Fulham v Hamburg thread

I just hope Fulham don't do a Middlesbrough and get embarrassed in the final.
Fulham seem to be getting much more praise than Boro did,we hardly got a mention outside the North East when reaching the final.I remember Patrick Kinghorn who was a presenter on Talk Sport saying it was embarrassing to English football having Middlesbrough in a European final.

Take a bow Fulham.... Take a bow Roy Hodgson

They really deserve to win the tournament this year.

From relegation zone to Europian Glory.... what a fairytale...

Fulham seem to be getting much more praise than Boro did,we hardly got a mention outside the North East when reaching the final.I remember Patrick Kinghorn who was a presenter on Talk Sport saying it was embarrassing to English football having Middlesbrough in a European final.

yeah i rember that, i thought at the time it was a disagace, Boro did brilliant that season, and Lost to a very good sevilla side. I still use that when i stand off for Maclaren to mates, as evidence of his brilliance.

We were far from embarrassed to be fair. Yes the scoreline was 4-0, but three of those goals were in the last 12 minutes as we pushed on hard to try find an equaliser leaving a gaping hole at the back. Don't get me wrong, Sevilla were by far the better side and deserved to win, just think embarrassed is a bit strong. 70mins in we had 4 srikers on the pitch, 76minutes we should have had a penalty and 78th minute they scored their second...the rest is history.

Agree with Woody about the fact the press are fuzzing (rightly so) over Fulham getting to the final (Deservedly) yet there was barely a word when we did.

Anyway, hope they go on and win it.

yeah i rember that, i thought at the time it was a disagace, Boro did brilliant that season, and Lost to a very good sevilla side. I still use that when i stand off for Maclaren to mates, as evidence of his brilliance.

Steve Mclaren is an idiot. See below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZnoP4sUV90"]YouTube- Shteeve Mclaren[/ame]

Steve Mclaren is an idiot. See below:

YouTube- Shteeve Mclaren

An idiot who won Boro their first ever major trophy,gave them their highest ever Premier league finish of 7th,got them to a UEFA cup final and is one win away from winning the Dutch title with Twente.

What JP Said.

Only 3 British managers have won titles abroad.

Sir Bobby Robson

Terry Venables

John Toshack

Not a bad list to join.

An idiot who won Boro their first ever major trophy,gave them their highest ever Premier league finish of 7th,got them to a UEFA cup final and is one win away from winning the Dutch title with Twente.

All of those achievements are overshadowed by the fact the guy put on a Dutch accent for an interview.

I don't think we will be embarassed mate. We have beat some very very good teams this season. Atletico aren't any different.

I think we are getting more praise due to the fact we really have not spent alot of money during the period Roy has had such great success. Middlesbrough did amazingly, I remember screaming when Maccarone scored agains Steau but I dont think overall that was quite as long and tiresome as ours has been this year. Especially considering the fact we havent won anything and our last final was so long ago.

Yeah, it is a disgrace that Boro' didn't get much media coverage, Talksports usually say controversial things on air to get United, Liverpool and Newcastle fans to call in though, it's how they make money, by being wind up merchants. I am sure we wouldn't of got as much coverage if an English team was still in Champions League.

I don't think we will be embarassed mate. We have beat some very very good teams this season. Atletico aren't any different.

I think we are getting more praise due to the fact we really have not spent alot of money during the period Roy has had such great success. Middlesbrough did amazingly, I remember screaming when Maccarone scored agains Steau but I dont think overall that was quite as long and tiresome as ours has been this year. Especially considering the fact we havent won anything and our last final was so long ago.
You do? i think you get more praise and coverage because your a London club,not some unfasionable club from that awful Industrial North East. Southern biased arseholes who have never even been to the town or region. I refer to Jeff Stellings live speech.

Last edited:
I had never looked at it from that perspective to be honest. Quite sad if it is the case :[

You do? i think you get more praise and coverage because your a London club,not some unfasionable club from that awful Industrial North East. Southern biased aresholes who have never even been to the town. I refer to Jeff Stellings live speech.

True the media are very placist if that is even a word :S

To be fair, we've never had much media coverage due to Al Fayed as our owner who isn't exactly a media favourite. I think most Newspapers are based in the south as well.

Yeah,there has always been a media and press North South devide,but thats not the fault of the fans. I really hope Fulham go and win it now.

Yeah,there has always been a media and press North South devide,but thats not the fault of the fans. I really hope Fulham go and win it now.

I see where you come from but it is not strictly true, Clubs such Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester and Liverpool clubs receive great media attention from the national newspapers. The likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal have become media darlings. More unfashionable clubs like Bolton, Blackburn and Fulham receive less media coverage due not be successful is the past years despite Blackburn's title in 95. The only reason Fulham are receiving great media interest due to being the last English club in Europe and because it is very out of character of us to do so well. The media also love Hodgson but doesn't everyone love Woy :)

Last edited:
I see where you come from but it is not strictly true, Clubs such Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester and Liverpool clubs receive great media attention from the national newspapers. The likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal have become media darlings. More unfashionable clubs like Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn and Fulham receive less media coverage due not be successful is the past years despite Blackburn's title in 95. The only reason Fulham are receiving great media interest due to being the last English club in Europe and because it is very out of character of us to do so well. The media also love Hodgson but doesn't everyone love Woy :)

You meant to state "Fulham" twice, right? (H)

I see where you come from but it is not strictly true, Clubs such Newcastle, Sunderland, Manchester and Liverpool clubs receive great media attention from the national newspapers. The likes of Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea and Arsenal have become media darlings. More unfashionable clubs like Fulham, Bolton, Blackburn and Fulham receive less media coverage due not be successful is the past years despite Blackburn's title in 95. The only reason Fulham are receiving great media interest due to being the last English club in Europe and because it is very out of character of us to do so well. The media also love Hodgson but doesn't everyone love Woy :)

You can say clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle, But really the only media attention with newcastle is ****** up behaviour. Sunderland when was the last time "the Sun" Time, relegraph did anything remotely interesting covering them. Utd becasue of Title wins, But still i pick up my mirror this morning and Defoe is there friday columnist. The Sun, Haryy Redkanpp. They have a spread from Oliver Holt about Lamps in the mirror, You dont pick upp a NATIONAL paper and see a columnist from a city player( same statue as Spurs) or pick up a mirrir and holts talking about Gerrard, Fletcher, He rarely even talks about Rooney.