Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has faith in his ability

I've seen & heard more than enough from Henry to feel completely confident about where he wants to take the club & how he wants to do it. I think the only thing keeping Roy in a job right now is the fact we don't have a permanent chief exec I think if we did have one he'd of been out of here a long time ago.I think they're doing the right thing by taking their time with the appointment because I honestly believe it's the most important thing we're going to do as a club for atleast the next 10 years. We need someone properly qualified with proven business acumen, preferably extensive experience in the game & someone who genuinely wants to get involved in what is, lets face it an absolutely huge overhauling of the club from the ground up. How many times have we seen the club lose out on signings because we've acted too slowly or been reluctant to spend as little as an extra million on players? (Simao/Dani Alves anyone?) that kind of bullshit has to stop.

I think once the chief exec is in, then we'll start to see a real change happening at the club until then we're just gonna see what we've seen from them so far which is them just trying to get a feel for the place. I think they're really trying to be thorough & get to the root cause of the problems at the club before they start sacking people left right & centre which I think can only be a good thing.

He made Liverpool a mid table team..... Yes because it is all him, Nothing to do with **** squad he inherited, the ***** owners who worked under... Not at all.

The same **** squad who finished 7th under the '**** manager' that is Rafa Benitez? We haven't been higher than 7th at all yet this season!

Roy out, Villas Boas/Klopp in.

The same **** squad who finished 7th under the '**** manager' that is Rafa Benitez? We haven't been higher than 7th at all yet this season!

let him stay another season or two, then he can go ;) He is doing a wonderful job !

Watched the LFCTV program with Tom Henry and John Werner last night.
Was funny cause it seems every caller who phoned up had something to say about Woy Wodgson.
There was one caller who said he was doing a excellent job and he believes in what Roy has planned, Surely a wind up, Or Roy Hodgson phoning in himself...

They wasn't accepting calls from people who were coming on to slate the manager, So half of the callers lied, One lad got on and went, " Firstly i would like to apologise to the woman who i spoke to before i came on air, I had to lie to get past her, I want to talk about Roy Hodgson, He slated his points, and then, the LFCTV presenter never even put the points forward to the owners.

It seems everyone has lost faith in Roy, Its understandable, He is doing a.. **** job, There is no other way to put it... For me, He didn't do "Amazing with Fulham"... He got them to a Europea League final...

I still see people slagging Rafa Benitez off now, saying he failed at Liverpool and never won enough.
What he done at Liverpool, In my eyes + Opinion, Was Amazing.

Roy had a good season... Every manager has good + bad seasons.

Like Alan Pardew for example, I don't remember him for anything really apart from his FA Cup Final with us in 2006, oh and his spell with Charlton, witch led to Charlton going into League 1 and the fans chanting they wanted him out. Now, He has a bigish job, and what's he ever done to deserve it?

Hodgson for me haven't done enough to become manager of one of Europest biggest clubs, many of you know how much I go on about Benitez and stuff, But that was the worst things the club has done in a long time, Sacking Rafa.

I feel in a way, Shockingly proud of our bad start to the season, Its showing that we was right, It wasn't a new manager we needed, It was a new owner willing to put money into the club and back Rafa.

Arghh, Ill shh now.. :D

9sRrD.gif

Come back Raf!

Love that people say he did an excellent job with Fulham, no he didn't. People seem to forget Steve McCLaren's run in the Europa league with Middlesborough. A lucky cup run doth not a good team make....I mean jesus look at the team we won the CL with! Traore has got to be the worst player to ever recieve a cl winners medal.

Roy is a terrible manager, I saw someone post on the LFC forums that Hodgson has only won 11 away games since 1997..I don't know how reliable a stat that is (I'm sure someone could find out with a bit of digging) but if true that's an absolutely appauling statistic & makes you wonder how the guy has managed to blag his way through premier league management for all these years!

He said judge him after 10 games, I did, I thought he should of gone then but we kept hold of him, it's now been almost 20 (league games) & although we are starting to improve here & there I still think he's awful. It's taken him all this time to move Meireles into the centre & persists with playing a formation our squad isn't suited to & wonders why we look about as dangerous as a 3 legged kitten going forward (Just ******* go back to 4-5-1!!!!)...some of the decisions he's made since he's been here have been absolutely baffling & I'm not talking about the transfer window. Playing RM on the right, dropping Babel for a completely uninterested looking Torres after playing his 2 best games for the club in a long time, playing Carra /Skrtel instead of Kyrgiakos despite Kyrgiakos looking like our only half decent defender for start of the campaign. Not bringing Wilson into the side despite our back four looking like they've forgotten what defending is, playing Pacheco shunted out on the right & then dropping him after the whole team looked absolutely abysmal. Idespite him looking like one of the few players in our reserves that actually deserves a shot in the first team on merit). The list goes on & on!

Sorry to rant but he absolutely infuriates me & if he was any other manager the press would of ripped him a new arsehole but because it's Roy he's seemingly untouchable. Mancini's City side are within touching distance of the title despite playing like **** for the majority of the season so far & yet the media tear him a new one week in week out. The sooner he gets the boot & takes the Blackburn job the happier I'll be in all honesty.
Be fair. Hodgson undeniably did a good job at fulham. He saved them from the brink of relegation in his first season. Then in his second took them up to seventh their highest ever finish. The season after he took them to there first major european final while also keeping them safely in midtable despite resting players.
How this post got 12 likes when the first part is such utter **** is beyond me.oO)

Yet you're 4 points off 6th, 5 points off fifth.

