How Long Till I get East Stirling to the SPL with only youth players?

• 3 (Minimum)

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 4 - 8

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • 8-12

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • +12

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First things first I did decide to use the rule I decided on in which I can sign players 20 or under :) Sorry if this wastes the story for anyone but I don't see why it should. So then, the transfers :D

Transfers:

View attachment 448362

View attachment 448356View attachment 448357View attachment 448358View attachment 448359
View attachment 448360View attachment 448361

Solid transfers, I'm sure I could make a solid mark on this league, and sneak a mid table finish, and maybe even a playoff spot ;)

Friendlies weren't exciting, only used them to get my tactics familiarality higher

rView attachment 448353

1 more thing. WHY THE **** ARE DORTMUND PLAYING VALE OF LEITHEN?

?View attachment 448351

Mid season update to come.​

View attachment 448091

Yeah, you saw that right. We went on a twelve game win streak. (Then we started to play sh*t.) Anyway this is the halfway point update and now I feel like we have the chance to win the league or at least get playoffs. Here's the league table.

View attachment 448088

Brechin are playing phenomenal to keep up with me, 2 way contest for the title, me thinks.

Cups showed significant improvement, and of course a challenge cup run to match the greatest.

View attachment 448085View attachment 448084View attachment 448083

Wins against Dundee and Raith showed us we could be a mid table championship side if we get promoted.

We made two more transfers during this period, nothing major but here they are anyway.

View attachment 448081View attachment 448080

A whopping 21k for Devlin makes a new club record.

Some random and funny news articles:

View attachment 448079

**** YOU BECK!!!

View attachment 448078

All 3 players of the month being East Stirling players caught my eyes.

View attachment 448077

Same with youth players, which is brilliant considering the spirit of this challenge.

View attachment 448076

So we had a better win streak than Rangers had...

Youth intake to come. (I mean it)​

View attachment 447771

A pretty poor second half of the season made us sweat all the way until the last game of the season. But was this enough to see us win the league? Well if you read the part that said 'Scottish Championship 4th'. You would know it was enough to at least get us a playoff spot, but did we win it?

View attachment 447766

Of course we did! A poor run from Brechin at the end won us it, which I feel is a bit of a hollow way to win, but who's complaining? I was hoping another League One club would come up with me, but that wasn't the case

Player of the Season:

View attachment 447761

Kevin Turner was in sensational form all season, and won the league player of the season award, so was the obvious choice for this.

Signing of the Season:

View attachment 447760

Andrew Steeves was in the league team of the year and won young player of the year, so it was a clear choice.

Other Leagues

View attachment 447759View attachment 447758View attachment 447757

If your sneaky you'll have worked out my next seasons opponents by now, I'l go over them next update though. Pre season update to come.

Pre season update:

\Pre season friendlies were for morale, money and tactic familiarity. Nothing else. Here they are.

View attachment 447712

Thrashed some nobody teams and got thrashed by the almighty bhoys in green :p

There weren't many signings but the ones I did have have insane potential and are the future of the club.

View attachment 447711

View attachment 447710View attachment 447709View attachment 447708

The opposition I'm playing against look like this (I'm predicted 10th (last))

View attachment 447707

Hibernian - Predicted 1st
Hamilton - Predicted 2nd
Cowdenbeath - Predicted 3rd
Falkirk - Predicted 4th
Raith - Predicted 5th
Queen Of The South - Predicted 6th
Dundee - Predicted 7th
Morton - Predicted 8th
East Fife - Predicted 9th

But how often are the bookies right? Especially when I'm in the league :)

Mid season update to come.

Last edited:
Half Way Through Season:

A very good season so far, in which we have have surprised a few teams, in a very competitive league, but we haven't had the dream season of the last couple seasons. Fixtures look like this.

View attachment 447656

These fixtures have left us in a very strong 4th position in the league

View attachment 447655

Cups have been very poor, except from the... you'll see ;)

View attachment 447654View attachment 447653View attachment 447652

We went and ****** won the Challenge Cup thanks to a 5-1 thrashing of Dunfermline in the final. Shame it couldn't have been a bigger cup but regardless that's my first cup win in charge of East Stirling.

We made a couple new transfers, and we have an insane potential kid coming in.

View attachment 447649

View attachment 447648View attachment 447647

Fairbairn is incredible with a fantastic potential and will become a star player in the future. Other kid was nothing more than backup. Anyway, for now that's all for now.

