Does walkers deal involve big bonus's??
And i think your doing a great job atm, long may it continue!

Does walkers deal involve big bonus's??
And i think your doing a great job atm, long may it continue!

No, no big bonuses :) I was quite surprised he signed the contract but so glad he has done !
Thanks mate! Its looking tight for top 4 :)

December

With a busy month coming up it was vital we started well . . . . .

Tottenham 3 - 0 Newcastle

View attachment 302825

And start well we did. A very good home performance against a struggling Newcastle side. Mousa Dembele (who has now reclaimed his starting position from young Dele Alli) with the first goal. Kevin Gamiero and substitute Harry Kane with the second and third respectively.

Next up was a crunch game against in form Everton.
Everton currently occupy 4th place being 3 points above us, we could really do with a win here to put the pressure on. . . . .

Everton 2 - 3 Tottenham
View attachment 302822

Another fantastic comeback !! Just like the Arsenal game, we were 2-0 down here and looked like being embarrassed before a superb second half comeback. Erik Lamela with a deflected shot gave us hope just before the hour mark! We then made a double substitution bringing on Harry Kane and Andros Townsend, now back to full fitness. It was these two who really made the difference.

Harry Kane brought us level with little over 10 minutes to go before he broke through yet again with just 3 minutes left and powered the ball past Tim Howard!

We now go level on points with Everton, in 5th place, just behind them by 3 goals.

Back to the Europa League and our last group game . . . .

SK Rapid Wien 1 - 1 Tottenham

View attachment 302820

After already qualifying from the group stage we didnt take this game too seriously. We rested a few lads after putting so much effort into the Everton comeback. Ings put us 1-0 before Wien equalised. In truth we didnt play well enough to win here!​

Next up is a home london Derby against a mid table QPR side . . . .

Tottenham 1 - 0 QPR

View attachment 302813

I'm really please to come away here with a slender win! We'd used all 3 subs before half time thanks to injuries to Kevin Gamiero, Jan Vertonghen and Erik Lamela. QPR definatley used a physical approach here!

Harry Kane with his with his 3rd goal in a week gets us the 3 points. Kane now seems to have overtaken Danny Ings to be the next best striker behind Kevin Gameiro.

A short break from league action brought our attention back the league cup, with West Brom visiting White Hart Lane for the Quarter Final tie . . . .

Tottenham 2 - 1 West Brom - (League cup 1/4 final)

View attachment 302812

Really pleasing win here!! The scoreline should really have been more confortable than it was! Jonjo Shelvey opened the scoring bags his first goal of the season before Dele Alli missed a penalty to doube the lead. West Brom then came back into thanks to Giorgos Samaras, yes GIORGOS SAMARAS!!! Andros Townsend got the winner and puts us into the semi final. Best news of the game was Kyle Walker making his first start of the season after renewing his contract.

We'll play either Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea in the semi's . . . Easy right ?

Back to league action with an away trip to the south coast . . .

Southampton 2 - 4 Tottenham

View attachment 302811

We're really starting to find our form in front of goal now!! Southampton were actually favourites for this game which made the victory even better. Andros scored his 7th goal of the season to put us 1 up. Jan Vertonghen then doubled the lead from a Christian Erikson corner. Fonte then got one back for Southampton before Kevin Gameiro put us 3-1 up.

As you've probably guessed, ex Spurs forward Roberto Soldado got the Saints back in the game at 3-2 before his replacement at White Hart Lane, Kevin Gameiro made sure of the points!

Next up was yet ANOTHER London derby, this time a home game against a struggling Crystal Palace side

Tottenham 1 - 0 Crystal Palace

View attachment 302810

A good performance but we weren't great in front of goal. A late, late own goal by the Crystal Palace goalkeeper earns us the 3 points! Hennessey was unlucky for that to be classed as an own goal. Kane looked to turn in a cross from Ben Davies but Hennessey in fact turned into his own goal himself.

The last game of the month was a tough away trip to south Wales . . . .

