Is the SPL a better standard than the Championship?

willow1293 Amateur

for scotland to advance we need to join the english league sorry i dont quite understand what u mean by that cause when england get a hold of our country it generally get screwed up beyond recognition i aint racist my dad and 70% of my family are english scotland is scotland england is england when do we stop a brazilian team playing in the irish league its ridiculous we dont want it like american sports where u can move anywhere u want this is football and its been dramitized and screwed around with enough leave the beautiful game alone to progress

Steven Fletcher has been average in an awful team that are going down! how is that excelling?

what about man utd bravo

carrick - spurs
berbatov - spurs
owen - newcastle
rooney - everton
ferdinand - leeds
players taken from other teams i dont see anything destroyed

what about man utd bravo

carrick - spurs
berbatov - spurs
owen - newcastle
rooney - everton
ferdinand - leeds
players taken from other teams i dont see anything destroyed
Yes but these players join the big teams for massive transfer fees. Most of the Scottish deals I mentioned were for almost nothing.

Kirk Broadfoot - St Mirren to Rangers - Free
Alan Gow - Falkirk to Rangers - Free
Lukasz Zaluska - Dundee Utd to Celtic - Free

Even Kris Boyd was a steal!

you have gave a FEW examples of scottish players playing in the championship but have you seen some of the players that play in the SPL!

Kenny Miller, couldn't play in the premiership!
Lee Naylor, shocking!
Robbie Keane lost his form so went to the SPL
Diomansy Kamara, exactly the same!
Danny Cadamateri was dropping down the leagues by the season
Anthony Stokes, had half a season decent with sunderland, but couldn't play in the prem
Jody Morris :S
Michael Duberry!!! SHOCKING!!
Sone Aluko couldn't get near my own teams first team and rips apart the SPL!
Charlie Mulgrew never made any impact
Kevin Kyle :S

thats just off the top of my head of this season!

the spl only gets washed up players from the english league or lower league players or youths that aren't gonna make it to a decent level in england.

you have gave a FEW examples of scottish players playing in the championship but have you seen some of the players that play in the SPL!

Lee Naylor, shocking!
Anthony Stokes, had half a season decent with sunderland, but couldn't play in the prem

the spl only gets washed up players from the english league or lower league players or youths that aren't gonna make it to a decent level in england.

Kenny Miller was one of Derby's best players in the Premiership and was a favourite at Wolves, ask their fans.
Lee Naylor is also shocking at Celtic as Edson Braafeid, Mark Wilson & Darren O'Dea & Paul Caddis are chosen to play out of position ahead of him
Robbie Keane would still do a job in the Premiership and a couple of his goals for Celtic have been laid on a plate for him
Diomansy Kamara hasn't been very impressive up here and has the same strike rate as he did in the Prem (1 in 5)
I can't remember the last time Danny Cadamarteri scored a goal
Sone Aluko rips the SPL? Think again :D:D:D
The only thing that Charlie Mulgrew is good at is taking free-kicks
Kevin Kyle hasn't nearly hit the form he did last season and he is injured regularly. Kilmarnock, under Jefferies, got results from the exact same tactic, getting Kyle to head the ball into the back of the net, like Delap and Stoke, they practice this in the training ground, he may have scored lots of goals in England if they did this with him
Anthony Stokes, no confidence at Sunderland, moved back up to Scotland with the man that made him a great goalscorer at Falkirk, John Hughes.

The Morris and Duberry ones do get passmarks, though, Duberry is a standard defender who is decent at the back.
For Morris, he is completely average and I could name 20 better SPL midfielders!

the fact alex ferguson said not singing aiden mcgeady was the biggest mistake of his managerial career tells u it all the spl has had a lot of tremendous players gasgcoine laudrop mcgeady larrsson need i go furthur spl isnt all washed up players at all

How can you ask that question. Championship is far better than SPL.

I don't see what is wrong with the question, He gave enough evidence to spark the debate. Or are you just writting the SPL off as ****?

It's a toss up. I'm going to say the championship is better to watch, but that's mainly because my team are in it and I have only seen one SPL game this year (10 minutes of Hearts v Dundee on 7th March) and it was the worst 10 minutes of football I have ever seen.

That was a terrible ten minutes.

Lee Naylor, shocking!

I see what your getting at there and in alot of ways you are right.

It's a tough question to ask. The Championship is filled with average spl players who seem to excel down south

Charlie Adam
Chris Burke
Ross McCormack
Paul Quinn
David Marshall
Kevin Mcnaughton
Barry Robson

Yet the clubs in the championship are a much higher level than Most spl sides. Even the Old Firm would struggle to win the championship these days.

The championship is also more of an interesting league that chops and changes every year.

