Stoke v Liverpool (1245 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 1-1 is a pretty good result. Stoke is a very hard place to go to and win a game so to get a point with no Gerrard, Torres and Yossi i think we did well.

Just gets worse for Liverpool, regardless of injuries they should be able to get 3 points at Stoke.

Not long for Rafa now.

No luck,but that isn't an excuse anymore, Kuyt should've scored wether it was a penalty or no.
Disability to defend from set-pieces AGAIN
Aquilani dosen't look anything like alonso was.
Gerrard out of form altogether
Leeds will be higher placed than us in five years.

ok i understand why liverpool fans want to stick by him, but i cant see how you can not defend conceding a late goal in any circumstances? theres nothing wrong with going all out defensive for the last few minutes

Prior to the game looking at our injuries I would have been very happy with a point. However looking at our position 5 minutes from time I am gutted that we didn't see it out. Kuyt doesn't look anything like he did last season, he would have scored that header 8 months ago, the man needs a rest of a few games. Although today I was delighted with how our players fought given the circumstances - In my opinion Krygiakos really surprised me today, I thought he was magnificent and also Lucas put in another very very good performance. Our second best player.

Prior to the game looking at our injuries I would have been very happy with a point. However looking at our position 5 minutes from time I am gutted that we didn't see it out. Kuyt doesn't look anything like he did last season, he would have scored that header 8 months ago, the man needs a rest of a few games. Although today I was delighted with how our players fought given the circumstances - In my opinion Krygiakos really surprised me today, I thought he was magnificent and also Lucas put in another very very good performance. Our second best player.

are you serious about lucas? i know people see things differently and hes not as bad as some people make him out to be. but he got knocked off the ball constantly by the stoke players, bashed around like a ping pong ball. hes not strong enough for that kind of game imo. Then there was the 'dive'. there was deffo contact but he was already well on the way down with a drogba/ronaldo-esque head flick and arched back. for me he was a passenger, esepecially in the second half.

Aquilani not starting again strange Rafa has gone mad i think

Aquilani played 120 minutes of football just over 48 hours ago, maybe Rafa has a little more insight into his fitness than you, no?

He was already going down before there was even contact so yes it was a dive.

Going down or not it was a penalty. The Reading player (forgot his name) was already going down before Yossi kicked his firmly planted heel yet that was a penalty.

Disability to defend from set-pieces AGAIN
Aquilani dosen't look anything like alonso was.

We defended 10+ corners fine, and countless long throw ins. One lapse and all of a sudden we can't defend them?

Aquilani was on the pitch for 10 minutes and barely had the ball so how you can say that is beyond me. When he did get it he was the one who started the move which led on to Kuyt's header. The more and more you post the more you remind me of the people on the 606 forums.

ok i understand why liverpool fans want to stick by him, but i cant see how you can not defend conceding a late goal in any circumstances? theres nothing wrong with going all out defensive for the last few minutes

The conceding late goals has to be some sort of psychological thing. We think we're going to concede so we get nervous and sit too deep, the opposition on the other hand know there's always a chance too score against us so keep going.

When last season it was the other way around, when our tails were up we kept going until the final whistle because we always knew we had a chance of scoring a late goal.

It's the zonal marking which strikes again.

/facepalm

In my opinion Krygiakos really surprised me today, I thought he was magnificent and also Lucas put in another very very good performance. Our second best player.

I agree, says a lot for the game really when he's being considered for man of the match. I thought Lucas started a little slowly but really grow into the game and kept things ticking over for us.

Mascerano was a bit anonymous though, but what do you expect when Stoke just completely bypass their midfield.

Why do you bother Lee, its not as if the United fans listen.

Why do you bother Lee, its not as if the United fans listen.

It's pointless even responding to them. It's like arguing with my cat, they're not worthy of a serious response.

lol.

Liverpool had something like 4 shots all game. Yes you have your best 2 players out but it is not good enough. I'm sorry but every week it's the same thing and it really doesn't look like changing. I don't think it can continuously be sugarcoated, yes Stoke is a hard place to go to but at the end of the day these are the games you need to win to finish in the top 4.