Swansea 0 - 0 Tottenham

View attachment 302809

A truly frustrating game! We had 3 goals chalked off for either offside or fouls! We finished really poorly and really should have won!

This draw with Swansea ensures an unbeaten month in December, winning 6 out of 8 games !

View attachment 302808
So, the end of December we find ourselves in 4th, 1 point behind Man City with a game in behind.

View attachment 302807

December also brought up some personal accolaids for both me and young center back Liam Moore . . . .

View attachment 302806

Not surprising with those results but I won my first manager of the month award in December after a great period which puts us in pole position for the Champions League places.

View attachment 302805

Liam Moore also got a mention for the young player of the month award. The award was won by Liverpool hotshot Raheem Sterling but young Liam Moore came third for the award. Its been a great season so far for the youngster who's kept his place in the team well.

There were also some managerial changes just before the winter transfer window . . . . .

View attachment 302804

Villas-Boas being appointed the new Liverpool boss.
Seriously how does this guy keep getting top jobs?! He's failed everywhere he's been hasnt he?

View attachment 302803

Newcastle also replace axed managed, Alan Pardew with Leicester boss Nigel Pearson.
Pearson leaves Leicester out the relegation zone and even 1 place infront of Newcastle.

So after beating West Brom in the League Cup Quarter final, the semi final draw was made . . . . .

View attachment 302782

This was probably the best draw we could have hoped for given the 3 other teams left in the draw! If I'm honest i was just pleased to avoid Man City !!

Last edited:
January 2015

So we start the new year with a couple of awards to give out. Sadly none of our players were mentioned lol . . .

View attachment 302702

Although a Tottenham old boy did at least !

Gareth Bale beat both Lionel Messi and teammate Christiano Ronaldo to win the 'World Golden Ball' award. Bale won the award fairly comfortably, gaining over 200 points more than nearest rival Messi. If I'm honest i expected both Messi and Ronaldo to score more than that! Bale has an excuse of only playing 13 games.

View attachment 302705

Messi did at least win an award for himself.

Quite unsurprisingly Lionel Messi wins the 'World Player Of The Year' award. He beat Eden Hazard in second and Christiano Ronaldo all the way back in 3rd!
It must have been Messi's all round game which won it for him as both Hazard and Ronaldo had both more goals and more assists than Messi! Messi had an outstanding average rating though of 8.20.

Okay, so back to Tottenham and the 1st of January brings the start of the transfer window and two new additions to our squad . . . .
View attachment 302701

DeAndre Yedlin and Andre Hahn join Tottenham after previously agreed transfers.

DeAndre Yedlin joins from MLS side Seattle Sounders. Yedlin was actually a transfer agreed before i joined Tottenham and looking at his attributed and coach reports i wouldnt say its a great signing.

View attachment 302700 View attachment 302699

The other player joining is Andre Hahn from BMG.

We tried to sign Hahn in the summer but couldnt get the deal over line before the window shut ! Andre Hahn signs for just £2.2 million after we discovered a buy out clause in his contract.

View attachment 302698 View attachment 302697

As you can Hahn looks a really good recruit. I really think he'll challenge Townsend for the right wing position. If nothing else at least his value has increased to £12.5 million.

January the 1st was a busy day for us, not only did we bring in the two players above but we also had the small job of traveling to Old Trafford to face 2nd place Man Utd . . . . .

Man Utd 4 - 0 Tottenham

View attachment 302696

It didnt go well !!
Without doubt our worst performance and result of the season!!
This just shows how far behind Man Utd we are! We could have overtaken them with a draw, but in reality we're light years away! Every time Man U attacked (which was all the time!) they looked like scoring. Falco and Rooney were unplayable.

Next up was an FA cup tie against Scunthorpe . . .

Scunthorpe 1 - 3 Tottenham

View attachment 302695

After a dire first half i'm pleased just to get through the game! A much improved second half and goals from Shelvey, Kane and Ings sees us safely into the next round. Andre Hahn also made his debut and put a decent shift in.

