Sunderland pay £13m to sign Gyan

am off guys have ran out off things to say about gyan best get off before a get some more warnings were the the threads were ye can talk about anything about footy

am off guys have ran out off things to say about gyan best get off before a get some more warnings were the the threads were ye can talk about anything about footy
There's threads on loads of different stuff mate, check the football section.

14 goals in 44 games for Rennes , Dont know what to make of that as the French league is not the standard of the Premiership

doesnt sound promising that 14 in 44 in the french league he'll get 7 in 38 this season put ye money on it

doesnt sound promising that 14 in 44 in the french league he'll get 7 in 38 this season put ye money on it

That's ***** for a player that costs 13 million!

Bent cost less and will most probably score more than double that!

Anyone else think him and Bent will form a great partnership, both great finishers, quick and skillfull, a handfull for most defense's I think

Legend. :wub:

Anyone else think him and Bent will form a great partnership, both great finishers, quick and skillfull, a handfull for most defense's I think

I agree. Maybe bit of a Bobby Zamora type player then? If he doesn't score much, he found the net plenty of times in SA though, more times than the whole of the England squad.. Except actually, apparently he was one of the top scorers in Ligue 1 last season. Or like Kenwyne Jones, i already mentioned this, but no one picked up on it..

FIFA.com said:
Gyan has always had all the assets to be a major star of the future, combining pace with a deadly touch in the penalty area. He is typical of solid west African strikers, with super power in his legs that give his shots explosive acceleration, upper body strength to hassle defenders and a good spring to produce effective combat in the air as well.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/players/player=208353/profile.html

EDIT: His shots scored to shots taken ratio in SA is abysmal:
3 goals in 33 shots...so on average he takes 11 shots before he gets a goal oO)
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/statistics/players/player=208353/index.html

Last edited:
Lets hope he does well....have a bad feeling he will flop though

Awesome

Sunderland break their transfer record to sign Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan from Rennes for a fee "in excess of £13m".

More...

i think he wil be fantastic.then the best thing that can happen 2 any new signing,especialy of his pedigree, is to have the person playing ur position out injured.
I think he wil pick up wel like oda african strikers in the epl.
All he needs is jus a short time!

Loic Remy went for a similar price reportedly and is definitely the better player from the handful of occasions I've seen either play in Ligue1.

i think he wil be fantastic.then the best thing that can happen 2 any new signing,especialy of his pedigree, is to have the person playing ur position out injured.
I think he wil pick up wel like oda african strikers in the epl.
All he needs is jus a short time!

Manucho?

You just mean Drog.

in the older Fm's he had alot of potential, think he was at Udinese if im not mistaken!
Glad to see him in the Premier League, not that overpriced considering his good WC showing!
I hope he can do it for Sunderland, maybe about 4 million too much, but the prices are inflated thanks man ****** and Real Madrid, so in the end, a good signing i feel!

Quite happy to see him scoring against Wigan already. 1-1 still :(

Good start for the lad. :)

nice goal againest Wigan yesterday . Hope has a good season:)