Fulham v Hamburg thread

how do burnley get a european adventure? :S

If Fulham win the Europa League then all the sides above Burnley in the Fair Play League will have qualified for europe already, so Burnley get entered into the Intertoto Cup, just like Fulham this season.

it would be great to see fulham take the title, and even more fantastic to see burnley in europe

Like this thread is made for me :wub: :wub:

We were **** today but our spirit carried us through.

There's only one team in Europe, one team in europe!!!

Simon Davis, outstanding goal :D

See you in the final Liverpo......... uh oh

The exact same way Fulham qualified this year.

Fair play League, don't be silly, we went through via league finish XD

Fair play League, don't be silly, we went through via league finish XD

Apologies it was in fact 02/03 you played in the Intertoto. Which Prem side did this season though?

EDIT. The Intertoto Cup was abolished in 2008. We would go into an early qualifying round, playing the runners up in Albania or the Faroe Island Champions or someone similarly ridiculous

Last edited:
Did you go to the game Jack? Best night ever :D:D

Apologies it was in fact 02/03 you played in the Intertoto. Which Prem side did this season though?

Don't apologise, just me trying be ***** ^^)

Err I thought they scrapped the Intertoto Cup but I may be wrong, I think qualification via fair play League mean that you go through the qualifying rounds which start in July.

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Did you go to the game Jack? Best night ever :D:D

It was amazing, although I wanted to die literally in the first half, credit where it's due though, those Hamburg fans were brilliant, loved giving it back to them in the second half though (H) Thought Danny had a shocker first half but as usual, we pulled through in the second, hiw many times has that happened this season!!!! Can't wait til final, are you going? The brother is just booking flights now :p

Yeah, yeah my mum booked me and my mates flights after the game haha. And yeah the Hamburg fans played their part tonight, contributed to the amazing atmosphere. Atletico should be tough but I think we can do it. It looked like one game too far tonight but we once again showed what spirit and character we have. Still, cant wait for the final :D :D

Hamburg, the locals won't be too friendly ^^)

Now the Airlines will be doing there best to rip off us football fans.

Liverpool fan here, wanted to say well done fulham, hope you give madrid **** in hamburg.

Well Fulham have done the impossible and i hope they win the final!

Absolutely brilliant result for Fulham, im well chuffed for them. Congratulations Roy and co ;)

Fulham = 1st Europa League Champions (You can do it lads)

amazing victory for fulham today. It would be fantastic if they win the euro league

12th May. I shall support fulham with all my heart! :wub:

Woo, go Fulham :D

it would be great to see fulham take the title, and even more fantastic to see burnley in europe

congratulations to Fulham
:wub:

On behalf of Fulham, yes as spokesperson THANK YOUU :wub:

Go On Fulham! Make West London proud. Never thought I would cheer another team's goal like I did Fulham today. Even shouting at the telly in the final minutes. No disrespect, but to see such a small club competing like this is incredible. Good luck lads, you boys definitely deserve it. Will Bob' be fit?

Just to add, 2 years ago, Fulham were looking forward to Portsmouth away, to look to stay in the Premier League, now they look to lift a European Trophy against Athletico Madrid. Why I love Football.

Come on you whites!

If Pompey hadn't of let you win that day in 2007/2008 think where you'd be. ;)

Fair play to Hodgson&Co What a fantastic season all round, regardless of what happens against Madrid.
Putting everything into perspective, budget, squad size etc, I think Hodgson should be manager of the season... It will probably go to Ancelotti, but o well...

If Pompey hadn't of let you win that day in 2007/2008 think where you'd be. ;)

Reading would be in the Prem for one.. :S

But all seriously, I think Fulham can beat Madrid, They've showed spirit in the cup and if they carry it on into the Final, i think they'll win. It's gonna be interesting how Roy sorts out his team for the last few Premiership games..

Simon Davies will never score a better goal.

Hamburg, Wolfsburg, Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, Basle, CSKA Sofia, Roma.

I'm pretty sure that is all the team's Fulham have played in the Europa league? From a team who almost got relegated not so long ago, to a team who beat the likes of Roma, Juventus, Wolfsburg and Hamburg, who are all top team, and have some of the best players in the world. It shows what Roy has done to the club, and what the club has become.

Even if Fulham don't win, they can walk off that pitch like champion's as in the eye's of there fan's and many other they are, nobody expected them to get to the Final, Semi Final, Quarter Final, I'm not sure many people expected them to get past the group stage. But they have, and I'd just like to say Well Done! Proved a lot of people wrong.

Come on Fulham! Do it for England!

I just hope Fulham don't do a Middlesbrough and get embarrassed in the final.