My love for the SPL loweres every year and it is due to the way things are run. I am always mouthing off about it, As are most Scot's.

Expansion is only the start of a thousand changes that need to be made.

thank about the players who left spl and done well in england larrsson did well there mikel arteta does well and in a top side stilian pertrov the same

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

why did anyone even mention lee naylor he doensnt deserve to be on a thread anywhere he is the worst player i have ever seen and reminds me of my old boss who was a dikhead

Celtic + Rangers : EPL
Next 4 : Coca-Cola Championship
Below that : League One

Thats my opinion :D

and bravo dont think its a case of celtic and rangers stealing players i mean if u were at hibs and u got offered from a team who plays champions league football where u gona go ?certainly not hibs no offence i live 5 mins from easter road

and scott brown to celtic brown came to us cause hes a celtic fan

and bravo dont think its a case of celtic and rangers stealing players i mean if u were at hibs and u got offered from a team who plays champions league football where u gona go ?certainly not hibs no offence i live 5 mins from easter road

and scott brown to celtic brown came to us cause hes a celtic fan

No way, I would honestly stay at Hibs until a non-Old Firm club, who are bigger than Hibs came in for me, Real Madrid were interested in Steven Fletcher and if he stayed at Hibs for another 6 months, they would've made an offer. As for the Champions League, the Old Firm are absolutely dreadful in the Champions League and embarrass our league very often.

It is also a well known fact in Scottish football that Scott Brown supports Rangers, he even has a Rangers tattoo

Lets just be brutally honest, scottish football doesn't compare to english football and NEVER will! the best scottish players move to the Prem because they want to play better football. like you have just mentioned Petrov, Larsson, Arteta amongst many others.

Anyone that shows any class in scotland ends up in england!

and im not trying to offend you scots, because we all know why this is happening and will happen for the forceable future!

MONEY! thats all football is nowadays, no loyalty or anything like that, the more money a player can get the quicker they move!

i think the scottish league would be much better off if the financial state of football was different, because you seem to produce a lot of decent players they just get moved on too quickly to impact on the club that brought them through

Lets just be brutally honest, scottish football doesn't compare to english football and NEVER will! the best scottish players move to the Prem because they want to play better football. like you have just mentioned Petrov, Larsson, Arteta amongst many others.

Anyone that shows any class in scotland ends up in england!

and im not trying to offend you scots, because we all know why this is happening and will happen for the forceable future!

MONEY! thats all football is nowadays, no loyalty or anything like that, the more money a player can get the quicker they move!

i think the scottish league would be much better off if the financial state of football was different, because you seem to produce a lot of decent players they just get moved on too quickly to impact on the club that brought them through

You are missing a massive point of the whole topic. The SPL players showing class, more often than not, join the Old Firm, who later ruin their careers

wouldn't say ruin!

some just aren't good enough to make the step up to a better team which can happen in any country

wouldn't say ruin!

some just aren't good enough to make the step up to a better team which can happen in any country

Alan Gow is the perfect example, he should've held out at Falkirk and look where he is now back up here at Hibs, not doing too well.

one player :/

look at the majoirty of the players that move to the old firm and they just grow and move on, like any player from a lesser club that gets spotted

gareth bale, theo walcott, ashley young, james milner, dan gosling, phil jagielka

just random players off the top of my head in england who just excel from smaller clubs than their at now!

scottish players like kris boyd, steven naismith, steven whittaker, scott brown have all done great at the old firm clubs.

its all due to whether these players that get the move to the old firm can make the cut, and obviously alot of them aren't good enough!

with the mass celtic exodus lately i wouldn't say that they necessarily haven't made it just that tony mowbray is a ***! to put it lightly and got rid of the core of the club to start a fresh himself

I cant see any bad points in the old firm moving into the Premier League, its well known for being the best league in the world. the old firm would rake in huge sums of money and be able to put that back into their youth acdemys etc and produced more quality for Scotland

No way, I would honestly stay at Hibs until a non-Old Firm club, who are bigger than Hibs came in for me, Real Madrid were interested in Steven Fletcher and if he stayed at Hibs for another 6 months, they would've made an offer. As for the Champions League, the Old Firm are absolutely dreadful in the Champions League and embarrass our league very often.

It is also a well known fact in Scottish football that Scott Brown supports Rangers, he even has a Rangers tattoo

Yes, and are you trying to tell me that steven fletcher would've kept out higuain, raul, benzema in the real side. More on topic though, the spl is of a poor standard outside of the top six or seven places, though i think clubs at the bottom of the championship are on a par with the likes of hamilton.

i just think that the SPL needs a lot of funding to make it better and it is up to the Scottish FA to do that.... and if they wont then the SPL will slowly decline.... so if they wanna do better then get better funding is all i can say really lol