L'Alba di Paolo Maldini - A Toddzy Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just ask, will people read this if I update this way, just kindy takes alot of time to do. Please comment back on this comment I'd really appreciate some feedback :wub:

Tad long, but I found it really enjoyable. Keep it up and I'll keep following. :)

Tad long, but I found it really enjoyable. Keep it up and I'll keep following. :)

Ok thanks finally for some feedback :), but, should I continue with this style, or go back to my original?

good layout, but i prefer the one with the header its easier to read.

Where did you get those arrows for your signings from

Chapter 2 - The Interview

'Paolo, just give the website an interview, is in your contract anyway.'
'Honey, I can't, they'll ask me about the way I re-acted to Silvio.'
'You have no choice. Paolo don't argue with me, just do it.'

Following the chat with my wife, I agreed and gave the club an interview, praying that they wouldn't ask me about the incident with Silvio.

- - -

Maldini : Hello, its no problem, anything for the Rossoneri!

Website : Ok, lets get started. You loaned out Huntelaar, why?

Maldini : Well, Klass wouldn't have fitted into my plans. I'd already planned to sign Robinho, and I knew Klass needed playing time. But, this also gives him the chance to prove me wrong, show me what he's made of if you will.

Website : You mentioned Robinho, what inspired you to sign him?

Maldini : Robinho was a player that really interested me. I felt that hi directness, dribbling, pace and technique would be a great asset to the team. I think he showed this against Genoa.

Website : I'd agree. But at £35million, £180,000 a week. Is he worth that amount?

Maldini : Yes. Robinho is a Brazil international and very respected player. Yes he's had a hard time in Manchester and maybe people's opinion have dropped on him. But in my view, the lad is class and will be a major part of plans.

Website : I hope he settles quickly. Pato is another player you've spoken publicly you 'love'. What is it about him that you enjoy so much?

Maldini : I'm one of many people appreciate the lad's amazing talent. He is hard working and his desire is un-real. If people seen Pato in training as well as a game, you'd be on the same level as me. Future captain in my eyes, no doubt.

Maldini : No I believe that he will be. *laughs*

Website : The current captain, Gattuso, has a contract until 2011. Will you be looking to extend that?

Maldini : Right now I don't wish to discuss this. I havn't even spoke to Gennaro about this yet.

Maldini : What situation?

Website : Well Silvio informed us today that Pirlo is now speaking to Chelsea regarding a contract.

Maldini : Sorry but this isn't true. Silvio wouldn't act without my word.

Website : Really? Isn't that why you walked out of a meeting with him and Bruce Buck of Chelsea?

Maldini : I'm sorry this interview is over. *Rips of mic and storms off*

- - -

What the ****! Was the whole club out to get me or something? I phoned Silvio straight away.

*Hello you've reached Silvio. Leave a message and I'll get back to you.*

This was becoming a terrible situation. Was Andrea really speaking to Chelsea?

I had to look forward, and into the Besiktas game on Wednesday.

- - -

View attachment 92545

- - -

Please leave a comment on this :wub:

- - -

Interesring story. Will be following. I did some of my updates this way and it is much better. Liverpool tried to buy Pato in Jan for 40M. I said I wanted 140M. I also sacked Tassotti and signed Brian Horton. Check it out if you like.

Interesring story. Will be following. I did some of my updates this way and it is much better. Liverpool tried to buy Pato in Jan for 40M. I said I wanted 140M. I also sacked Tassotti and signed Brian Horton. Check it out if you like.

Thanks for that mate its greatly appreciated :) I hope you follow my story as I could do with some extra advice! I read a lot comments on how people saying that the stories section wasn't very good, so I'm trying to change the way I write to try and become a good story on here :) big ask I know! I'll look at your tory now :)

Haven't been a member long but I think this is one of the top stories i've seen. Will be following...

Haven't been a member long but I think this is one of the top stories i've seen. Will be following...

Wow, thanks man! Its comments like that that makes ye want to keep writing it :) greatly appreciated!

