Mascherano - Liverpool didn't do enough to keep us

i as well as the countless others, miss masch and alonso. even though they wanted out as previously said, they left honorably. thanked the supporters and players. torres, he just bitched his way out. he will NEVER be as loved at chelsea than he was in the Kop. effectively torres did the exact same thing lebron james did in the NBA. completely turned his back on all those who loved him. didnt give any gratitude. even insulted how good the players were.

personally i blame the owners. if they given rafa what he asked for for 3 straight years, we would still have all 3 and be a top club. Alonso and Masch would run the center. Masch gives any cm he partners great freedom because he works so hard to get the ball for his team. it would allow a player like alonso to be in a xavi type role for us, doesnt need to worry about defense as much but is the conductor of the offense. it allows gerrard to play in his natural role behind the striker roaming for space, unleashes his game and talent to force play brilliantly. from then you can play any manner of wingers or forwards and just adapt to that, ie. target man like carroll, or play it around the ground with players like torres and suarez.

if the owners had just shelled out the cash to get torres the strike partner he needed/wanted. when rafa was chasing villa. we would be tops now.

I didn't say Pep wasn't a good or decent manager. He's overrated in the sense that people put him up there with the best, when clearly he has inherited one of the best teams I've ever seen. Until he goes to any other club and wins trophies (anywhere is a step down from Barca) my opinion of him won't change.

The point about how they play so well as a team is about 30% to do with Pep. Sure he has implemented the work ethic where they close the opposition down all over the place but 70% of why they play so well together is because they've been playing with eachother since they were kids (most of them). The cohesion in that team unbelievable, they know exactly what each player is going to do with the ball which makes it look so easy for them most of the time.

Aye, this is the formation I'd expect you to play now to accommodate Drogbes.

Le Sulk is out of luck really, can't see him getting played ahead of those two.

On the topic of Mascherano, can't think why hes come out and said this - just an unneeded dig at Liverpool. Surely it was cos is family couldn't settle in Liverpool, as someone has already said. So I'm a bit stumped really ha. Oh well, hope he's enjoying not getting a game at Barca :)

Anelka will be played on Sunday mate i guarentee. In the last game he was played at the tip of the diamond and he was the best player on the pitch. He looks like he is re-inventing himself as a playmaking midfielder.

Wide players in a 4-4-2 diamond system???

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

First of all id like to see where you get our facts from because Kalou is 25 and Alex is 28!!

Cech - 28
Ivanovic - 26
Luiz - 23
Bosingwa - 28
ALEX - 28
Bruma - 19
Mikel - 23
Ramires - 23
Essien - 28
Zhirkov - 27
McEachran - 17
KALOU - 25
Torres - 26
Sturridge - 21
Kakuta - 19
Van Aanholt - 20

Plus we have an owener who is willing to spend if need be. And you were saying mate?? Little tip, i would check the facts before.

WOW Your squad looks ***** taking those players out!! LOL my bad, they were all top of my head. Kalou 25? Looks older, needs to sort his face out :)

The big spending days are gone! Accept it!! Its City who are the big spenders now. When is the next time Roman will spend big?

Liverpool big money signing will be coming, the next 36 months will be just money thrown at the team. Good times ahead, and Chelsea fans are getting worried :D

Anelka will be played on Sunday mate i guarentee. In the last game he was played at the tip of the diamond and he was the best player on the pitch. He looks like he is re-inventing himself as a playmaking midfielder.

Hmm yes he is bang on form at the minute, but I just can't see him getting a sniff when you've just paid 50m for Torres. Drogba won't be left out either, obviously. Unless he starts behind the two, which will be deadly.

I didn't say Pep wasn't a good or decent manager. He's overrated in the sense that people put him up there with the best, when clearly he has inherited one of the best teams I've ever seen. Until he goes to any other club and wins trophies (anywhere is a step down from Barca) my opinion of him won't change.

The point about how they play so well as a team is about 30% to do with Pep. Sure he has implemented the work ethic where they close the opposition down all over the place but 70% of why they play so well together is because they've been playing with eachother since they were kids (most of them). The cohesion in that team unbelievable, they know exactly what each player is going to do with the ball which makes it look so easy for them most of the time.

Pepe is a good manager, I just cant see him winning trophies at any other major club and what you said is very true, the cohesion in the Barca team is fantastic, this has been previously debated on the forum but there are lots of flaws in Barca's tactics, its only through the sheer ability of the players that there are able to cover them up

and Liverpool have that much chance of replicating their success in the last 10 years as my granny has off playing for Real Madrid :wub:

Over the next 10 years, we will be more succesful than we were over the last 10, I'll guarantee you that my friend.

