Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

I hate to be the one to break it to you but Chelsea don't win that many more trophies than Liverpool :'(

I know it's hard to believe: Chelsea 11 - 10 Liverpool (In last 10 years including Community Shields 2-2)

none of the 10 are league titles and Liverpool are not in the CL and more than likely will not be next season either. At the end of the day whether you like it or not Chelsea have been for 6-7years and still are a better team than Liverpool. Not bigger but better.

That's like us saying, none of your 11 are Champions League's...

Yer it is but Pool want to win the PL as much as Chelsea want to win the CL.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

I hate to be the one to break it to you but Chelsea don't win that many more trophies than Liverpool :'(

I know it's hard to believe: Chelsea 11 - 10 Liverpool (In last 10 years including Community Shields 2-2)

Plus we have won 12 trophys not 11.

Community Shield: 2000,2005,2009
League Cup: 2005,2007
FA Cup: 2000,2007,2009,2010
PremierLeague:2005,2006,2010

Now now, lets not turn this into an argument. Most bluenoses are proud of their bitterness, besides it was a joke.
At least we've got a reason to be bitter...

none of the 10 are league titles and Liverpool are not in the CL and more than likely will not be next season either. At the end of the day whether you like it or not Chelsea have been for 6-7years and still are a better team than Liverpool. Not bigger but better.

I was purely stating the facts, it's funny when people come out with "ifs" and "maybes" but until there is any proof that Chelsea have won more trophies than us recently then I will still think he leave for the moneys.

P.s Champions League > Premier League (K)

I was purely stating the facts, it's funny when people come out with "ifs" and "maybes" but until there is any proof that Chelsea have won more trophies than us recently then I will still think he leave for the moneys.

P.s Champions League > Premier League (K)

We have won more trophys than you??? Even in the last 15 years you have only won 11 trophys where as Chelsea have won 16!!!. Yes i agree Champions League>Premier Leauge but 3Premierleagues>1Champions League for me.

We have won more trophys than you??? Even in the last 15 years you have only won 11 trophys where as Chelsea have won 16!!!. Yes i agree Champions League>Premier Leauge but 3Premierleagues>1Champions League for me.

You are so easy to wind up.. XD

Anyway back on topic, Masch nobody cares.. I had completely forgotten about you until now, get over yourself buddy we have Poulson ;)

Im not wound up, im currently watching El Nino in shooting practice how could i be wound up.

You'll never, ever, ever be a bigger club. And Torres has gone to an old peoples home. LFC are gunna do some investing in summer. Next season we will be a better team than you!!!

I disagree with ur comment on Ibra being a bad signing, as we all saw in the Barca's game against Hercules at the start of the season, Barca could not manage to get the ball into the box, if they had Ibra they could have reverted to a plan B and gave him long balls to chase, Ibra always added a extra dimension to the Barca attack and he did decently too, no idea why he was loaned out

Masch is needed as a sub in games where Barca are trying to protect a narrow lead, Busquest does not have the physicaltiy like Masch to break up play and get stuck in, Masch can also be used in games such as against At Madrid where he is required to track the physically imposing Forlan by dropping deep and nullifying him, as Spanish football is more on techinality and not as physical as English Football, Busquests is able to perform his role admirably, i doubt he can reach the same heights in English Football but that remains to be seen and is a debate for another day

I'm not saying I disagree with you and I think the Ibrahimovic affair was a fiasco. But I trust Guardiola's judgement. If they're getting rid of Ibra, than it didn't work out. As for Masch, I agree, in that sense it was a smart move, but they should have found someone with that physicality who can pass better. To play for Barca you have to be an amazing passer, it's as simple as that.

Thats why i dont rate guardiola among the best managers. He has a pretty terrible transfer record.

I don't think he had much say in those transfers. Do you think he really wanted to go out and spend that kind of money on new players (particularly Ibra)? He's the kind of coach that has a lot of confidence in his players. I don't see him wanting to spend like that for a new guy that doesn't know the system. Same goes for Masch. If Pep wanted him, he would have played him.

Just look at the players that he can pick up for each game. That explains it ;)

It's not exactly difficult to win trophies with the squad Pep has at his disposal. Any half decent manager would be able to with that squad.

