Lord Alex, Sounds Catchy doesnt it?

What a ******* joke. Firstly, what has he done to warrant being a 'Sir', let alone a 'Lord'?!

Kenny Dalglish isn't a sir, yet Whiskychops is? Why? Just because of football? Because Dalglish has had a much bigger impact on the lives of others and seems much more deserving of one. Not just because of 'services to football'.

Joke.

Well, Envy, jealousy, bitterness, Sourness all in one post, thats a record even for you.

Why do scousers feel the need to call SIR Alex names such as Whiskey chops, bacon face, Taggart, why we could call Kenny, Kenny, it really is sad.

i think dalglish should be a sir after what he did post hilsborough, but you can't debate 'whiskychops' deserves to be one. he was the first manager to win the treble with an english club, and he does alot of work in the community its just the media are the ones who decide what to publish.

Wenger 'does a lot for the community' - he's the local paed- I mean; he and Arsenal have huge projects for the community, as does pretty much every club. Wenger helps run a financially stable business, like Lord Sugar. SAF manages a team in God only knows how much debt. Wenger has an OBE, SAF could become a LORD?

'Services to football' is a pretty weak reason to give someone a knighthood IMO. Whether that be Wenger, SAF, Dalglish etc.

Wenger 'does a lot for the community' - he's the local paed- I mean; he and Arsenal have huge projects for the community, as does pretty much every club. Wenger helps run a financially stable business, like Lord Sugar. SAF manages a team in God only knows how much debt. Wenger has an OBE, SAF could become a LORD?

'Services to football' is a pretty weak reason to give someone a knighthood IMO. Whether that be Wenger, SAF, Dalglish etc.
how's it fergies fault were in debt exactly? let me intoduce you to a man called Mr Glazer

Wenger is also French.

Services to football. Do you disagree with Olympiads, rugby world cup winners, members of the England '66 team being knighted, too?

I dont want to sound bitter, but why on earth did he get knighted for in 1999 when bob Paisley won the European cup 3 times, the only manager to ever do that (I think I'm right saying that)

how's it fergies fault were in debt exactly? let me intoduce you to a man called Mr Glazer

Let me introduce you to a man called Mr. I'm going to buy Kleberson for £20m ;)

Wenger is also French.

Services to football. Do you disagree with Olympiads, rugby world cup winners, members of the England '66 team being knighted, too?

Well those examples are different IMO. They're representing their country, rather than a select group of fans.

And being French has nothing to do with it. He's got an OBE.

Well those examples are different IMO. They're representing their country, rather than a select group of fans.

And being French has nothing to do with it. He's got an OBE.

But it's still 'services to football' which you disputed. What about musicians? They only appeal to a select group of fans. Should McCartney not be knighted, Jagger?

If you're foreign you can only be given honorary knighthoods. You have to be from one of the Queen's lands to be called a Sir.

no, he brought him for 6.5 million? and he made 68 million on ronaldo so again why is it fergusons fault that manchester united are in debt? you're sounding like a bitter blue

Last edited:
But it's still 'services to football' which you disputed. What about musicians? They only appeal to a select group of fans. Should McCartney not be knighted, Jagger?

If you're foreign you can only be given honorary knighthoods. You have to be from one of the Queen's lands to be called a Sir.

Didn't know that.

You make a good point - maybe I should have been clearer. I think 'services to football' in general is fairly weak, but at least your examples are NATIONAL heroes or whatever, rather than appealing to a certain district (East London ;)). I'm not really sure why sportsmen, or musicians should be knighted for being successful and famous? Meh.

To be clear - I'm not opposed to SAF personally being called a Lord (I am, but that's not the point), nor am I campaigning for Wenger to become one (As you said, he can't be, but I also don't think he deserves it - my first comment was largely tongue in cheek).

Well, Envy, jealousy, bitterness, Sourness all in one post, thats a record even for you.

