Techniques to find World Class Regens.

I've bought some terrific regens on my game. They're starting to cost loads now though :(

on my game racing have produced like 10 or so regens which have been picked up by big clubs :S

Barcelona, Racing, Fiorentina, Roma, Inter are the usual suspects for hogging the 16 year olds XD

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

grrrrrrrrrr, i hope you Genie Scout users are happy. You've convinced me to use it now. I will only find a few players ^.^ then go back to normal :)

I didnt think Genie Scout worked with the new update?!

anyway I dont use it so thanks FFT for the guide :)

I didnt think Genie Scout worked with the new update?!

anyway I dont use it so thanks FFT for the guide :)

FFT. What a gangster name. ;)
I might try it now. Not sure. (A)

Good guide mate. May have to use it until genie scout update happens. Tried to get some regens but they all got snapped up by the big clubs :/ So often the case in real life too ;)

I found a good way of knowing if a player is a regen with out openening there profile. If you do it the U21/20/19 way, if you turn on ID numbers in preferences, the ID numbers of regens are alot longer than that of the origional players, making it easier to spot if a player is a regen or not. :)

I found a good way of knowing if a player is a regen with out openening there profile. If you do it the U21/20/19 way, if you turn on ID numbers in preferences, the ID numbers of regens are alot longer than that of the origional players, making it easier to spot if a player is a regen or not. :)

Good idea :)

It should also be mentioned that you should just pester your board to improve the youth facilities until they are world class.
Beats looking for quality regens if they appear right in your backyard.

Also, mega-scouting is key.
I usually have as many scouts as my board allows, a decent one to do the usual "scout next opposition" etc stuff, and my star scout on call, and the rest are ALL out there scouting a region.

I generally set it to either youth teams in "big" countries, or set an age limit in others.
Whenever I find someone that shows promise I get my star scout to give me a proper report on them.

Sure, the "sort by value" works mostly, BUT:
they are usually at big clubs, whih means a lot of that value comes from the club reputation, not necessarily the player himself, and they can be really pricey. If I scout Oceania, Asia or Africa, the yield might not be as great, but I do tend to find quite a few quality players that can literally be bought for wet handshake...

that is the most sensible way to look for regens, thats what most people do i feel.
there are many many regens that are nowhere near the 1 million mark so i say dont use that part of it, i am after a regen now that is only valued at 300k and offered 555k plus 10% sell on and he has potential to be as good as my best striker which is Adrian and Deportivo and Chelsea are offering 25 million plus for him at the moment.

so there are many ways, the way i find players and normal players is just good old plain looking in teams, one thing to remember also when looking for regens or wonderkids that is "normally" (not all the time) his technique attribute! if above say 13 or so, check him out!

other than that, i would suggest scouting as well, filter scout to max age 18 or so, depending what year you are in in the game and search!

yeah the 1M thing isn't a good idea as I have signed/seen other teams sign very talented regens with valuations a fair bit under 1M.

is there a way to automatically add players to a short list after you've scouted them??

or you can get your scouts to scout u18 competitions

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

You obviously haven't looked into the German and French U-18 year olds.. Regens are created straight away. Theres bound to be a good one.. oO)

A few players do turn out pretty well. But then you can find Regens that have the skill of a 28 year old at age 17. :$
you cant purchase german national team players

A: make sure you have a nice scouting knowledge;
B: filter it with all the stats and ask the results to match something like 15 out of 47 stats possible;
C: order the results for age

This way, it wont really matter whether he is highly valued or not. The better is your knowledge, the more players you'll find.

who did you manage to find?

here is one guy I found just using a few of my techniques. He was on my old save, but still.. My favourite player ever, in the whole of football manager.. Ales Chaloupka, Central Defender.

Personally, on new season day (Think it's normally 30th June or something) when all the new regens are created and put into youth teams, I just spend a while trauling through all the other teams U18 squads, but that only really works for teams' whose leagues you have loaded, other than that, Brazil/Argentina U20.

Typically enough though, the best regen came from Ukraine so I never spotted him so I had to fork out 8 million when he was 19, still, totally worth it now though ...

regen

right i play fm constantly and i dont wont to sound like a mong but what the **** is a regen its the 1st time iv heard of it