Stoke v Liverpool (1245 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im enjoying hearing '27000 people' over and over. nearly as good as 'the referee was perfect'

1st point. Aquilani had been out injured for 7 points prior to November, new league, new culture, new team etc.. What do you expect.

2nd point. I did think it was a pen, there was contact and as Andy Gray said in commentary ''Lucas didn't have to jump over him'' Higginbotham went for the ball and missed it.

3rd point. We aren't very good at set-pieces but that isn't due to zonal marking system - I think it is because of a lack of height in the squad. Against a team like Stoke, this will show in the end.

4th point. I can't really comment on this - I have no opinion, good or bad, on 606. Although some of the United fans of the Liverpool board really annoy me.

5th point. I watched the game and I was impressed with Lucas tbh, he did a lot of closing down, he put in tackles, he was always willing to receive the ball.

6th point. Yeah I like Stoke as a team, not the way they play though.

you have a small squad. 3 first teamers out, babel not playing. i would of expected aquallini playing to add some creative which was missing today.

as it has been sed, he was already going down, and andy grays an idoit.

it is just not stoke tht score against you. not every team is there height but still manage to score against you.

as i sed, i havent seen it yet, just going in wot i heard on five live, i could comment more on it later.

How the penalty wasn't given but yet again....TEAM SELECTIONS.....4....yes 4 Wing Backs and no Maxi or Alberto
louis your the biggest ****** moaner ever, for godsake i think the ref made the right decision, you werent good enough to win, period

btw....Everton are winning.......Just because a team didnt deserve to win doesnt mean they shouldn't get a penalty

I'd expect more from Liverpool but they didn't get a win a against Stoke last season if my memory serves me right, it seems that Stoke are very well set up side, they remind me of Bolton who defend for 80 minutes and then treat every set piece as a chance whether is a free kick in there half of the pitch or a throwing, the type of football these sides play isn't football, it is 'Hoof and Hope' football.

Kyrigiakos was awesome today for me and were lucky not to win at the end but i think it was a good result in the end

No matter what people say it was definitely a penalty, he was on the way down but before he was on the ground he got fouled, that means it is a penalty. Same situation as Rooney against Arsenal earlier this season. Liverpool deserved the win i think, they defended excellently and Reina was once again commanding at the back. Liverpool just need to start believing that they are going to finish the game without conceding, if they do that then they will be fine.

It's pointless even responding to them. It's like arguing with my cat, they're not worthy of a serious response.
:O why do people always say that:'( As if all the man united fans in the world are exactly the same.:'(

More dropped points from liverpool.:D

I hate this penalty excuse, it happens every week but if it happens to a team like Liverpool or Manchester United, it is moaned and groaned about for the whole week, why can't they just get on with it like other teams, I am disappointed when Fulham don't get a penalty but at the end of the day, referee's are only human. There have been plenty of times where Liverpool have been rewarded with penalties when they shouldn't of so I think you should get on with it.

I don't think Liverpool deserved to win at all. A point was fair. They had 3 shots all game that does not merit a win by any means.

:O why do people always say that:'( As if all the man united fans in the world are exactly the same.:'(

Not aimed at you Anderson :wub:, just some Utd fans.

Dont worry anderson, me and you know wot it boils down too.

consider the following events

ngogs dive v birmingham
lucas penalty which im 75% sure should have been given today

and all i can say is what goes around, comes around.

Not aimed at you Anderson :wub:, just some Utd fans.

It does get annoying people thinking all United fans are the same, some of us are not total idiots and are not completely biased.

It does get annoying people thinking all United fans are the same, some of us are not total idiots and are not completely biased.

Apologies to the Utd fans who aren't incredibly bias - Andid, Anderson

I don't think Liverpool deserved to win at all. A point was fair. They had 3 shots all game that does not merit a win by any means.

didnt deserve to win how do you work that out? PENO TO EVERTON

Wow, another (What I see it as) poor result. I keep thinking it's going to turn around for Liverpool but I really don't know when to be honest.

Even with their 3 best (IMO) outfield players this season out injured, they are one of the Big 4 and should be winning this, even though cockups do happen, they can't be this frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.