Is the SPL a better standard than the Championship?

England in general is more physical than the scotland leagues, i will use geirgios samaras as my example, at man city he was slow, weak and a general waste of space, and hes now celtics best player? why? because the SPL is easy to play in if you play for celtic, if he went to the championship he will struggle

England in general is more physical than the scotland leagues, i will use geirgios samaras as my example, at man city he was slow, weak and a general waste of space, and hes now celtics best player? why? because the SPL is easy to play in if you play for celtic, if he went to the championship he will struggle

if you actually watched scottish football, you would've heard giorgios samaras
beign slaughted by the celtic fans. Because the amount of open goals one man can miss... well. How on earth you can say english football is more physical negates the general theme of this friend. the general conception of scottish football, is rain pouring down, and fat blokes getting booted all over the park.

Are you high?

Samaras is slow, weak and a general waste of space at Celtic. He was most excellent for the first few months, but got injured and turned to ****. Our best player is Robbie Keane, or maybe McGeady or Boruc.

Are you high?

Samaras is slow, weak and a general waste of space at Celtic. He was most excellent for the first few months, but got injured and turned to ****. Our best player is Robbie Keane, or maybe McGeady or Boruc.
oh really? i was talking of what i saw for the first few months, sorry for any inconveniences

While i agree that the spl use to have some of the best players in Europe with Larsson Gascogine ect. The standard of players now are no where near that standard. I been a season ticket holder at parkhead for 8 years and the last 24 hours have been dross all over the league. Not only celtic but its poor teams playing every week. Its the lack of money and the fact that celtic and rangers when they do buy they buy players from in the SPL that are going to be good players (so they think and leave them on the bench to rot). E.G Alan Gow, David Ferndaze, Derek Riorden, Mark Brown, Ian Murry these are just some of the players. The championship is of a better standard but for the SPl to grow and become a better league Celtic and rangers need to leave because its far too predictable now. However there is no chance in **** they will ever go to England. As they would need to start at a lower level than the preimership and would need to extend the amount of teams in the league so that it doesnt mean two teams are been relgated and temas cant be promoted due to celtic and rangers expense. It needs to be fair on all teams concerned and i just dont see it happening at least not for a long time yet. :(

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Sorry to repeat i am a celtic fan and this guy is a complete ****** when it comes to playing football. He is the tallest guy on the park sometimes and he can never win a header. His decision making is awful and he allways tries to pass the ball into the net rather than put his foot through it. This guy wouldnt even make a sunday league football team starting 11.

---------- Post added at 03:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Are you high?

I totally agree with Keane and Boruc, but Mcgeady for all his tricks his final ball is just terrible. He doesnt score enough goals and tries to beat everyman possible when he should really pass. I really couldnt careless if he left in the summer becasue i feel that he just doesnt produce enough in the big games. Never seen him have a outstanding game that i can rember against rangers/

I'm sorry but the Championship is better in my opinion. I've seen plenty of enjoyable attacking games at that level and it is always an interesting fight for promotion.

I've seen enough Scottish football and at times it is incredibly boring. St Mirren couldn't even beat Rangers with 9 men for ***** sake. There are some talented footballers in the league but listing 7 players who have actually done well is silly, there have been plenty of flops too. Plus the fact there are only 12 teams and there are 24 teams in the championship.

Okay lets take a look, i think some sides (Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd and perhaps my club Hibernian) would handle themselves in the Championship, but sides like Falkirk and Killie, sorry, cant see that happening. To make Scottish football more competitive, some money needs to be injected in the leagues. Also The Old Firm have to stop buying players from other clubs just to weaken other sides (Derek Riordan at Celtic, Willo Flood at Celtic, Ian Muray at Rangers). Also many of the SPL's top players will be signed bye either top Championship clubs or lower BPL clubs (Steven Fletcher to Burnley, Scot McDonald, Lee Miller etc to Boro and maybe Kris Boyd to Birmingham.) so to answer the debate, I think the SPL IS of similar standard to the Championship, but we need more top-flight clubs, AND MORE MONEY.

"Sone Aluko couldn't get near my own teams first team and rips apart the SPL!"

Yeah, but he also ripped Bayern Munich apart in the first leg.

Both leagues are very similar in standard. But after watching some of the dross at Pittodre this year, i'd probably say Championship for excitement. 5 years ago it was a lot more exciting :p Hearts split the old firm... more of that please!