TRANSFER NEWS:

IN:

View attachment 449795

Alexey Sychkov from BATE - Season Loan

OUT:

Ivan Mikhnovets to Angusht - Season Loan

Anton Kuratnik to Dinamo Minsk - Season Loan

MONTHLY REVIEW:

We have been superb of late and though we started off the month with a loss, I can't be too hard on the players. Our recent run of form has propelled us to 3rd in the league and 1 point off top spot. I've strengthened our left back position bringing in Alexey Sychov, who will be first choice once he is match fit.

Last edited:
AUGUST '13

cl_200_vln.gif

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 3rd August 2013
Polesie - Att: 823

GRANIT (3 - 4) PINSK
Korolyuk 10', 11', 21', Narozhnik 16'

View attachment 449363

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Wednesday 7th August 2013
S.O.K - Att: 414

SKVICh (0 - 0) PINSK

View attachment 449362

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 10th August 2013
Volna - Att: 2,380

PINSK (2 - 2) SMORGAN
Tsyvilko 21', Chudnovsky 57'

View attachment 449358

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 17th August 2013
Volna - Att: 2,365

PINSK (3 - 0) POLATSK
Glushankov 2', Pen 40', 54'

View attachment 449357

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Wednesday 28th August 2013
Torpedo - Att: 153

MINSK-2 (0 - 5) PINSK
Fastov Pen 5', Pen 45', Repetskiy 22', Korolyuk 56', 64'

View attachment 449355

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 31st August 2013
Volna - Att: 2,737

PINSK (1 - 1) SLONIM
Korolyuk 77'

View attachment 449346

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 449345

INJURY NEWS:

Pavel Roschin - Twisted Knee(3 weeks)

TRANSFER NEWS:

IN:

View attachment 449341

Vladimir Zhurov - 3 month loan

TAKEOVER NEWS:

View attachment 449340

I received news that our chairman is keen to sell the club, with a local businessman keen on buying the club in the near future.

MONTHLY REVIEW:

Our superb form continued as we remain unbeaten for the month, as we closed the gap on the top team by 3 points. This month also saw me change our formation to 4231, which has seen us keep our consistancy and still produce some very good results, with Yuriy Korolyuk being in superb form and lethal in front of goal.

Last edited:
Always good to see people managing in obscures leagues, good luck and good start!

SEPTEMBER '13

cl_200_vln.gif

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 14th September 2013
Volna - Att: 2,747

PINSK (3 - 0) VEDRICH RECHITSA
Korolyuk 3', 30', 44'

View attachment 449324

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday September 21st 2013
C.S.K Vitsyabski - Att: 4,546

VITEBSK (0 - 0) PINSK

View attachment 449323

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 28th September 2013
Volna - Att: 2,259

PINSK (1 - 0) ISLOCH
Korolyuk 55'

View attachment 449321

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 449320

TRANSFER NEWS:

BID REJECTED:

View attachment 449319

We received a bid of 22k for our young centre back Iliya Tsyvilko from Rotor Volgograd, who currently play in the Russian First Division, but I rejected the offer straight away as he is an indispensable player to the team and the offer was far too low.

TAKEOVER NEWS:

View attachment 449318

So it looks like we could have a new owner in the next couple of weeks, as a transfer embargo was placed on us, while the takeover deal was finalised.

MONTHLY REVIEW:

We took 5 points from a possible 9 points, which keeps our unbeaten run going, but it meant we blew a chance to go top. Going into the last couple months of the season and we are well placed to continue our challenge for 1st place and with the squad now comfortable playing two different formations, it will put us in good shape to mount a shock promotion challenge.

View attachment 449317

Yuriy Korolyuk continued his unbelievable goal scoring streak, scoring 4 goals in 3 games.

Last edited:
Always good to see people managing in obscures leagues, good luck and good start!

Cheers buddy, yeah fancied starting somewhere not many people have and am thoroughly enjoying starting in an unknown country. Just posted next couple of updates. :)

Doing well mate. I'm following.

Thanks mate, yeah never thought I'd be challenging when I started with them, but the players have taken to my formations and have surprised me loads. Korolyuk is on fire at the moment!! :D

Really interested to follow this throughout Europe...

Can we get some formation and team selection and playing style info, so we can see how you change/adapt to new countries and higher challenges as the story goes on? As well as seeing if you stick to your formation and philosophies as a manager and take players with you on the move, who know your system, and/or eventually lose as you get higher league challenges etc?