Poor result.

Aquilani played 120 minutes of football just over 48 hours ago, maybe Rafa has a little more insight into his fitness than you, no?

Going down or not it was a penalty. The Reading player (forgot his name) was already going down before Yossi kicked his firmly planted heel yet that was a penalty.

We defended 10+ corners fine, and countless long throw ins. One lapse and all of a sudden we can't defend them?

Aquilani was on the pitch for 10 minutes and barely had the ball so how you can say that is beyond me. When he did get it he was the one who started the move which led on to Kuyt's header. The more and more you post the more you remind me of the people on the 606 forums.

The conceding late goals has to be some sort of psychological thing. We think we're going to concede so we get nervous and sit too deep, the opposition on the other hand know there's always a chance too score against us so keep going.

When last season it was the other way around, when our tails were up we kept going until the final whistle because we always knew we had a chance of scoring a late goal.

/facepalm

I agree, says a lot for the game really when he's being considered for man of the match. I thought Lucas started a little slowly but really grow into the game and kept things ticking over for us.

Mascerano was a bit anonymous though, but what do you expect when Stoke just completely bypass their midfield.

to your first point,

aquallinis a pro footballer if he can play 210Minutes of football in 3 days. he is in the worng sport.

secound point,

i think it wasnt a penalty. but i didnt think it was for church on wednesday.

Third point, Liverpool arent very good from set pieces, they do conceded alot from there. just to say they defended 10+ isnt good enough. it only takes one to score.

4th point,

nothing worng with 606, also maybe he was talking about more then just todays performance.

5th point, havent watched football first yet, but did hear on Five live at work, lucas was poor in first half but improve in secound.

6th point

agree stoke is annoying for Defensive mids.

How the penalty wasn't given but yet again....TEAM SELECTIONS.....4....yes 4 Wing Backs and no Maxi or Alberto

It's pointless even responding to them. It's like arguing with my cat, they're not worthy of a serious response.

And Scousers are blinded by there love for rafa. he is like jesus in your eyes.

to your first point,

aquallinis a pro footballer if he can play 210Minutes of football in 3 days. he is in the worng sport.

secound point,

i think it wasnt a penalty. but i didnt think it was for church on wednesday.

Third point, Liverpool arent very good from set pieces, they do conceded alot from there. just to say they defended 10+ isnt good enough. it only takes one to score.

4th point,

nothing worng with 606, also maybe he was talking about more then just todays performance.

5th point, havent watched football first yet, but did hear on Five live at work, lucas was poor in first half but improve in secound.

6th point

agree stoke is annoying for Defensive mids.

1st point. Aquilani had been out injured for 7 points prior to November, new league, new culture, new team etc.. What do you expect.

2nd point. I did think it was a pen, there was contact and as Andy Gray said in commentary ''Lucas didn't have to jump over him'' Higginbotham went for the ball and missed it.

3rd point. We aren't very good at set-pieces but that isn't due to zonal marking system - I think it is because of a lack of height in the squad. Against a team like Stoke, this will show in the end.

4th point. I can't really comment on this - I have no opinion, good or bad, on 606. Although some of the United fans of the Liverpool board really annoy me.

5th point. I watched the game and I was impressed with Lucas tbh, he did a lot of closing down, he put in tackles, he was always willing to receive the ball.

6th point. Yeah I like Stoke as a team, not the way they play though.

Was a terrible game. Both sides shut up shop . I was impressed with the way Liverpool set up today. When you are lacking players and confidence going to a physical side like Stoke is the last thing you want but Liverpool matched and in cases beat them at there own game.

They maybe should have been more positive but that brings us back to the confidence thing. Well done to Stoke though, Lets not forgot what a big point this is for them.

How the penalty wasn't given but yet again....TEAM SELECTIONS.....4....yes 4 Wing Backs and no Maxi or Alberto
Just to let you know, Maxi wasn't available to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.