New component playing higher up the field..

think I may have got it a little further up the field in comparison to the Barca ones above! God, using Barca is so easy :p anyone can make a good tactic with them :)

My last game out, I think alot of the passes (or alot more) are played higher up the pitch:

View attachment 199862View attachment 199863

think I may have got it a little further up the field in comparison to the Barca ones above! God, using Barca is so easy :p anyone can make a good tactic with them :)

My last game out, I think alot of the passes (or alot more) are played higher up the pitch:

View attachment 199862View attachment 199863

The biggest enigma for barca style is how to make most passes in oppositions half. And thats where ME isnt frendly, becouse players cant move, and swap positions, and open for recieving balls like in real life

Looks good Raikan, as you know i'm not a fan of downloading other peoples work but this..this looks impressive, also mate, if you get the chance read your pm.

---------- Post added 28/10/2011 at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was 27/10/2011 at 07:45 PM ----------

Just tried this tactic and my my, the outcome (possession wise) was unbelievable.

ScreenShot303.png

61% possession vs Barcelona, outstanding.
However obviously attacking wise, results weren't great, i may tweak some settings myself to improve that.

New formation new component...

latest formation which has moved the DM into the AMC position to assist in more passes up the field instead of playing it back to the keeper and centrebacks all the time! As you can see the amount of passes further up the field in comparison to the previous SS, Carrick and Anderson together have 221 passes between them with Anderson being the Amc, the scoreline does not do anything justice however as De Gea made a huge mistake :p whats new....

The cb's are not reall involved in the play nearly as much as they were and are in other tactics :) territorally most of the game was played in their half!

View attachment 200008View attachment 200009

the latest game as well:

View attachment 200010

I have made a little tweak to the striker to get into scoring positions more, will see how that goes :)

Hi Raikan,

when i see your ss with barca, i see that sergio busquets always have the most passes in the game... in RL Xavi is the passgenie... would changing the position with make a difference??

Hi Raikan,

when i see your ss with barca, i see that sergio busquets always have the most passes in the game... in RL Xavi is the passgenie... would changing the position with make a difference??
yoyo, as I said, its NOT a barca tactic nor does it try and resemble it in anyway... the Dm is the person who will see most of the ball.. I used Barca for like 2 games to see how it worked with them! The main team I used was Stade Rennes as you can see :) Yann M'Vila was the pass engine :)

the new one I am working on at the moment is the Cmr and the Amc are the main passers of the ball! you can put whoever you want to get the ball the most as the Dm in the link on the 1st page :)

582 passes, 2 CCC's and 75%

this was a good display vs a good team! I put the Amc/Dm into the 3rd Cm slot here but dropped him back to the Dm at half time! this is the original tactic that is downloaded from the OP, the AMC one was just a tester..

View attachment 200117View attachment 200118

Stil working on the amount of chances it creates, I went a little different here, created 5 CCC's, had 1 stupid goal let in from a mistake and the other was a good goal!

View attachment 200120

Will test this tactic with Pescara in Serie B when I get home from work :)

PS. Raikan, could you try to change the tactic from classic to modern or is to much work?

Last edited:
yoyo, as I said, its NOT a barca tactic nor does it try and resemble it in anyway... the Dm is the person who will see most of the ball.. I used Barca for like 2 games to see how it worked with them! The main team I used was Stade Rennes as you can see :) Yann M'Vila was the pass engine :)

the new one I am working on at the moment is the Cmr and the Amc are the main passers of the ball! you can put whoever you want to get the ball the most as the Dm in the link on the 1st page :)

yea i know :) but what i ment is would it be usefull to use xavi as dm ? in fifa 12 i use xavi as dm and iniesta + cesc as cm's, alexis right and villa left.. never lost a game with them :) and xavi is pass master !

Raikan, ive been using your tactic for a while and, i dont know wether it is overconfidence, but i am losing possession at home and away, do you have any pointers in order to gain the possession back, i have also tried shouts like retain possesion pass to feet etc

Last edited:
Good work on the tactics.
Re: gettings the passes further up the field, have you tried using your CMs or Wingers as your Playmaker? I can see this might work given your Wingers are more playmakers rather than Wingers. Maybe using your DM as an anchor man rather than deep lying playmaker may also make a difference, meaning he'll recycle possession once its lost, then look to play it to the Playmaker. Maybe that might take the focus off the DM as the main creative outlet, and get possession further up the field...??

Possession is great, only problem is the goal scoring, i'm trying to tweak this myself though.

I've just started as Rennes myself, gonna give this tactic a go! :)

M'Vila must be amazing with this tactic, though I'm considering selling him to build up funds.

about to give this ago with newcastle

will also tweek to attempt the Chances increase

100% COMPLETED :) WILL UPLOAD SS IN A BIT, JUST UPDATED OTHER THREADS AS WELL :) ENJOY!

PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETED TACTIC VIA THE LINK IN THE OP!

THANK YOU ALL

Good work on the tactics.
Re: gettings the passes further up the field, have you tried using your CMs or Wingers as your Playmaker? I can see this might work given your Wingers are more playmakers rather than Wingers. Maybe using your DM as an anchor man rather than deep lying playmaker may also make a difference, meaning he'll recycle possession once its lost, then look to play it to the Playmaker. Maybe that might take the focus off the DM as the main creative outlet, and get possession further up the field...??
hey mate :) its been completed! if you like you can download it as the complete version :) that was exaclty the next thing I had to work on (I mentioned this a few posts back) and I feel as though I have done it successfully :) check the SS in the OP :)

Possession is great, only problem is the goal scoring, i'm trying to tweak this myself though.
hey mate, yeah, I have completed it now :) its 100% awesome :)

I've just started as Rennes myself, gonna give this tactic a go! :)

M'Vila must be amazing with this tactic, though I'm considering selling him to build up funds.

I suggest downloading the new completed one via the OP mate :) hows it going so far? Dont sell him!

about to give this ago with newcastle

will also tweek to attempt the Chances increase

hey mate, Cabaye or Tiote should be perfect, donwload the newset version mate :) its complete