• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team passing stats from tonight:

United:
unitedpasses.jpg

Arsenal:
arsenalsu.jpg

Just heard a Arsenal fan text in on the radio saying that he loves Wenger, but maybe it's time for him to go, his teams never turn up against the so called 'big four'.

I thought it was maybe a bit harsh, due the fact that they're on for the carling cup, and still not out of the race for the premierleague.

United were nothing special tonight, just thought Fergie, yet again, tactically outclassed Arsenal, Van Der Sar didn't really have to make a save.

You dont need to be special to beat any team. All you need to be is focused and well planned, which we were and Arsenal weren't

Just heard a Arsenal fan text in on the radio saying that he loves Wenger, but maybe it's time for him to go, his teams never turn up against the so called 'big four'.

I thought it was maybe a bit harsh, due the fact that they're on for the carling cup, and still not out of the race for the premierleague.

United were nothing special tonight, just thought Fergie, yet again, tactically outclassed Arsenal, Van Der Sar didn't really have to make a save.

I agree with u, its harsh if people are telling him to go considering he is the best manager they have had and in 3-4 years time, mark my words Arsenal will be ahead of Man Utd due to their tight financial control while Man Utd continue to pile up debts, Arsene builds for the long-term so fans have to be patient

You dont need to be special to beat any team. All you need to be is focused and well planned, which we were and Arsenal weren't

So you don't need to be special to beat Barcelona, of course you have to have something about you.

I agree with u, its harsh if people are telling him to go considering he is the best manager they have had and in 3-4 years time, mark my words Arsenal will be ahead of Man Utd due to their tight financial control while Man Utd continue to pile up debts, Arsene builds for the long-term so fans have to be patient

But it's hard for fans to be patient, whilst every other team is spending (even if they can't afford to) and moving up the table, whilst Arsenal just don't seem to be winning anything, fair play, the Carling Cup is a trophy, but it's not major is it?

I like the football Wenger plays, and I like the way he goes about his players and football. But is it going to win trophies?

I hope so.

not sure what united debts have to with arsenal fans wanting wenger to leave to be honest...

So you don't need to be special to beat Barcelona, of course you have to have something about you.

To beat Barca, you need to be well drilled and have a game plan. Man United beat Barca in the champions league over 2 legs, without playing special.

To beat Barca, you need to be well drilled and have a game plan. Man United beat Barca in the champions league over 2 legs, without playing special.

I'm sorry, I just really don't agree with you, of course you need something special about you?

But, back on the topic of the game now.

stop it with the debt jibes, if you look at the facts man utd have less debt than chelsea now due to the pik loans being payed back. Can already tell this is going to turn into another man utd - chelsea slagging match :S

not sure what united debts have to with arsenal fans wanting wenger to leave to be honest...

Probably because one of the biggest reasons Wenger won't be sacked is the amazing financial control he has maintained at Arsenal, in contrast to other clubs. I think he was just offereing a comparison.

Probably because one of the biggest reasons Wenger won't be sacked is the amazing financial control he has maintained at Arsenal, in contrast to other clubs. I think he was just offereing a comparison.
but the comparison makes it sound like united are there by overspending, which isnt the case at all

stop it with the debt jibes, if you look at the facts man utd have less debt than chelsea now due to the pik loans being payed back. Can already tell this is going to turn into another man utd - chelsea slagging match :S

You just brought Chelsea into this.

Arsenal's finance as far as I know is a lot better than United's, but United win things, and currently Arsenal don't.

No, what I meant is that the way Wenger goes about making sure Arsenal have stable finances for the years to come is remarkable and I gave an example of how Arsenal will be in a better position financially compared to Man Utd in a few years time thanks to Wenger

But it's hard for fans to be patient, whilst every other team is spending (even if they can't afford to) and moving up the table, whilst Arsenal just don't seem to be winning anything, fair play, the Carling Cup is a trophy, but it's not major is it?

I like the football Wenger plays, and I like the way he goes about his players and football. But is it going to win trophies?

I hope so.

I know its hard for fans to be patient but whats the point of winning trophies now and then finding yourself in a bad financial position in 4 years time, Arsenal have had sustained growth and although they have not managed to win any trophies due to their belief of playing Young Players, they are improving quailty-wise every year, all the while making sure they have a stable financial structure to bounce back on, I think it is great managing by Wenger who seems not only to care about what happens on the pitch but off it as well and I would gladly have him as my manager over Ancelloti any day

but the comparison makes it sound like united are there by overspending, which isnt the case at all

Some on the signings he's made have definitely not helped the situation, making wild punts and players like Bebe?

Who nobody had never heard off.

You just brought Chelsea into this.

Arsenal's finance as far as I know is a lot better than United's, but United win things, and currently Arsenal don't.

it was a chelsea fan who brought it up anyway, and i wouldn't say their finance is better when wenger struggles to buy players whereas man utd still have the ability to do so

No, what I meant is that the way Wenger goes about making sure Arsenal have stable finances for the years to come is remarkable and I gave an example of how Arsenal will be in a better position financially compared to Man Utd in a few years time thanks to Wenger

I know its hard for fans to be patient but whats the point of winning trophies now and then finding yourself in a bad financial position in 4 years time, Arsenal have had sustained growth and although they have not managed to win any trophies due to their belief of playing Young Players, they are improving quailty-wise every year, all the while making sure they have a stable financial structure to bounce back on, I think it is great managing by Wenger who seems not only to care about what happens on the pitch but off it as well and I would gladly have him as my manager over Ancelloti any day
ok that makes more sense. in fairness they are not asking him to go mental. im sure one, maybe two top class signing wont break the bank

mate, u dont go into debts just because u overspend, fair enough Sir Alex Ferguson did not do anything to put Man Utd in this position but they are in this kind of position and all I said was that Arsenal will be in a much better position financially than Man Utd in a few years time thanks to Wenger and thats why he should not be sacked

I agree that recently Arsenal have come on a lot, and that's without a fully fit Fabregas & VP. But, the only thing that worries me is that Chelsea have not hit their form yet, and eventually will do, and even though United are top, still aren't playing to their potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.