The 21st Century Legends Tactic Testing League (Back by Popular Demand)

What are the most commonly faced default tactics

• Total voters
currently testing new database with 6 completely equal teams with the legends competing against the 5 most commonly faced default tactics.

I think this test show us that we can use Danilo for attack and Callamity for defence...

As we look at both tactics,

* Both very fluid.
* Generally same team instructions. But Danilo have more tempo and attack power, Callamity more cautious,lower tempo and solid in defence.
* If one of your strikers and your amc in Danilo can be used as a winger; formations can easily set-up for each other.

So i will start a new game. And in my 3 tactics slot i prefer,

* Danilo
* Callamity
* Veez

I will start with Danilo. If i need to relax and be solid i will change to Callamity.

In hard matches i will start with Callamity. If i need a goal than i will change to Danilo...

Veez my 3. option for strikerless version. It can be instead of Danilo for some games. Also its much more easier to change formation Callamity...

What do you think?!?

CA/PA of the teams you test against should be varying, cause some tactics are based on counter attacking, others on possession etc etc. A lot of tactics are great against good opposition, but has problems when teams park the bus and go long balls. If all teams you play against are around the same quality, they will all play pretty much equal. The formation isn't what's most important.
Perhaps you could try to put the legends team in a natural environment, a normal league? So that it will face teams of various strength. Me, Andrichband and Dbotiger are testing in England, perhaps you could test in another big league? Like Spain, Italy etc? Or maybe combine teams from the big leagues? An awesome idea: Take one big team, one middle team and one lower team from the big leagues in the world, and put them together in one league. Now THAT would be a great testing environment I think :) I wish I had the skills to make such a database myself :p

CA/PA of the teams you test against should be varying, cause some tactics are based on counter attacking, others on possession etc etc. A lot of tactics are great against good opposition, but has problems when teams park the bus and go long balls. If all teams you play against are around the same quality, they will all play pretty much equal. The formation isn't what's most important.
Perhaps you could try to put the legends team in a natural environment, a normal league? So that it will face teams of various strength. Me, Andrichband and Dbotiger are testing in England, perhaps you could test in another big league? Like Spain, Italy etc? Or maybe combine teams from the big leagues? An awesome idea: Take one big team, one middle team and one lower team from the big leagues in the world, and put them together in one league. Now THAT would be a great testing environment I think :) I wish I had the skills to make such a database myself :p

The problem is that it will never be a 'perfect' test. The way you suggest is a good idea but will have flaws to.. Cause for example he will then face a strong opponent in a 4-4-2 and not a weak one in that formation or a weak one in the 4-2-3-1 formation and a strong one too.
So it will both have some strong but also weak points.
I hope i explained it good cause English isn't my main language :)

EDIT: I know you said that the tactic isn't the most important. But it will give a another view on the tactics to. But I love what you do to Langvatn

The problem is that it will never be a 'perfect' test. The way you suggest is a good idea but will have flaws to.. Cause for example he will then face a strong opponent in a 4-4-2 and not a weak one in that formation or a weak one in the 4-2-3-1 formation and a strong one too.
So it will both have some strong but also weak points.
I hope i explained it good cause English isn't my main language :)

EDIT: I know you said that the tactic isn't the most important. But it will give a another view on the tactics to. But I love what you do to Langvatn

True that it's not possible to do "the perfect test", but it's possible to make a good test. However, most important of all this year is to have enough matches, as the random factor has never been bigger than in this years FM. So it's a good thing this test now has 50 matches. Preferably, this number should be as high as possible to rule out RNG. But I understand that a limit of 50 is necessary when there is only one person testing. Otherwise, it would be too time consuming.

If one is to come close to "the perfect test", the league should have like 50 teams, with different CA/PA, and each different CA/PA with each of these 5 formations. In such as test, it is necessary to "freeze" fitness to 100% with FMRTE, cause there will be many many matches per week.

If I had the skills to make a database like that, I would. And this task is too big to ask from anyone.

been working on a new database featuring 6 all-star teams from the league's they represent.

True that it's not possible to do "the perfect test", but it's possible to make a good test. However, most important of all this year is to have enough matches, as the random factor has never been bigger than in this years FM. So it's a good thing this test now has 50 matches. Preferably, this number should be as high as possible to rule out RNG. But I understand that a limit of 50 is necessary when there is only one person testing. Otherwise, it would be too time consuming.

If one is to come close to "the perfect test", the league should have like 50 teams, with different CA/PA, and each different CA/PA with each of these 5 formations. In such as test, it is necessary to "freeze" fitness to 100% with FMRTE, cause there will be many many matches per week.

If I had the skills to make a database like that, I would. And this task is too big to ask from anyone.
I agree that having as many teams to play against as possible would be ideal but the processing for these matches would take far too long.

I agree that having as many teams to play against as possible would be ideal but the processing for these matches would take far too long.

Yup, that's why it's impossible to ever do "the perfect test" as a solo tester. It would require a team of many testers that work together through an instant communication channel.

In Danilo tactic, he has 2 CB's on challenge keeper in the attacking set pieces, how do you do this on FM14?

NVM figured it out :D

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...striker-25-goals-post2167732.html#post2167732

Decided to test my updated tactic using Will's tacting testing (legends)database and method which he shared before closing the initial Thread. So here are the results in detail.

Finished 6th, 96pnts 137GS 71GC +66GD

Needless to say i knew the tactic wasnt the best in defence and tactic used use Wingplay V2 and not Deep(the more defensive). Still 137 scored is a big result. All matches in instant result with no gameplan.

I was not satisfied with the results so decided to investigate the matches where i dropped points. With 9 draws and 12 losses they were 21 matches where the team dropped points. Half of them seemed resonable where the game was evenly contested or dominated by the other team but 10 fixture results, well lets just say when FM decides to F**k you theres nothing you can do.

The test seemed very much dependent on morale. Cuz i noticed the team go on a big win streak when on superb morale and then fall apart after 1 loss. And something i mentioned earlier that this legends team is very shorthanded in terms of wingers, so not much rotation was done on wingers and they were forced to play with low conditioning. Figo ended up paying 47/50 and i would say 30% of those matches his conditioning was less than 85%.

Its a fairly long post but I hope u guys enjoy it.

Made a mistake in the previous test as i kept the contract negotiations fr manager only, so all the players were only on youth contracts. Fixed this to director responsibility and did the test again. I felt that the contract level and happiness influenced the performance of players. And changed one thing that is removed set OIs by Assistant since tactic has pre-set OIs. The results this time were more than impressive. Still 2-3 FM glitched games but the end result was terrific and a true showing of what the tactic is capable of. And if your not impressed by these results than i give up.

Goals scored is consistent with last save bettered by only 1, but a huge deference in goals conceded and points tally. The team was more confident and much better in defense. 122 points with a GD of +99, that just blows the previous test out.

What does GfC and CfC stand for? (Its in the 2nd leaderboard of the OP)