players have started this far.

strikeforce.png

Hulkster has been the player this season, but its normal with him being surrounded with better talent. Cameron has been with Curzeiro, who have been finishing mid-table ever since he joined them. On the other hand, both players have been instrumental for their clubs. At the current pace, Cameron will break his own goal record for goals scored in one year. Hulkster on the other side, still has time to reach his 33 goals scored in a year. His assists' ratio has been his best in his career this far into the year. Their goal conversion rate has also been as good as their European counterparts.

Both players have always gotten high interests from European clubs, with Athletico Madrid coming very close to signing Hulskter. Both Gremio and Cruzeiro have placed their players on lock down with high demanding fees that has been putting other clubs off and pulling the plug.

I will hopefully do another player's comparison with midfielders later in the story. Maybe when the following season ends. I think it would be a good idea to do it more often.

Alright lads, there is a possibility that i might post the World Cup Review in the following hours. :D

Yeah. I have the best conversion rate in Europe. Eat that other strikers ;)