Last edited:
Really interested to follow this throughout Europe...

Can we get some formation and team selection and playing style info, so we can see how you change/adapt to new countries and higher challenges as the story goes on? As well as seeing if you stick to your formation and philosophies as a manager and take players with you on the move, who know your system, and/or eventually lose as you get higher league challenges etc?

Yeah sure, am looking to do a season review with formations used, young player and player of the season, best 11 etc. Also, at the end of every match result, the screenshot shows formation used and match stats. :). Hope that sounds ok mate? Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying.

OCTOBER '13

cl_200_vln.gif

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Wednesday 2nd October 2013
DyuSSh-1 - Att: 731

BERYOZA (1 - 1) PINSK
Narozhnik 19', Fastov Missed Pen 81'

View attachment 449267

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 5th October 2013
Volna - Att: 2,384

PINSK (2 - 2) GORODEYA
Narozhnik 10', Korolyuk 61'

View attachment 449265

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 19th October 2013
F.O.K. Oktyabrski - Att: 438

SMOLEVICHI (0 - 3) PINSK
Tsyvilko 26', Rogovik 40', Glushankov 44'

View attachment 449261

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 26th October 2013
GSK Lida - Att: 807

LIDA (0 - 1) PINSK
Korolyuk 61'

View attachment 449258

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 449257

INJURY NEWS:

Iliya Tsyvilko - Ankle Ligaments(5 weeks)

TAKEOVER NEWS:

View attachment 449256

The proposed takeover by a local businessman collapsed, which was a shame as there could've been some much needed finance pumped into the club, especially with us having a shot of playing in a higher division next season.

MONTHLY REVIEW:

Another unbeaten month, but it should've been a 100% win record. We missed a penalty against Beryoza and conceded in the 90th minute versus Gorodeya, which I hope don't come back to haunt us at the end of the season. On a positive we went top, as Smorgon slipped up, and we hold a 2 point lead going into the final 3 games.
We were however dealt a huge blow when Tsyvilko was ruled out for the reminder of the season and with no recognised centre back in the squad, I had no option but to play our back up right back, Pavel Batiushko alongside Dmitriy Rogovik.

Last edited:
NOVEMBER '13

cl_200_vln.gif

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 2nd November 2013
Bumazhnik - Att: 4,613

KHIMIK SVETLOGORSK (1 - 2) PINSK
Narozhnik 13', Korolyuk 45'

View attachment 449003

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Saturday 9th November 2013
Volna - Att: 2,349

PINSK (3 - 1) SLUTSK
Miroshkin 16', Korolyuk 35', 55'

View attachment 449002

BELARUSIAN FIRST LEAGUE
Monday 18th November 2013
Volna - Att: 2,975

PINSK (1 - 0) GRANIT
Chudnovsky 60'

View attachment 449001

LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 449000

CHAMPIONS!!!
(Trophy added on Page 1)

INJURY NEWS:

Nikolay Fastov - Twisted Knee(3 weeks)

Vasiliy Glushankov - Groin Strain(3 weeks)

CONTRACT NEWS:

I have put pen to paper on a new 1 year contract extension and am looking forward to testing my management skills in the Belarusian Highest League against superior opposition next season.

Leading goalscorer Yuriy Korolyuk has signed a new 1 year contract extension until December 2015.

Iliya Tsyvilko rejected the deal offered to him, but still has 1 year left on his remaining contract.

AWARD NEWS:

View attachment 448633

I picked up the Manager of the Month award for November.

MONTHLY REVIEW:

I can't quite actually believe we've won the league and in all honesty at relative ease too. Considering the media predicted we would be facing a relegation battle this season, to defy all the odds and lead the team to being crowned champions is a superb effort by all the squad.
I will be looking at renewing the contracts of some of our key players before we head into the new campaign, as a few only have a year remaining on their current deals.

Last edited:
Well done mate, so onto pastures new next season or are you staying with this team? :)

Well done mate, so onto pastures new next season or are you staying with this team? :)

Cheers mate, well I've signed a new contract for another season and there aren't many interesting jobs available, so will stick it out at Pinsk for the time being and see how I do in the top division, then maybe an offer may come along to tempt me away! :)

Last edited:
END OF SEASON REVIEW

cl_200_vln.gif

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 448713

CONTRACT NEWS:

Nikolay Fastov - 3 year contract extension until 2016

Iliya Tsyvilko - 2 year contract extension until 2015

Igor Narozhnik - 2 year contract extension until 2015

FINANCIAL NEWS:

View attachment 448712

Since winning the First League, our finances are in much better shape, especially with the help of a new kit sponsorship. Hopefully our projected balance will continue to improve over the coming season.