This win sets up a 4th round tie away to Championship side Derby.

View attachment 302694

We now have a good run of 3 winnable Premier League games before the league cup semi final . . .

West Brom 1 - 2 Tottenham

View attachment 302683
Yet again we go 1-0 down and come back to win! It wasnt a great game or a great performance but two goals from Erik Lamela saw us pick up the 3 points at least. Lamela moved into a more central position which worked a treat. We now go 4 points clear of Everton and remain in 4th spot, only 1 point behind Man City who are in 3rd.

Tottenham 3 - 0 Burnley

View attachment 302682

A good win! In truth this is a game we should be winning. Lamela once again looked pure class in central role, notching his 4th goal in 2 games! Burnley never looked in the game if we're honest.
We now climb above Man City into 3rd as they lost at home to Arsenal.

Tottenham 5 - 1 Aston Villa

View attachment 302681

Another unbelievable comeback! Phillipe Senderos put Villa ahead from a first half corner before we really got into our stride.

Lamela scored yet another goal starting in his central position once more, that's 5 in 3 for the Argentine! Kevin Gamiero then got back his goalscoring form scoring his 15th and 16th goal of the season to put us 3-1 up. Substitute Danny Ings then netted his 6th of the campaign to the game t bed before Erikson scored an absolute belter to make it 5 !!

This takes us into 2nd following Man Utd's draw with Sunderland.

Next up is the away leg in the Capital One cup semi final.

Liverpool 0 - 0 Tottenham

View attachment 302677

A really good result here. Sets us up perfectly for the second leg to be played next! The biggest disappointment here is an injury to Erik Lamela who's out for 3 months.

A short break from the league cup, this time facing Championship side Derby . . .

Derby 1 - 2 Tottenham

View attachment 302670

Not our best game but a wins a win! Andros Townsend with the winner after beating several defenders. A very weakened team was put out with the semi final league cup coming up next.

This wins lined us up with another winnable tie, this time against Newcaslte away.

View attachment 302668

Now, probably our biggest game of the season. The 2nd leg against Liverpool . . .

Tottenham 3 - 1 Liverpool

View attachment 302667

What a fantastic result ! We were much the better side and Jan Vertonghen gave us a deserved lead with a powerful header at the near post. Andros Townsend then got his first of the night and Spurs second to put us 2-0 up. Balotelli then got one back and set up a nervy last minutes before townsend netted again to guarantee our passage to the final !!

que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Wembley, que sera sera

View attachment 302657

Another game against Liverpool, this time in the league . . .

Tottenham 0 - 0 Liverpool

View attachment 302665

A poor game and an even worse game for the neutral. Neither team deserved the win! I'm sick of the sigt of Liverpool now after 3 games against them in the last 10 days. Most pleasingly is we finished unbeaten in all 3 against a very good side!

The worst news was a lengthy injury to Jan Vertonghen!

So at the end of January, we find ourselves 3rd in the league and on joint points with Man Utd in 3rd.

View attachment 302661

View attachment 302659

After beating Liverpool in the semi finals of the league cup, we were drawn against Man City in the final

View attachment 302658

The worst news of the month came straight after the Liverpool league game as it was confirmed Jan Vertonghen would be out for around 7 weeks . . .

View attachment 302653

I really feel for the lad as he's going to miss the biggest game the clubs played for years! The cup final !!

View attachment 302652

We also had some more injury news this month . . . .

View attachment 302648

Erik Lamela sustained an injury which will keep him out for 3 months ! This couldnt happen at a worst time for us with the cup final coming up and the form that Lamela was in. He was recently moved more central and probably became our best player during the last 4-5 weeks or so.

He too will miss the cup final.

The end of the month also brought a couple of other transfers . . .

Transfers in:

View attachment 302641

Samuel Umtiti signs on a free transfer from French side OL. Although the deal's been agreed now, Umtiti wont join the club until the summer when his contract expires. The 21 year old looks to have a good future ahead of him, he's been a regular for OL for the last season and a half.

