Most fierce football rivalries and derby's!

Most fierce football rivalry?

• Boca Juniors V River Plate

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • America V Guadalajara

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Crvena Zvezda V Partizan

Votes: 28 9.6%
  • CSKA Moscow V Spartak Moscow

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Dinamo Bucharest V Steaua Bucharest

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Fenerbahce V Galatasaray

Votes: 38 13.0%
  • Internazionale V AC Milan

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Lazio V Roma

Votes: 11 3.8%
  • Barcelona V Real Madrid

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Celtic V Rangers

Votes: 76 26.0%
  • Liverpool V Manchester United

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Millwall V West Ham

Votes: 36 12.3%

• Total voters
I dont understand why people say things about the clubs they have no idea about its like people say they support teams like Rosenbord and Shakhtar etc, fair enough if your from there countries but if your 100% british and you claim you "support" Shakhtar Donestk then your crazy :L

Wheres Forest Derby! Everyone loves to see us batter the Rams.. (not counting the last game)

Cant believe there's no Stockport vs Macc being talked about!

Wheres Forest Derby! Everyone loves to see us batter the Rams.. (not counting the last game)

heh, batter us?

how many years has it been since you last won away to us?

last time i checked it was around 16-17... :p

palermo v catania maybe?
if i remember right, a copper was killed during riots between the fans. the fact that it shut down serie a for a few weeks must give it some weight.
plus its in sicily so it probably has mafia connections... not that i'm using the stereotype or anything :p

In Britain, it's Celtic vs Rangers, no doubt about it. Most derbys are a tad tame in England bar West Ham - Millwall, but doesn't nearly match the Old Firm.
Saying that, there is much more crazy derbys across Europe, with the flares and the massive brawls, take your pick from any of them :O

palermo v catania maybe?
if i remember right, a copper was killed during riots between the fans. the fact that it shut down serie a for a few weeks must give it some weight.
plus its in sicily so it probably has mafia connections... not that i'm using the stereotype or anything :p

One of the managers had a goats head left on his doorstep. True story.

how the ******* **** did West Ham Vs Millwall get 18 votes? Lazio Vs Roma & Fernebache Vs Galatasaray **** on West Ham Vs Millwall completely..

Sorry but you missed out all the Brazilian Derbies they are real closely followed by the Eastern european and other South American derbies

Sorry but you missed out all the Brazilian Derbies they are real closely followed by the Eastern european and other South American derbies

Yeah I know but there are so many Brazilian derbies it is hard to choose 1 or 2 out of all of them tbh, I know the Fluminense-Flamengo one is good like.

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Chelsea - Arsenal London Derby

Hahaha :D

Can't believe the Old firm are leading this poll!
It's very tame nowadays compared to Argentina,Brazil,Turkey and Greece?
It did win Time magazines most dangerous derbies due to the religious implications but other rthan that its all bullshit,i've never had any bother at any games or after them no matter the result?
Maybe i'm just lucky?

I would have to say River vs Boca, its a classic, and they basically kill each other even in friendlies

As for international sides, I would say Argentina vs Brazil. Or even Germany vs England....

One most also check on the different criterias that involves a rivarly. Where the passion draws most of the fans. In that area, lots of south american´s rivalry have an edge on the european one. Just look at the stadiums in youtube, and you will see what I mean.

dont know if anyone mentioned it but its el salvador honduras, el salvador lost and launched an invasion on honduras, soliders moved into the honduran capital, out of those id say america vs guadalajara, saw a game on tv once, 1000 fans were taken out of the stadium, wheres AEK Athens vs olympiakos?

depends what you mean by fierce derbies though doesn't it, the likes of eastern europe matches, its mental because of the culture, no real meaning as such to the players?? Having said that, my friend told me partizan derby, player misseed a penalty and was sniped by own fan!! laughed at that, i mean thats just ******* mental!!

Thats because in east europe alot of the match police are corrupt and either involved in the fight or they organize them

Altho theyre might not be so much trouble at the Old Firm games these days there are still hundreds of assaults after the game and usually a few murders. I have had quite a bit of hassle but mostly because I live near an orange hall and I am a Celtic fan. I got punched after the 6-2 game by a guy in his 30s I think I was about 12 at the time. Tho I dont tar all Rangers fans with the same brush.