Chapter 3 - 'F*** Istanbul, I'm going home.'

****!

I was wheeling my trolley through the airport as we were heading out to Istanbul to face Besiktas in the Champions League. I was nervous. First time on the big European stage, against a pretty hard team to be fair.

All that was on my mind though was the interview I had given yesterday. Twice in a week I'd stormed off, it shouldn't be looking good. Plus Andrea talking to Chelsea, I couldn't afford to lose a player of his creative genius.

'Passport please.'
'Eh, yeh sure, here it is.'
'Thanks, will anyone else be flying with you today?'
'No. Just me.'
'Hey, Paolo Maldini...whats the latest on Pirlo?'
'There is no news.'
'Sure.'
'Can I just have my ticket?'
'Yes, I hope you have an enjoyable flight.'
*snatches ticket from her hand* 'Oh, I can't wait'

The plane wasn't very busy, and the players seemed relaxed. Even with all that had happened this last few days the players seemed right behind me. I greatly appreciated that. I turned round to see Andrea on his phone. I assumed this was his agent. S*** I thought. I felt the need to highlight that his phone should be off, but I dropped it, and fell asleep.

When we arrived at the hotel, I informed the player of the sleeping arrangements and gave them their keys.

'No later than 10pm eh? Big game guys.'

I myelf headed for the bar.

I sat alone for what seemed a lifetime, downing scotchs after scotchs. All I could think about was the situation I had found myself in with Silvio. It was only September for god sake!

'Another scotch, Sir?'
Do you know what?'
'What, Sir?'
'F*** Silvio, F*** Milan, F*** Istanbul, I'm going home!'

I got off the stoll that had became a comfort to me and headed towards the exit. As I stumbled and swayed, I looked at my watch - 3.30 AM. I'll leave in the morning.

I woke up the next morning in a pile on the floor, trousers half on - half off. My shirt was unbuttoned and my tie was still on. The room was spinning and I was uffering from a nasty hangover. I wasnt a drinker, thats for sure.

I hadn't forgot about what I said last night either, I was going home. I showered, got dressed and packed my stuff. As I walked out the door, I heard a conversation.

'Leo, its off, I'm not leaving'
'Because, I'm loyal to Milan. This is where my heart is.'
'I won't regret it, I can assure you.;

*I step out of the door to see its Pirlo on the phone. Andrea see's this and quickly hangs up.'

'Boss, where are you going?'
'Absolutly now-where thanks to you.'
'Aahh, I guess you heard.'

*I extended a hand, we shook and headed for breakfast with the team.*

After Breakfast we travelled to the stadium to be prepared for the tie. When kick-off finally arrived, it was an unrecognized team I played for many.

But on the 17th minute we took the lead via a goal from Ignazio Abate. He had crept around to the back post were he scored a close range header from a narrow angle.

It wasn't until the 52nd minute we re-gained control after Holosko equalised. Another header, this time from Giovani Dos Santos gave us the lead again. In the 62nd minute we wrapped it up when Dentinho rattled a penalty off the crossbar and in.

Delighted. We'd won 3-1. I'd already began to regret everything I had said in the early hours of the morning.

'Superb lads, I'm proud of you. That was a great team effort there tonight. We need to keep playing like that every week!'

As I left the away dressing room I felt a vibration in my pocket.

*Bzzzz, Bzzzz, Bzzzz*

It was Silvio.

'Hello?'
'When you get back from Istanbul, meet me in my office, immediatly'

*Silvio abruptly hangs up*

I smirked. Though I don't understand why. I grabbed my gear and headed for the noisy team bus.

For now, I was happy.

- - -

View attachment 92602

- - -

Please comment :wub:

Nice update and good story, i like the idea! i will defo follow mate!!!

I love the stories with a bit of fiction in them. This is a good read keep it up mate. I will be following ;)

I love the stories with a bit of fiction in them. This is a good read keep it up mate. I will be following ;)

Thanks man I hope you do follow :) it takes a while to write so it makes it worth it when people like yourself comment on it :)

I liked the old layout but I will still try to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.