Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

You're going to be really shocked in the next 36 months when Liverpool do nothing at all! Also, I'm not worried 1 bit! I think you are and this is why you're coming up with stupid ideas that l'pool are going to spend big!

We've already spent big considering we're a club without a real history of massive transfer fees. Winning isn't all about buying big named players for 10's of millions you know?

Last edited:
Why would Liverpool want to keep him at the club? If someone offers 50m for a un-fit and off-form striker, you'd take it, would you not?

Why would Liverpool want to keep him at the club? If someone offers 50m for a un-fit and off-form striker, you'd take it, would you not?

liverpool fans keep saying he's not played well for 2 years, but he still managed 27 goals in 45 league games. For an off-form striker that's a pretty good return

We've already spent big considering we're a club without a real history of massive transfer fees. Winning isn't all about buying big named players for 10's of millions you know?

I didn't say it was! He said Liverpool are going to spend big amounts of money on the squad.

Lucas is more the kind of player Masch is and Lucas has arguably been our best player so far this season, so I think we'll manage.

Still disagree with this, Lucas was an attacking midfielder when he came and the few games over the last few seasons he has been allowed to go forward he has looked quite good. The trouble is Gerrard and Meireles (and even Shelvey) are ahead him for an attacking midfield berth. He just isn't aggressive enough for a true holding midfielder for me, yes he works hard, yes his intelligence means his positioning is good but he still doesn't look right there for me. And everyone is getting carried away with him this season, he has had some average to good games while some better players have been under performing. Still never going to win the league with players like him in the team. Bah humbug.

Liverpool did the right ting selling Torres right now, they wouldn't get anything near 50 mil, for him in the summer. and Luis Suarez already looks like a good replacement, so there is money earned.
Mascherano left, that was his own choice, If he wanted to stay at Liverpool he would have done so, he can't blame Liverpool for that one.
If you Like it at a club, you don't leave it. simple.

Still disagree with this, Lucas was an attacking midfielder when he came and the few games over the last few seasons he has been allowed to go forward he has looked quite good. The trouble is Gerrard and Meireles (and even Shelvey) are ahead him for an attacking midfield berth. He just isn't aggressive enough for a true holding midfielder for me, yes he works hard, yes his intelligence means his positioning is good but he still doesn't look right there for me. And everyone is getting carried away with him this season, he has had some average to good games while some better players have been under performing. Still never going to win the league with players like him in the team. Bah humbug.

i agree with that for the most part. he is similar to meireles, they are both great going forward but are versatile. meireles has a better shot and eye for a pass in my opinion but lucas has a great intelligence on the pitch like you said. the part i disagree with is that you say we cant win the league with players like him. look at man u, their center midfield has been a rotation of some very mediocre players for a few years, fletcher, anderson (he will be great just not quite yet and is more an attacker), giggs (better out wide by far.) hargreaves. yet they still win, and lucas is still very young. i think he will be better than all those (maybe not giggs, hate him but he is a legend.)

Speaking as someone who has seen Shelvey play fairly regularly, I highly doubt he has a future in a top 7 club. I could be wrong of course, seeing as he is still young, and most of the times I have seen him he has been playing alongside **** team mates.

Speaking as someone who has seen Shelvey play fairly regularly, I highly doubt he has a future in a top 7 club. I could be wrong of course, seeing as he is still young, and most of the times I have seen him he has been playing alongside **** team mates.

Still only 18 mate though. I know its your opinion but playing for a top club in England at the age of 18 means you've got something. His passing and confidence is top notch already just needs to work on a few things like every youngster.

So you think Liverpool have a better chance of winning trophys and in this current day are a better side than Chelsea is that right?

no you mis understood.

they may have more chance of winning things, but there is no way its a better club. if you ever get the chance to visit anfiled on a match day, you will see what i mean. Last time i was at the bridge the stewards were handing out flags to try and get some sort of atmospher going, this would never be needed at a man u or liverpool. maybe if they have a dominant spell like liverpool had and man u still have then they will get to that level.

as for now he probably does have more chance of winning things, and they do have a better squad, but it is not a better a club.

no you mis understood.

they may have more chance of winning things, but there is no way its a better club. if you ever get the chance to visit anfiled on a match day, you will see what i mean. Last time i was at the bridge the stewards were handing out flags to try and get some sort of atmospher going, this would never be needed at a man u or liverpool. maybe if they have a dominant spell like liverpool had and man u still have then they will get to that level.

as for now he probably does have more chance of winning things, and they do have a better squad, but it is not a better a club.

this is probably true as Liverpool have a far glorious history than many clubs, but the atmosphere at the Bridge is building up, I agree its still nowhere near the standard of Emirates or Anfield but atleast u dont get bored there nowadays

no you mis understood.

I cant speak for all the other Chelsea fans but i know for a fact when i go i cant speak for the whole of the next week. Even when im at home watching the game i sing (stupid and sad i know) but i love the club and am hugely vocal about it.

Plus so what if the atmosphere is poor at the Bridge the matter of the fact is Chelsea at this current moment in our lives are a better football team than Liverpool.