Last edited:
I disagree, Rafa had to go, purely for footballing reasons & he's shown at Inter this season that his methods just aren't working anymore. There's no discussion to be had on Roy tbh, everyone knows he isn't cutting it & it's blatantly obvious that he's not going to be here come the start of next season so the conversation turns to, who should be next in the hot seat? Personally, I'd like an attacking coach with a pair of balls. There are some players in our dressing room that by the sounds of things need to be read the riot act. I'll give you a clue, they're both scouse & the first letter of both their second names sound pretty similair.....

I dont think rafa is doing gr8 at inter so u never no he mite get sacked there and we can only hope he might come back

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

y he signed poulden i have no idea

and although mereiles is a good player he wasnt what we needed we needed a good winger

plus 18mil for mascherano I was hoping for atleast 20mil dont know bout anybody else

To be honest, no manager is going to say -

'I am a **** manager, don't know how to buy good players who don't play for Fulham, can't get one of the best strikers in the world to score, and I would never play a holding midfielder on the wing'

adding on to the rafa thing I heard that apparently torres nd gerrard said they would leave if rafa didnt

no idea if its true tho

People will start to realise how much we miss Rafa soon. Don't think throughout the whole time Rafa was in charge I doubted that we could beat anyone. Even going into games against Milan, Barca, Madrid I still felt we could win. Thats what Rafa brought because on his day he tactically beat any side in the world.

Now I go into games against Fulham, Birmingham, Everton thinking hmm a draw will be nice and games against United, Chelsea, Arsenal thinking oh my god we have no chance, which is wrong!

Hes not got what it takes to manager us simple as. He plays the wrong football, hes bought the wrong players (apart from Meireles of course who has been awesome but he even tried playing him on the wing just because he can cross) and his philosphy is awful. If John Henry was more wise about football he would be gone but as he doesn't know much he just see's his acheivement instead of the facts.

Last edited:
I disagree, Rafa had to go, purely for footballing reasons & he's shown at Inter this season that his methods just aren't working anymore. .

Nah, For me Rafa is the right man for Liverpool. He is loved by fans who acknowledged what he did for Liverpool, he is respected world wide for his carear, So what, Hes having a bad year at Inter, Don't forget, He took over us and finished 5th in the premiership, And still won the champions league...

I always will keep one eye on Rafa, He is a true great.

There's no discussion to be had on Roy tbh, everyone knows he isn't cutting it & it's blatantly obvious that he's not going to be here come the start of next season so the conversation turns to, who should be next in the hot seat? Personally, I'd like an attacking coach with a pair of balls. There are some players in our dressing room that by the sounds of things need to be read the riot act. I'll give you a clue, they're both scouse & the first letter of both their second names sound pretty similair....

If Roy was to go, Its obvious who I would call upon, But he doesn't seem to be leaving Inter any time soon, I think if he was to get sacked around the same time Hodgson does, He would come back to Liverpool and John Henry + Tom Warner would choose him.

Some how, I have a feeling that Rafa would leave Inter for Liverpool if we approached for him.

However, If Rafa was unable to come back, I would call on Kenny Dalglish, For me and many other Liverpool fans, He is King, This is his club. He seems to have been pushed out the picture since Rafa left, But I think he would make a perfect choice for manager.

He would bring a positive mood into the dressing room, He could possibly build a young squad, with him working with the kids for so long. But mostly, He has been there seen it and done it. He knows what is expected, he is passionate and knows most of the players.

Would love Kenny or Benitez to take over if Woy was to go, But its all ifs and buts, Whose to say Hodgson can't turn it around and win the premiership, (Hahahahahaa..)

Be fair. Hodgson undeniably did a good job at fulham. He saved them from the brink of relegation in his first season. Then in his second took them up to seventh their highest ever finish. The season after he took them to there first major european final while also keeping them safely in midtable despite resting players.
How this post got 12 likes when the first part is such utter **** is beyond me.oO)

Fair cop, I'll hold my hands up, he did a good job at Fulham but I think Fulham was his level & he should of stayed there. I don't think last season really showered him in glory, yes they got to the europa league final, but as I stated before one decent cup run doesn't make you a decent team & lest we forget they finished 12th in the league last year... 15 points off the european places with a shocking away record of 1 win, 7 draws & no less than 11 losses. How the **** do you manage to wrangle the Liverpool job after a season like that? oO)

To be fair to him fulhams away record has been ***** for years but i see your point.

All the best teams only have one away win this season anyway.:$

Last edited:
I dont think rafa is doing gr8 at inter so u never no he mite get sacked there and we can only hope he might come back

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

and although mereiles is a good player he wasnt what we needed we needed a good winger

plus 18mil for mascherano I was hoping for atleast 20mil dont know bout anybody else

Firstly,
His name is Poulsen, Don't have a clue were you got Poulden from, unless its a typing error, In witch, I apologise.

Secondly,
Yes we needed a good winger, But we also needed a decent midfielder, without Raoul + Poulsen we would only have Gerrard, Lucas and Shelvey.

Alonso was never replaced really, and that's why we got Raoul, Attacking minded.

We had to sell Mascherano for 18million, We was in like 280million debt, Do you actually think we had a choice?

PS: .
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/misc.php?do=cfrules
8. No 'txt' talk. Please check your spellings.
Kind of my pet hate, Sorry <3