AWARDS:

BEST ELEVEN:

View attachment 448711

MANAGER'S PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

View attachment 448710

Iliya Tsyvilko - An easy winner for me this season. He has been exceptional throughout the year, not only putting in some sublime performances in the heart of our defence, but also popping up with crucial goals in a few games. His displays have not gone unnoticed, as I'm starting to receive bids from clubs in the Belarusian Highest League and also from the top league in Russia, but I'll be declining all offers, as he will again be vital to our objectives in the new season.

FAN'S PLAYER OF THE YEAR:

View attachment 448707

Yuriy Korolyuk - Hardly surprising the fans voted for the league's leading goalscorer and our main threat in front of the opposition's goal. Yuriy thoroughly deserves the award and myself, like the fans, will be hoping he can repeat his scoring form in a higher division.

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON
(SEASON 2)

cl_200_vln.gif

CONTRACT: Expires Dec '14
SEASON EXPECTATIONS: Avoid relegation

FRIENDLIES:

Saturday 8th March 2014
G.O.S.K Brestskiy - Att: 1,377

DINAMO BREST (0 - 0) PINSK

View attachment 448641

Wednesday 12th March 2014
Gorodskoy - Att: 431

ZHLOBIN (0 - 2) PINSK
Rogovik 34', Saito 86'

View attachment 448640

Saturday 15th March 2014
Volna - Att: 1,042

PINSK (1 - 1) SHAKHTER SOLIGORSK
Korolyuk 85'

View attachment 448639

TRANSFER NEWS:

IN:

View attachment 448638View attachment 448637

Darius Miceika - Free Transfer

Yosuke Saito - Free Transfer

OUT:

Aliaksandr Repetskiy - Released

TAKEOVER NEWS:

View attachment 448636

We were the subject of another failed takeover bid, this time the interested party didn't have enough funds to complete the deal. On a personal note, I'm disappointed that the chairman is looking to sell the club, especially as he's given no indication to me of his willingness to leave.

JOB OFFER:

View attachment 448635

I received an offer to attend an interview with the chairman of Kiryat-Shmona in the Israeli Premier Division, which I've decided to attend, so I can find out what's on offer and if I feel it worth taking to help further my career.

Last edited:
APRIL '14

images

KIRYAT-SHMONA - 1 year contract
ISRAELI PREMIER LEAGUE

NEW JOB:

View attachment 448379

So after winning my first trophy I felt I deserved the chance to have a look around for any potential vacancies, that may tempt me away from Belarus. Although I started pre-season and made a couple signings to strengthen the Pinsk squad, I couldn't see any team in the Belarusian Highest League being able to stop BATE Borisov winning the league anytime soon. So once I noticed Kiryat-Shmona were looking for a new manager I decided to apply and after a successful interview I was offered the opportunity to take charge.

MEET THE TEAM:

View attachment 448375View attachment 448373View attachment 448372View attachment 448371

It didn't take me long to accept the offer from the chairman, especially comparing the squad I had at Pinsk, with what I will be working with here, it was a no-brainer to decide to come and further my career in Israel and a higher standard of football.
The finances are a little worrying, which unfortunately you don't get to see until you get appointed, but that can easily be sorted with some player sales and success on the pitch.

View attachment 448368View attachment 448367

The club won the Premier Division in 2012, so the expectations will be high for me to deliver some success at the earliest opportunity. The team are currently languishing in a disappointing 7th place and with 5 games left of the current season it will give me some time to plan ahead for next season and ensure we are challenging at the top of the table.

THE SQUAD:

View attachment 448365

The squad looks very good at the moment and with a few new additions in the close season, I feel we can meet the expectations of the board and challenge for a place in Europe next season and look to build a competitive side.

KEY PLAYERS:

View attachment 448345View attachment 448348View attachment 448347View attachment 448346

Shir Tzedek - I feel it's always important to have a strong defence and Shir will definately be a key player at the heart of the defence.

Adrian Rochet - Wanted by Maccabi Tel-Aviv, so that should tell us Adrian is a top player and one I'll be hoping to keep at the club and expect him to be an integral part of my midfield.