Youth Intake To Come

So, the second half of the season, here's the fixtures

View attachment 447617

Well, as you can see from the little bit near the top, it says 'Scottish Championship: 2nd' So we move to playoffs. Could the semi-professional minnows make it into the Premiership?

Scottish Premiership Rel. Pl 2nd Rnd Leg 1 vs Dundee

View attachment 447616

A great victory at Dens Park, question is, can we carry it on to the second leg?

Scottish Premiership Rel. Pl 2nd Rnd Leg 2 vs Dundee

View attachment 447615

Wow, 2 games away from the Premiership, and we're playing the almighty Kilmarnock.

Scottish Premiership Rel. Pl Final Leg 1 vs Kilmarnock

View attachment 447614

Good result at Rugby Park, just need to score more goals than them in Ochilview Park and we've done it.

Scottish Premiership Rel. Pl Final Leg 2 vs Kilmarnock

View attachment 447613

WE'VE DONE IT. SEMI-PRO MINNOWS EAST STIRLINGSHIRE ARE IN THE PREMIERSHIP. And with only signing under 20s ;)

View attachment 447612View attachment 447611View attachment 447610View attachment 447609

#BetterEastStirlingManagerThanAlexFergusonHimself

In other news we are expanding our stadium. Not really sure how since it's not our stadium but I don't care.

View attachment 447608

Oh and here's how the league ended up. Extremely tight.

View attachment 447607

Player of the Season

View attachment 447606

Amazing, did some wonderful things during the season, somehow didn't have a great average rating though

Pre season Premiership update to come ;)

Last edited:
Amazing rise of East Stirling, keep up mate, this is exciting times

First things first. FINALLY

View attachment 447427

And of course. FINALLY.

View attachment 447426

Anyway, on with the update. Pre season was boring, couldn't sign anybody I wanted, sadly, but now we're professional I can see a rise in the calibre of player I can sign, anyway, here are the transfers.

View attachment 447425

View attachment 447424View attachment 447423

Christian Hernandez looks very good and I hope he can grow to be a first team player. Only 3 friendlies and I still can't beat ****** Carlisle.

View attachment 447422

Anyway, I'm sure we can stay up and really start to build the club up in calibre.

Mid-Season update to come​

A few years ago when East Stirling were getting 9pts a season a few mates and I decided to follow them from Aberdeenshire.

Went to a cup game against Dundee armed with those Pot Noodle horns and made a racket.

Went to a midweek home game at Firs Park against Queens Park - those toilets will be remembered for a long while

I even ordered 4 shirts and the guy gave us a discount as he said they hadnt had such a big order for ages!!!!

lol

Half way through the season, are we surviving?

View attachment 447398

View attachment 447397

Barely, but I reckon if we go to a playoff we'll survive, the win in Inverness was amazing, and really helped us survive. 4-0 wins against Partick Thistle and St Mirren proving to be huge. I think we could survive now ;).

We're doing poor in the cups, (again) I can't seem to do anything in them. No matter what I do I still can't seem to win anything in them.

View attachment 447391View attachment 447390

Sorry for the short update, nothing at all happened, anyway, youth intake to come.​

View attachment 447353

So as you can see, we went to the end of the regular season as 12th but, how would we do in the split?

View attachment 447352

An amazing split means we finished 11th, but how would we fare in the playoff against the almighty Ross County?

View attachment 447350View attachment 447349

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Stuff you Ross County. An 89th minute goal sees us fall back into the Championship, I fully expect us to win the Championship, nothing less.

Pre season update to come.​

Pre season was OK. A win against Den Haag was incredible and really made the team raring to go for the season ahead.

View attachment 446121

Transfers were a common occurrence
and for the most part look very good. Some players were signed because of lack of depth though.

View attachment 446119

View attachment 446118View attachment 446117View attachment 446114View attachment 446113
View attachment 446112View attachment 446115

I showed Henriquez's attributes page to prove that he was 20 when I signed him to prove I didn't cheat. Anyway he looks like a real prospect of a keeper and I couldn't believe it when an agent offered him :p.

Mid-Season update to come.

A successful first half of the season, been VERY tight though. Here are the fixtures.

View attachment 446068

And the league

View attachment 446067

​The cups have been nothing short of embarrassing, sadly. Beating Hibs and beating Brechin 5-0 were the real highlights

View attachment 446063View attachment 446062View attachment 446061

2 more transfers, a second El Salvadorian international and some random English winger.

View attachment 446060View attachment 446059

Can we win the league? You'll have to wait and see

Youth intake to come.