Hmm yes he is bang on form at the minute, but I just can't see him getting a sniff when you've just paid 50m for Torres. Drogba won't be left out either, obviously. Unless he starts behind the two, which will be deadly.

no ur getting it wrong mate, against Sunderland we played Anelka in a deep role with Kalou and Drogba uprfront, our reckon is that Kalou will get dropped and we will play Drogba and Torres upfront with Anelka in the same deep role

Anelka always has a natural tendency to drop deep and get the ball thats why he excelled in this role against Sunderland, we might even play Luiz to combat the pace of Suarez and give our backline some much needed pace but that looks unlikely

Wide players in a 4-4-2 diamond system???

I was also referring to fullbacks, but what if you need to change formations for whatever reason? What if there's an injury crisis and you only can play one forward up top? You're a big enough club that you should have that kind of depth.

As far as Chelsea's age goes, I'm really unsure of how things will turn out for them in the next couple of years. Their core is way too old. Sure, they have all of these young players, but have any of them proved they're Chelsea material? Have they gotten a lot of chances with the first team? Had time to gel with each other and the squad? Learn the Chelsea style of play (which is...dependent on whoever's managing, and who knows who that will be in the next couple of years)? Of course RA can go out and buy players to keep Chelsea strong, but what if he can't get around the FFPA rules? What if the whole core retires and you're left with a bunch of unproven mediocre young players who don't play well as a team?

I'm not saying this will happen necessarily, maybe with the FFPA you'll still be able to spend plenty to improve the squad, but maybe not, especially if you have players like Carroll going for 40 million. I have no idea what'll happen but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd at least be a little nervous. The other teams in the EPL have plenty of good young players to keep them going for a while, especially Arsenal, and ManU as well. Even Tottenham and Man City would be fine if they had to stop spending. So I don't know how bright Chelsea's future is...

WOW Your squad looks ***** taking those players out!! LOL my bad, they were all top of my head. Kalou 25? Looks older, needs to sort his face out :)

The big spending days are gone! Accept it!! Its City who are the big spenders now. When is the next time Roman will spend big?

Liverpool big money signing will be coming, the next 36 months will be just money thrown at the team. Good times ahead, and Chelsea fans are getting worried :D

Thats like saying your squad looks ***** without Gerrard and Reina. Yer spending 75million in one day and our spending days are over apparently. I bet you were one of the people that said our spending days were over before we signed Torres and Luiz, more wishfull thinking im afraid.

if you are just going to post **** without evidence to back them up, why post at all?

But I have to agree, with or without Torres Liverpool have a great future ahead of them and they will defo compete for CL next season if all goes well

I was also referring to fullbacks, but what if you need to change formations for whatever reason? What if there's an injury crisis and you only can play one forward up top? You're a big enough club that you should have that kind of depth.

As far as Chelsea's age goes, I'm really unsure of how things will turn out for them in the next couple of years. Their core is way too old. Sure, they have all of these young players, but have any of them proved they're Chelsea material? Have they gotten a lot of chances with the first team? Had time to gel with each other and the squad? Learn the Chelsea style of play (which is...dependent on whoever's managing, and who knows who that will be in the next couple of years)? Of course RA can go out and buy players to keep Chelsea strong, but what if he can't get around the FFPA rules? What if the whole core retires and you're left with a bunch of unproven mediocre young players who don't play well as a team?

I'm not saying this will happen necessarily, maybe with the FFPA you'll still be able to spend plenty to improve the squad, but maybe not, especially if you have players like Carroll going for 40 million. I have no idea what'll happen but if I was a Chelsea fan I'd at least be a little nervous. The other teams in the EPL have plenty of good young players to keep them going for a while, especially Arsenal, and ManU as well. Even Tottenham and Man City would be fine if they had to stop spending. So I don't know how bright Chelsea's future is...

The age of our squad always gets called into question even by Ferguson last season and look what happend?? We have our core for the future and they have got games and will get more games in the near future. Terry, Lampard and Drogba will be around for a few years to come yet. Remember what Carlo done at AC Milan with the older players. The youth talent coming through at the moment is somthing special without a dout.

The age of our squad always gets called into question even by Ferguson last season and look what happend?? We have our core for the future and they have got games and will get more games in the near future. Terry, Lampard and Drogba will be around for a few years to come yet. Remember what Carlo done at AC Milan with the older players. The youth talent coming through at the moment is somthing special without a dout.

You're going to be really shocked in the next 36 months when Liverpool do nothing at all! Also, I'm not worried 1 bit! I think you are and this is why you're coming up with stupid ideas that l'pool are going to spend big!

Wait a minute he signed a contract, he's being paid a truckload of money to play and yet the organisation still has to pander to his every need and pamper him like a new born baby? Give me a break, Mascherano needs to STFU. How about showing some backbone and honouring your contract instead of moaning and crying and looking to bolt when times get tough?

Torres wanted more chance of winning trophys and play for a better club not money.

that torres interview was such massive trolling it was hilarious, basically called liverpool a small club