Manchester United Vs Arsenal (Monday)

Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal always struggle vs Stoke. Certainly won't be an 'easy game for Arsenal'.

Ji-Sung-Park-Manchester-United-Premier-League_2540962.jpg

Park opening the scoring in the 41st minute with a fine header

Arsenal always struggle vs Stoke. Certainly won't be an 'easy game for Arsenal'.
We are normally fine at home, just playing at Britannia tends to give us the ***** :S

Anybody think PJS meant that header, or did he try and move out of the way?

Lol Park you b*stard.. Anyway please Wenger keep Sczeny (definetely wrong spelling) in the team.

Anybody think PJS meant that header, or did he try and move out of the way?

I honeslty dont think he knew what he was doing but that is just my opinion, he may well have tried to bend back and score a header from a crazy angle

Poll on Arsenal.com for Man of the Match.

1st. Szczesny 62%
2nd = Koscielny, Chamakh 7%

Hate to spam the thread, but Chamakh? ****, that's all he did was fall on his **** and look the miserable sod he normally does. Chesney or Walcott I'd have said.

I honeslty dont think he knew what he was doing but that is just my opinion, he may well have tried to bend back and score a header from a crazy angle

Meant it in my opinion after seeing a replay of it he did direct towards goal.

I thought he meant it, looked like it was too low to head it, yet to high to strike it with his foot, looked like a good bit of improvisation.

Reminded me a bit of Hernandez's goal, good craft.

Missed the game but very glad to hear Szczesny play well, always said he was a top-quality player.

Completely forgot to mention my hate for Man utd fans. not on this forum but at the ground. Ball comes in Chamakh goes down,next minute same old Arsenal always cheating. Two minutes later Utd center the ball and one of their players collapses the whole crowd goes mad that a penalty wasn't given. Also everytime we made a tackle it was same old arsenal and everytime they did it was BOOO bad decison ref.

Get off. You are now getting on at United fans for getting behind their team. Bullshit. If you have ever been at a football game you know any fans will get behind their team and any songs are sang with a bit of banter. Ever been to a football match? You should know what it is like.

Anyway on the game. I think we just deserved it but it was close. We had the chances (Anderson etc) and a shame we didn't take them. Both teams were poor just United were not as poor as Arsenal.

I have not seen the penalty again and couldn't see from where I was sitting but from looking at the comments on here it was harsh. Thought Clichy did well throughout the game and dealt with Nani reasonably well.

Thought Rafael and Anderson were epic last night along with Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra (All to be expected). Really think Anderson can get his head down and show his true quality, also benefiting him he is now allowed to roam forward unlike previous years.

Anyway great game, poor performance(ish) and obviously delighted with the win.

What a great result, and we go marching on...

Rio proved why he is still class, and how good was Vidic? The best defensive partnership in world football, with out a doubt.

What a great result, and we go marching on...

Rio proved why he is still class, and how good was Vidic? The best defensive partnership in world football, with out a doubt.

Without a doubt? A certain messrs Puyol and Pique would have something to say about that, I think.

That said, I agree on the principle. Rio's proving his doubters wrong, all those people saying he was past it, wouldn't come back the same player. Now he's returned to your back four your number of goals conceded per game has been halved (IIRC) and his excellent distribution skills are useful for playing out from the back, giving VDS an easy out-ball. His pace doesn't seem to have been effected too much either. Great to see him back.

Without a doubt? A certain messrs Puyol and Pique would have something to say about that, I think.

That said, I agree on the principle. Rio's proving his doubters wrong, all those people saying he was past it, wouldn't come back the same player. Now he's returned to your back four your number of goals conceded per game has been halved (IIRC) and his excellent distribution skills are useful for playing out from the back, giving VDS an easy out-ball. His pace doesn't seem to have been effected too much either. Great to see him back.

meh Pique is a Utd reject... ;)

Was at the game last night, and really enjoyed it. Everyone seems to be saying it was boring though! I felt it was end-to-end but neither side could really finish in the final third - Szczsney was excellent and couldn't do anything about Park's brilliant header. Clichy was decent, Arshavin was lazy though - if he bothered to track back more than once/half Nani would have been kept a lot quiter, like Nasri was. Thought both Arsenal and especially Utd were vey good defensively. Rooney, to my delight, was non-existent until he smashed the ball over the bar from 12 yards. Chamakh was clearly nervous, and probably tired considering how much he's been playing as we've had RVP, Bendtner, Walcott all out.

Talking of which.. Walcott had a decent little cameo but RVP needs to get 90 minutes under his belt (hopefully against Stoke) because he's clearly not there yet and had only had brief appearances.

I thought 1-1 was a fairer result, but I can't say we deserved to win, and Utd obviously could have had more.

Also, @Clarky (I think) saying the Man Utd fans were terrible - in that they didn't sing, yes, in that they were abusive or whatever, I have to say that some of the Arsenal fans threw bottles (why the **** do OT give out glass beer bottles?) at Utd supporters after the goal and after the game.

Otherwise, Arsenal fans were excellent - stood and sung for 90 minutes and were prompted into "shall we sing a song for you?" and "We forgot that you were here"

Sadly, I don't expect a very exciting game. Nasri with an assist and Arshavin netting VS. Rooney's header from Nani's cross. + Rooney himself will miss one penalty.

Haha told you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.