Why do scousers feel the need to call SIR Alex names such as Whiskey chops, bacon face, Taggart, why we could call Kenny, Kenny, it really is sad.
they can give it out but can't take it...they can do their aeroplane gestures but the second a united fan suggests they murdered 39 italians they should be hung drawn and quartered. self.pity.city

no, he brought him for 6.5 million? and he made 68 million on ronaldo so again why is it fergusons fault that manchester united are in debt? you're sounding like a bitter blue

I'm an Arsenal fan, I'm joking, and I'm not bitter at all. Just pointing out that SAF has hardly helped Utd's financial situation.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

they can give it out but can't take it...they can do their aeroplane gestures but the second a united fan suggests they murdered 39 italians they should be hung drawn and quartered. self.pity.city

Find a hole, please. No need to mention any of that stuff.

Didn't know that.

You make a good point - maybe I should have been clearer. I think 'services to football' in general is fairly weak, but at least your examples are NATIONAL heroes or whatever, rather than appealing to a certain district (East London ;)). I'm not really sure why sportsmen, or musicians should be knighted for being successful and famous? Meh.

To be clear - I'm not opposed to SAF personally being called a Lord (I am, but that's not the point), nor am I campaigning for Wenger to become one (As you said, he can't be, but I also don't think he deserves it - my first comment was largely tongue in cheek).

Well what do we give knighthoods for? It's not like you gain anything from it bar the title. Surely it should just be to recognise outstanding achievement in your field. Whether it be business, sport whatever. I mean, I'm sure Wenger's still honoured to be given an OBE, he just doesn't get the official title. It's ceremonial more than anything. And on the note of Wenger, if he was British then I'd say he'd be the more deserving of being made a Lord for his superb understanding of the economics of the game, but he can't, so SAF deserves it.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Find a hole, please. No need to mention any of that stuff.
no i wasn't for one second saying the fact we sing about that is right, was just pointing out their ways

Lord Pardew. Now that has a ring to it. Even better, Lord Mike Ashley.

Well what do we give knighthoods for? It's not like you gain anything from it bar the title. Surely it should just be to recognise outstanding achievement in your field. Whether it be business, sport whatever. I mean, I'm sure Wenger's still honoured to be given an OBE, he just doesn't get the official title. It's ceremonial more than anything. And on the note of Wenger, if he was British then I'd say he'd be the more deserving of being made a Lord for his superb understanding of the economics of the game, but he can't, so SAF deserves it.

Well I thought it was to recognise outstanding contribution to the country, or the Empire since it's an MBE etc. (Member of the British Empire). I guess people like Football Managers etc. inspire people, and that's why they're recognised with the title.

TBH - I really can't be bothered to debate this lol. I'm tired, so you win. THIS TIME!

i think dalglish should be a sir after what he did post hilsborough, but you can't debate 'whiskychops' deserves to be one. he was the first manager to win the treble with an english club, and he does alot of work in the community its just the media are the ones who decide what to publish.

Agreed, good post.

Not envy/jealousy/bitterness/sourness, just a state of disbelief.

Wind your neck in. I had respect for the first post of yours I quoted but that's bang out of line. Both fans have sets of idiots yet it doesn't mean you should bring it up during a discussion about SAF.

******* idiot.

Which manager has had 7 different promotions?

Sir/Lord/Bishop/King Neil Warnock.

Well I thought it was to recognise outstanding contribution to the country, or the Empire since it's an MBE etc. (Member of the British Empire). I guess people like Football Managers etc. inspire people, and that's why they're recognised with the title.

TBH - I really can't be bothered to debate this lol. I'm tired, so you win. THIS TIME!

I care very little about it too. :)

Wind your neck in. I had respect for the first post of yours I quoted but that's bang out of line. Both fans have sets of idiots yet it doesn't mean you should bring it up during a discussion about SAF.

******* idiot.
ffs i'm not saying its right we sing that, its just my great uncle had to put up with liverpool/city/leeds fans singing about his friend dying.and its like you expect nothing in return
i wouldn't wish death on anyone

Meh, this is boring, i'm just going to win this argument by posting in belarusian which no one can understand:

Ебать ўсіх вас, Ніл Уорнок гэта кароль, любы, хто спрэчак варта вісела на тэмы свайго Лабко.

Lol, I win.