Its somthing i bought up a little while ago. Look at Frank Rijkaard won lots of trophys at Barca and failed at Galatasaray and is struggling to get work.

You guys are definitely wrong about Pep. First of all, what has he done to prove he's not a decent manager? Yeah he has a great team, but he's had as much success as any manager in the past couple of years, so you don't have any proof that he's not good. As soon as they start losing, you do, until then, you don't. How many managers won the treble in their first season in charge of a club? As for Rijkaard, he failed at Galatasary because he tried to implement the 4-3-3 Barca system. He didn't have good enough/the right kind of players to make it work though, especially got killed for the forwards not tracking back (so I heard from Turkish fans). Also, keep in mind that they are insane about firing managers in Turkey, and he wasn't really given time to implement his system.

The main reason Pep is great is look at the on the field product. They play so well as a team, better than any team I've ever seen. It's not like they just rely on the individual skill of a couple of their players to get buy, the whole team works amazingly well as a unit. Of course the passing and off the ball movement is incredible but so is their defensive tenacity. We've seen plenty of great squads get messed up by poor managers, and Barca has been on a different level since Pep came. No Ronaldinho, no Eto'o the last two seasons, but they're smashing records right and left. I think the development of Busquets definitely has a lot to do with Pep, who was a DM as a player.

You'll never, ever, ever be a bigger club. And Torres has gone to an old peoples home. LFC are gunna do some investing in summer. Next season we will be a better team than you!!!

Where did i say we would be a bigger club??? Oh thats right i didnt we are a better club but not a bigger club i think you will find i said.. Have you looked at our whole squad now, with the inclution of Nando, Luiz and Ramires our squad is hugely balanced again now.

Where did i say we would be a bigger club??? Oh thats right i didnt we are a better club but not a bigger club i think you will find i said.. Have you looked at our whole squad now, with the inclution of Nando, Luiz and Ramires our squad is hugely balanced again now.

Wide players?

Where did i say that your team isn't balanced?

Your average squad age is higher than any of the current top 7. Drogba, Lamps, Cole, Terry, Anelka, Malouda, are all 30 or over.
Like i said Torres has joined an old peoples home. Our squad will just keep going from strength to strength. We will be better than you in the next 2 seasons and that is a promise. Chelsea are on the slide!!

Last edited:
Wide players?

Wide players in a 4-4-2 diamond system???

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Your average squad age is higher than any of the current top 7. Drogba, Lamps, Cole, Terry, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Alex are all 30 or over. Like i said Torres has joined an old peoples home. Our squad will just keep going from strength to strength. We will be better than you in the next 2 seasons and that is a promise. Chelsea are on the slide!!

First of all id like to see where you get our facts from because Kalou is 25 and Alex is 28!!

Cech - 28
Ivanovic - 26
Luiz - 23
Bosingwa - 28
ALEX - 28
Bruma - 19
Mikel - 23
Ramires - 23
Essien - 28
Zhirkov - 27
McEachran - 17
KALOU - 25
Torres - 26
Sturridge - 21
Kakuta - 19
Van Aanholt - 20

Plus we have an owener who is willing to spend if need be. And you were saying mate?? Little tip, i would check the facts before.

and Liverpool have that much chance of replicating their success in the last 10 years as my granny has off playing for Real Madrid :wub:

Wide players in a 4-4-2 diamond system???

Aye, this is the formation I'd expect you to play now to accommodate Drogbes.

Le Sulk is out of luck really, can't see him getting played ahead of those two.

On the topic of Mascherano, can't think why hes come out and said this - just an unneeded dig at Liverpool. Surely it was cos is family couldn't settle in Liverpool, as someone has already said. So I'm a bit stumped really ha. Oh well, hope he's enjoying not getting a game at Barca :)

Your average squad age is higher than any of the current top 7. Drogba, Lamps, Cole, Terry, Anelka, Malouda, Kalou, Alex are all 30 or over.
Like i said Torres has joined an old peoples home. Our squad will just keep going from strength to strength. We will be better than you in the next 2 seasons and that is a promise. Chelsea are on the slide!!

LOL nuff said