Is the SPL a better standard than the Championship?

You are missing a massive point of the whole topic. The SPL players showing class, more often than not, join the Old Firm, who later ruin their careers
I believe we have enhanced the careers of Ian Ferguson and Kirk Broadfoot that came from your club? I do understand your point though?

Agree with expanding the league. My club (St Mirren) will play Rangers a total of 6 times this season, which is laughable. We need to chuck another 4 teams into the SPL for more challenge.
If we can get a bigger league and a new TV deal as the SKY money is terrible. If this can happen, it will be much better, I can see St Mirren challenging the Old Firm as we're the side with no debt and if we win the League Cup on Sunday, we'll get a cash windfall, not to mention that the club is up for sale and new owners will be expeted to provide a cash injection.
We will never expand the SPL simply because clubs like Kilmarnock,Motherwell,Hamilton,Aberdeen and St Johnstone gain much needed revenue from Rangers and Celtic taking over their stadiums with thousands of fans at shockingly inflated prices,there has been talks in previous years and they have used the flawed voting system within the SPL to vetoe the expansion idea? It's commercial suicide if the old firm only visit twice a year at the least instead of potentially 3 times each as is the norm just now(inc cup comps peeps!)
i just think that the SPL needs a lot of funding to make it better and it is up to the Scottish FA to do that.... and if they wont then the SPL will slowly decline.... so if they wanna do better then get better funding is all i can say really lol
Sorry bud but they are two separate organisations and don't see eye to eye because the SPL is the breakaway league much like the EPL and they get all the money?

Ok back on topic,on an other thread that we can find on the Scotland section i like to think we've established that Rangers and Celtic would probably survive in the EPL without challenging,so concentrating on other clubs up here i think only Dundee utd,Hibs, Hearts and at a push maybe Motherwell (only because of their ******* ****** pitch,nobody can play decent football on it except them!)would survive in the Championship the others would be quickly relegated?
Scottish football needs a complete re-vamp and needs to follow the scandinavian approach but how many times have we heard this?

I dont think Celtic & Rangers would qualify for Europa League if they were in the Premiership. I say this because of the way they performed in Europe this season.

and bravo dont think its a case of celtic and rangers stealing players i mean if u were at hibs and u got offered from a team who plays champions league football where u gona go ?certainly not hibs no offence i live 5 mins from easter road

and scott brown to celtic brown came to us cause hes a celtic fan

scott brown is a rangers fan

Celtic + Rangers: Playoff-spots in Championship
4 Below that: Fighting against Relagation in Championship or Fighting for play-off spots in league 1
Bottom 6: League 2

Celtic + Rangers: Playoff-spots in Championship
4 Below that: Fighting against Relagation in Championship or Fighting for play-off spots in league 1
Bottom 6: League 2

ok, just to be clear here, dundee utd and hibs are of a far better standard than plymouth for example.

the fact alex ferguson said not singing aiden mcgeady was the biggest mistake of his managerial career tells u it all

Hang on a sec, Alex Ferguson also said not signing Paul Gascoigne was the worst mistake of his managerial career.

I think that there are players that go from the SPL to the Championship is beacuse first, there is more teams prepared to play a decent level of football. Not even the Old Firm play good football nowadays.
Second, I think that there is is far more potential exposure to the Premiership if you play in Championship/League 1, for example FA Cup ties against bigger opposition. Fabian Delph was picked up by Villa, Victor Moses earned himself a move to Wigan this year and Jermaine Beckford has had his exploits noticed plenty.
Lastly, and most obviously imo, is the lack of money in Scottish football now is sadly seeing lower-end Championship and League One sides out bidding SPL sides as far as transfer fees and wages are concerned. If I was a young player looking to make my way, Id easily choose the lure of playing my football each week for a few extra bob south of the border with potential Premiership scouts reporting back to their employers.

Back to the original question , The championship has more quality but in saying that i think Celtic would be the only team in the spl to survive 38 league games in the premiership.

The Championship: Newcastle, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff...

The SPL: Celtic, Rangers and maybe Hibs.

Celtic and Rangers could survive in the EPL but I would much rather play and watch Championship football any day.

The Championship: Newcastle, West Brom, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest, Cardiff...

Celtic and Rangers could survive in the EPL but I would much rather play and watch Championship football any day.

Hibs are 5th in the SPL and are falling further down the league

I think the best thing about the Championship is that everyone can beat everyone with the exception of Newcastle and West Brom really, this makes it much more entertaining to watch, whenever I get to watch an SPL game, it's usually a Celtic or Rangers match because there the only ones the TV companies will show.

youv hit the nail on the head there mate, but the league structure is suffocating the spl.

And to whoever said alex ferguson said whatever he said bout mcgeady, i think ferguson could quite easily sign mcgeady if he wanted to<)

I credit you bravo for standing your ground mate!

Anyway, in my opinion, the Championship is much better. Lets not forget that they are only 1 league below the greatest league in the world, i'd say the SPL would be on par with some other leagues maybe, the simple fact that their matches look tacky and boring is one of the reasons I really can't take part in this arguement.

Very good debate though.

Would Newcastle,West Brom or any other championship team win the Spl ? dont think so. Would Celtic or Rangers win the Championship ? more than likely mate :D

Malta 2divison

Why not add something valuable to the debate instead of being an idiot? :S

Sorry, but it just aggs me that theres at least one member that has to add something irrelevant or random.

Would Newcastle,West Brom or any other championship team win the Spl ? dont think so. Would Celtic or Rangers win the Championship ? more than likely mate :D

You wouldn't be able to tell. Completely different leagues. Celtic and Rangers would struggle with the extra games. Championship would struggle with poorer pitches.

another reason to suggest that the spl is worse than championship is that often the team promoted ALWAYS is involved in a relegation system.