Pro Evolution Soccer 2011

Where's the fun in that? On a serious note, I really see no hope for this game, because the root of the problem is the people developing it don't know enough about football.

Last I checked Japan were ahead of Canada in the FIFA World Rankings. I don't see how you can make sure a ridiculous statement.

They may be good a making games but this is football, I remember one time when apparently Aliksander Hleb was the best player in the Arsenal team, at NO time has Aliksander Hleb in real life been the best player in the Arsenal side.

So apparently, you don't even know it for a fact? Yet you use this as a basis to put down an entire development team. I remember on FIFA 2004 when Matteo Brighi was the best player on the game.

Also when ever I choose my side (Arsenal) to play a team like say Chelsea, I get battered 6-0 on pro. Then when I choose someone like Inter, I win pretty consistently. As someone has already said, the game is too player/pace dependant, the passing system is shocking, the dribbling system is shocking (it's so easy to take like 5 defenders in a row) the shooting system is ridiculous, it's just a shocking, shocking game. That's not a fanboy comment, that's the truth.

I agree the AI is terrible at defending against pace. But play against any half-decent opponent and they can easily counter pace.

The shooting is ridiculous? What's bad about it? Personally I feel the shooting on PES is fantastic, and most other people who play PES usually have it as the only thing that doesn't need fixing. :wub:

Last I checked Japan were ahead of Canada in the FIFA World Rankings. I don't see how you can make sure a ridiculous statement.

FIFA World Rankings, yeah they stand for a lot don't they. Anyway, I wasn't really talking about the nation, more the production team, you can just tell from the games they produce, they don't know enough or haven't done enough research.

So apparently, you don't even know it for a fact? Yet you use this as a basis to put down an entire development team. I remember on FIFA 2004 when Matteo Brighi was the best player on the game.

I meant apparently as in "according to the game" so yes, I do know for a fact. I don't remember that Fifa game but to be honest I highly doubt that was the case, otherwise his face would have been on the front cover, you shouldn't go around fabricating stuff mate.

I agree the AI is terrible at defending against pace. But play against any half-decent opponent and they can easily counter pace.

It's just terrible.

The shooting is ridiculous? What's bad about it? Personally I feel the shooting on PES is fantastic, and most other people who play PES usually have it as the only thing that doesn't need fixing.

Well, my friends always seem to score from ridiculous angles with Ronaldo and you always seem to be able to get some unrealistic amount of power on the ball from a header. Crossing is also poor on PES
Tbh, forever in the world of football there will be this battle between PES and FIFA, personally I don't see why, I think FIFA won it ages ago but with most things, it's down to personal preference.

Last edited:
Tbh, forever in the world of football there will be this battle between PES and FIFA, personally I don't see why, I think FIFA won it ages ago but with most things, it's down to personal preference.

From the early days of ISS and FIFA it's always been pretty close, with PES finally gaining the advantage with PES5 & PES6 which FIFA didn't come close to matching at the time. But PES has fallen a long way behind since the move has been made to the 360 and PS3.

PES 2010 should of been the game we received in 2008.

FIFA World Rankings, yeah they stand for a lot don't they. Anyway, I wasn't really talking about the nation, more the production team, you can just tell from the games they produce, they don't know enough or haven't done enough research.

Idiotic statement again. So they get a few players stats wrong, so do EA and so do SI. What else have they done wrong, football wise, for you to discredit them?

I meant apparently as in "according to the game" so yes, I do know for a fact. I don't remember that Fifa game but to be honest I highly doubt that was the case, otherwise his face would have been on the front cover, you shouldn't go around fabricating stuff mate.

I wouldn't make things up to prove a point, so don't accuse me of anything without checking your facts. In FIFA 2003 Brighi was the best player in the game with a 97 rating. Ahead of Giggs, Roberto Carlos, and Edgar Davids the three cover stars.

Well, my friends always seem to score from ridiculous angles with Ronaldo and you always seem to be able to get some unrealistic amount of power on the ball from a header. Crossing is also poor on PES

So because lobs are easy to score on FIFA and the tricks are outrageous does that mean they're shocking? No. Same way a few freak goals, probably caused by the poor goalkeepers more than anything, don't make the shooting system on PES bad. The heading is fine as well, if you're on the end of a ball with a lot of pace on it then the headers usually fly in and likewise if the ball is floated the headers (usually) aren't as powerful.

The crossing isn't bad, but it's not as good as it could be. Sadly it's not changing much for 2011 either and they're just keeping the analog system currently in place.

From the early days of ISS and FIFA it's always been pretty close, with PES finally gaining the advantage with PES5 & PES6 which FIFA didn't come close to matching at the time. But PES has fallen a long way behind since the move has been made to the 360 and PS3.

PES 2010 should of been the game we received in 2008.

I'll agree PES5 & 6 were good, still preferred fifs though.

Idiotic statement again. So they get a few players stats wrong, so do EA and so do SI. What else have they done wrong, football wise, for you to discredit them?