Ahmed Abed - A talented wide player, who on his day can be a match winner and someone who will get the crowd on their feet with excitement.

David Manga - Another exciting player in the ranks and someone who will bring flair and creativity to the wide positions.

STAFF:

View attachment 448341

The old management team left when Barak Bachar was sacked, so I was left to bring in my own staff. I was contemplating on bringing one or two staff from Pinsk, but have decided to stick with coaches from Israel to help me settle quicker and also to make sure we get the best out of the players on the training pitch as soon as possible.

FORMATIONS:

View attachment 448338View attachment 448337

4231 - This will be my main formation I'll be looking to apply straight away and one that the current squad seem quite comfortable playing. I will still need the players to work hard in training to get used to the the roles and responsibilities I expect in this formation, but hope that they will become very familiar with them over the next couple of months.

4141 - Although this is the style of play I used more frequently in Belarus with Pinsk, some players of the current squad need to work on certain roles before I'll be confident of using it, which may result in me looking at bringing in a couple of players who I've worked with at Pinsk, to make sure I have the right types of players for each formation.

Interesting choice mate, nice to see you mixing it up! I'll be checking back on your progress in Israel with interest.

END OF SEASON REVIEW

images

My second end of season within a matter of months, as I finished off the last 5 games of the current campaign and with nothing to gain or lose, it gave me the perfect opportunity to see who would be good enough for my squad and what areas I need to strengthen in the close season.

ISRAELI PREMIER DIVISION
Saturday 5th April 2014
Ya'acov Grundman Stadium - Att: 1,685

RAMAT HASHARON (1 - 2) KIRYAT-SHMONA
Manga 16', Mare Pen 86'

View attachment 448106

ISRAELI PREMIER DIVISION
Sunday 13th April 2014
Municipal Stadium - Att: 1,625

KIRYAT-SHMONA (1 - 1) BNEI YEHUDA
Mare Pen 63'

View attachment 448103

ISRAELI PREMIER DIVISION
Saturday 26th April 2014
Municipal Stadium - Att: 1,504

KIRYAT-SHMONA (0 - 0) M.PETACH-TIKVA

View attachment 448100

ISRAEL PREMIER DIVISION
Monday 5th May 2014
Doha - Att: 3,453

BNEI SAKHNIN (0 - 1) KIRYAT-SHMONA
Rochet 26'

View attachment 448097

ISRAELI PREMIER DIVISION
Saturday 17th May 2014
Municipal Stadium - Att: 1,458

KIRYAT-SHMONA (2 - 1) H.RA'ANANA
Manga 22', Own Goal 34'

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE:

View attachment 448093

MATCHES:

We remained unbeaten for the remaining few matches and I was able to cast my eye over the majority of the squad. Overall I was pretty impressed with what I saw and was happy with how the squad played in my prefered formation of 4231.

AWARD NEWS:

View attachment 448086

A nice surprise to pick up the fair play award, which is rewarded to the team who has the best dicipline record over the season. I will be expecting the players to maintain this during my reign at the club.

TRANSFER NEWS:

OUT:

Yehuda Huta to H.Haifa - 30k

Moshe Abutbul to Ahi Nazereth - 25k

Ahmed Abed to Caykur Rizespor - 500k

After watching Ahmed in the competitive games, I felt this offer was too good to turn down and I was personally a little disappointed in the performances he put in, so am happy to let him move on.

24 players released on free transfers.

SUMMARY:

Generally I'm very happy with how things have gone in my first couple of months in Israel, but the board seem to have other thoughts, as I've been told my job is insecure and they feel I should be performing better in my role!
Hopefully I will be given the time to show that the chairman made the right decision in appointing me and allow me to rebuild the squad, so we can challenge for a European place in the coming season.

Interesting choice mate, nice to see you mixing it up! I'll be checking back on your progress in Israel with interest.

Yeah, I'd never heard of them until I saw they needed a new manager and they were expected to finish in the top 4! So thought I'd give it a shot and see if I can get them qualified for Europe. :D

Yeah, I'd never heard of them until I saw they needed a new manager and they were expected to finish in the top 4! So thought I'd give it a shot and see if I can get them qualified for Europe. :D

Nice one, looks like you have good balance between your two tactics as well! If anybody can get them into Europe it's you:p

Status
Not open for further replies.