View attachment 302646

Zakaria Bakkali is the final signing of the season, although also won't be joining untill the summer. Bakkali signs on a free transfer following his contract expiring in the summer with PSV. The 19 year old looks to be a really good prospect and is already a regular stater for PSV.

Transfers Out:

View attachment 302637

The fist outgoing transfer in this window is new signing DeAdre Yedlin being loaned to Championship side Blackburn. If I'm honest i cant really see a place in the team for Yedlin and I'll more than likely too for a full transfer in the summer.

View attachment 302636

The next departure was summer recruit Federico Bonazzoli who joins league 1 side Swindon. I still think Bonazzoli has a great career ahead of him at White Hart Lane but he isnt read yet!

The end of January also brought a couple of personal awards being handed out at White Hart Lane . . . .

View attachment 302634

Erik Lamela wins player of the month for January. This just makes his injury even more disappointing! Lamela was really starting to find his feet and put in some great performances during this month.

View attachment 302633

Glenn Hoddle also came third in the manager of the month award behind Arsen Wenger and Tony Pulis. Its safe to say the 4-0 loss to Man Utd lost us this award

Id say its a great season to date, cup final, 4th round of the fa cup and going strong in the league,
Fingers crossed the injuries dont cause to much damage to the last few months, will lamela play again this season??

Id say its a great season to date, cup final, 4th round of the fa cup and going strong in the league,
Fingers crossed the injuries dont cause to much damage to the last few months, will lamela play again this season??

Cheers mate! I'm really pleased with the season far too! My only concern is how many games we've played already, we've played 38 games already with a potential of 29 more games to play.

Lamela should just come back for the run in, think the should be back by mid April (ish).

Just dont rush him once he gets back, he could be huge for you in the last few games

Ive taken on this idea in my ipswich save, on a tighter scale i think, 10k max wage, £1m max per transfer including agent fee! Plus can only spend what i bring in!

February 2015.

After a cracking January (the Man Utd battering aside) we started February in good spirits with an away trip to bottom side Sunderland . . . .

Sunderland 0 - 2 Tottenham

View attachment 302526

A very good professional performance. Kevin Gameiro back to goal scoring form and bagged his 17th and 18 goal of the season. Cattermole's sending off in the second half gave Sunderland no chance of a comeback. Moore and Fazio defended well after replacing the injured Jan Vertonghen.

Next up was another tricky London derby against Chelsea . . . .

Chelsea 5 - 2 Tottenham

View attachment 302525
A total shocker !!

I didnt expect much out of Chelsea away but i expected much better than this ! The first 40 minutes weren't bad until Oscar opened the scoring on the 42nd, Schurrle then doubed the lead a minute later.

The second half was a total shambles. We couldnt cope with anything Chelsea offered! Schurrle and Remy then both scored about 30 seconds after one an other before Diego Costa finished the scoring. Erikson and Townsend scored 2 conciliation goals but it didnt mask a shocking performance.

Another London derby came next, this time at home to West Ham . . .

Tottenham 2 - 0 West Ham

View attachment 302523

We managed to out the Chelsea debacle behind us to put in a very good performance against London rivals West Ham. Andre Hahn opened the scoring with his first goal for the club before Townsend bagged the second. Townsend won man of the match with a goal and an assist.

After the west Ham win, our attentions turned to the FA cup . . .

Newcastle 3 - 4 Tottenham

View attachment 302520

A classic FA cup tie, both teams really going for it and not concentrating too much on the defensive side.

A real up and down tie for us, going 1-0 down then 2-1 down and Newcastle kept pegging us back until Danny Ings made sure we progressed to the next round by finishing off his hattrick. victory

We were rewarded with an away trip to Goodison Park in the next round to face in form Everton in the quarter final.
View attachment 302519

Next we have the much anticipated Europa League tie against German giants Borussia Dortmund . . .