How was that an idiotic statement? If you take the Fifa World Rankings seriously then you're the idiot. Plus I said that wasn't the main point either, I don't think they did enough research on the actual game of football, it's an observation.

I wouldn't make things up to prove a point, so don't accuse me of anything without checking your facts. In FIFA 2003 Brighi was the best player in the game with a 97 rating. Ahead of Giggs, Roberto Carlos, and Edgar Davids the three cover stars.

I've googled and it seems you are right, but let's be honest, we all know which game is much more accurate with player stats, Fifa may make the odd mistake but they are pretty good.

So because lobs are easy to score on FIFA and the tricks are outrageous does that mean they're shocking? No. Same way a few freak goals, probably caused by the poor goalkeepers more than anything, don't make the shooting system on PES bad. The heading is fine as well, if you're on the end of a ball with a lot of pace on it then the headers usually fly in and likewise if the ball is floated the headers (usually) aren't as powerful.

Lobs are bad on FIFA and they are addressing that but the whole of the Pro shooting system is a shambles IMO, and no they werent freak goals they were consistent tight angle goals my friends kept scoring against me. Obviously if a cross is fast you will be able to get a lot of power on the ball, that stands to reason, but on PES I have seen many a time where the slowest cross has ended up the most beastly bullet of a header and it's just unrealistic. I suppose you are right by saying shooting is probably the least of PES' problems, doesn't stop it from being a problem nonetheless.

The crossing isn't bad, but it's not as good as it could be. Sadly it's not changing much for 2011 either and they're just keeping the analog system currently in place.

Crossing is bad.
Edit: Also hating on FIFA's tricks? Come on, my friend easily takes 5 defenders out turns around and cirles back and takes 5 defenders again on PES. PES' dribbling system is probably it's worst problem.

Last edited:
Since I mostly play on the PC, I prefer PES over any of the **** EA Sports has given us. There is too much difference in quality over console and PC version of FIFA. At least PES makes it more level.

It's too easy to score on FIFA. Way too easy. PES has always been a lot more fun to play by yourself or with mates. Always. And by the way, just because a player is the best on the game, doesn't mean they're on the cover. Rooney isn't the best player on FIFA 10, but he's on the cover.

I used to be fully Pro when it came to this battle. But since PES changed their titles into the years (e.g. Pro 6 to Pro 2008) they became suckish and really couldn't keep up with FIFA. I'm now a bigger fan of FIFA and haven't bought PES since they had Michael Owen on the cover with Ronaldo.

I'll probably buy it this year because they seem to have made massive changes to the whole game and will be interesting to see how different it is now.

However, I feel that if the game doesn't make vast improvements from the last 2 versions then I feel they may lose even more of their fan base to EA which could effectively end the whole PES series we all know. I think that the people who spend £35-40 a year on these games to be constantly disappointed may finally say enough is enough if this game isn't up to scratch.

How was that an idiotic statement? If you take the Fifa World Rankings seriously then you're the idiot. Plus I said that wasn't the main point either, I don't think they did enough research on the actual game of football, it's an observation.

You didn't answer my question. What mistakes, football wise, have the PES development team made for you to condemn them with a ridiculous statement?

"As far as I can tell, Pro is just a football game made by a bunch of Koreans that don't really know **** about football."

/golfclap

I've googled and it seems you are right, but let's be honest, we all know which game is much more accurate with player stats, Fifa may make the odd mistake but they are pretty good.

PES may make the odd mistake but on the whole it's pretty good. SI Games make the odd mistake but are pretty good. FIFA make the odd mistake but are pretty good.

Where's your proof which game is more accurate? All this based on the fact Hleb might of been Arsenals best player on one iteration, which was probably implemented before he joined them and had a huge reputation anyway.

Also hating on FIFA's tricks? Come on, my friend easily takes 5 defenders out turns around and cirles back and takes 5 defenders again on PES. PES' dribbling system is probably it's worst problem.

I wasn't 'hating' on the tricks system. Anyone with an ounce of honesty in them knows that it's completely over the top and un-realistic. Which doesn't make it bad of course, like I said in my last post.

Well done to your friend, but is he just playing against you? The dribbling system on PES is good. If you think the dribbling on PES is it's worse problem then you really need to get your sensationalist priorities in order, or actually play the game.

Last edited:
Gunna rent both when they come out, see whats best, then buy accordingly.

I hear PES will be much better this year, so may be getting it.

****..it got a stadium creator...will FIFA make one?

hate this game, nowhere near a s good as fifa
then dont post on here, sitck to the fifa thread. pointless posts will only get you an infraction

use to love pes back from when it was iss but since pes6 they have been ***** just looked at the gameplay of pes 2011 on youtube and i can actually say im looking forward to this one maybe this year it might regain its title back :D

Looking forward to seeing the demo of this game. be better than seeing FIFA being the same as the previous ones.

I'll stick with FIFA, much better than PES.

Same with COD, much better than MOH.

Although, both are pushing the other titles hard for the top spot..

Must say the graphics look a lot more realistic and less arcade like but i suppose well have to wait for the demo to see what its actually like