Dortmund 0 - 2 Tottenham

View attachment 302518
What a result! A 2-0 win in the away leg really sets us up nicely. 2 goals from in form Kevin Gameiro who notches his 20th and 21st of the season! A very good performance from the back 4 but special mention has to go to Nabil Bentaleb making a rare start in central midfield. He started as i wanted to pack the midfield more and moved Erikson out wide.

What makes this result even better is Dortmund are 2nd in the German league and only 1 point behind leaders Bayern. Dortmund were also on a 7 game winning streak!

We now must put this result to the back of our mind and concentrate on the slightly less glamorous away trip to Hull . . .

Hull 1 - 1 Tottenham

View attachment 302517
Really disappointed with this, I guess it was a lot asking the same team who beat Dortmund just 3 days ago to perform again against Hull. We had chances to win but just couldnt find a way past the Hull back line.

And now back to the Europa League tie with Dortmund . . . .

Tottenham 3 - 2 Dortmund

View attachment 302512

What an unbelievable win! This actually feels like a Champions League night given the quality of the opposition.

An early goal from Kevin Gameiro puts us on our way to a historic night. Dortmund then levelled before Mousa Dembele scored the first of his two goals. His first was a wonderful counter attacking move which could have seen anyone score had the ball not found its way to Dembele. Dembele's second was just as good, although slightly different, Erikson set up Dembele 20 yards from goal who struck it beautifully into the far corner! 5-1.

Dortmund did get a late consolation through Kagawa but thats all it turned out to be.

Our reward for beating Dortmund was a tie with German side Mainz !
Mainz are currently struggling in the Bundasliga and find themselves 10th in the league and already out the German cup.

I really fancy our chances to progress here !

View attachment 302511

View attachment 302510

With just 2 wins out of 4 games in the league we fall a bit behind the top 2. Fortunately we maintained our 5th position but fall 6 points behind Man Utd 2nd, although we do have a game in hand.

View attachment 302509

Andros Townsend had yet another good month and got a mention in the player of the month award, coming 3rd.

View attachment 302506

We finish the month with some shocking injury news . . . .

View attachment 302504

Kevin Gameiro was ruled out for up to 3 months with effectively rules him out for the remainder of the season. We'll now have to rely solely on Danny Ings and Harry Kane.

Ive taken on this idea in my ipswich save, on a tighter scale i think, 10k max wage, £1m max per transfer including agent fee! Plus can only spend what i bring in!

Wow that is tight. Is that in the Premier League?
Good luck mate !

Ur top striker might be out for the rest of the season but how awesome would it be if the 2 young guns of English football (kane n ings) were to lead ur club to league and European glory.

Sounds good mate looks very enjoyable, so much that im going to start a save

Ur top striker might be out for the rest of the season but how awesome would it be if the 2 young guns of English football (kane n ings) were to lead ur club to league and European glory.

Would be really good mate, I think both players are the future of the club so hopefully they can come good sooner than expected!

Sounds good mate looks very enjoyable, so much that im going to start a save

Thanks mate :) Good luck with your save!

great story! where is that skin from? any chance of the link?

Thanks for this! I took your advice on Andre Hahn mate. Although i couldnt get the deal done before the transfer window shut! I'll bring him in in January though :)

Thanks mate!

No worries, He is someone I sign on every save where possible, even if I am not intending on using him, he is normally a great way of making profit.

Some great transfers though, good luck with the 1st season, will be interesting to see how the new look Spurs do!

great story! where is that skin from? any chance of the link?

Cheers mate, I'll try and post the link tonight Can't remember what it was called now. It was on steam somewhere :)

Great updates and a couple of class free signings!

Thanks for following mate

No worries, He is someone I sign on every save where possible, even if I am not intending on using him, he is normally a great way of making profit.

Some great transfers though, good luck with the 1st season, will be interesting to see how the new look Spurs do!

He's actually been pretty good, fighting it out with Townsend for the right wing spot. Cheers again.