Unemployed to World Cup Winner

I have restarted this challenge and been given the Hereford job, hopefully now I can finally get into FM11

Ye im the same mate!!

I started this and got the Yeovil job at the end of the first season, but couldn't get into it. Iv only managed so far to do more than 1 season with 1 team, right at the start, since i just can't get into it.

I may start this again too, and try and stick to it.

i will try this but i will also load the portuguese league

I will give this a try and load -

England
Ireland
Scotland
Spain
Italy
Portugal
Holland
Germany
(H)

Just finished pre-season did quite well apart from a 5-3 defeat to Bolton !

I did this a couple of years ago with FM 2009!!!

Started unemployed, loaded 10-12 leagues (slow) but fun!

Being Scottish nationality it ended up giving me the Forfar (small scottish coastline village - famous for it's banjo players and straw chewers) ;)

After 2 promotions in 3 years to the Scottish First Division i was in a relegation battle and stuggling...

At begining of December year 3-4 i got the sack! gutted all my hard work, setting up relationships to loan players, staff and training working well... what a waste!

Now i got offered a few jobs down sowf in league 1 but i rejected them all and took the Abroath (Forfar's neighbouring banjoists) job.

Promoted with Abroath from the Third divison and Forfar were relegated.

Year 4-5 Second division for a second time! - Success i won promotion via play-off and Forfar relegated for a consecutive year!

Return of my promotion to SPL challenge - mid season sitting mid table... looking okay, i had already accepted that my main goal this season was to bank as much money as possible and stay up!

January transfer window and in my news in tray was a job offer from SPL bottom feeders Livingston!!!

Offer accepted and i was in the SPL - saved my new club from relgation and was offered the Scotland job.

2014-2015 season... finished a respectable 4th and runner up in the cup! (very frustrating!!!)

2015-2016 season... finished 2nd to Celtic and no where in the cup.

2016 Summer - Euro Championship Winner - Scotland 2 Italy 1!!!!

To date my best ever career in FM!!!!

Nothing beats starting unemployed and working your way up - more satisfaction!

Problem is though unlike real life managers you become attached to the team and you don't want to leave them, but i strongly suggest leave and try different leagues!

Recently i left a English team for Brno in Czech and what a difference in the 3D game footage the touch, technique and passing a lot better and more enjoyable to watch!

Hope you enjoy the read!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about starting this but the thread seem's to have gone dead....... is anyone still doing this?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

okay so i've had a crack at this anyway, whether i will finish is another thing :/ i've loaded:
English leagues: league two and above
USA:MLS
Spain: Liga Adelante
Mexico: Second division and above.
And im using 11.2 patch with LFCmarshall's January update :D

Yeah I have started this one. It went as follows:

started as unemployed semi pro experience - Got the Northampton job season 1 - they were positioned in the relegation zone with about 15 games left - finished i think 15th - the board were delighted!
second season - Still with Northampton - secured play off place but lost in play off finals League 2
third season - half way through the season I was offered the Bristol Rovers Job - they were in the relegation zone of league 1 - I accepted the job and ended up just below mid table in my first season with them
fourth season - so far played 33 games and I am top of the league by 7 points with 2 games in hand over Millwall who are 2nd - I won the Johnstones paint south final on away goals against millwall and got knocked out in 5th round of FA cup after a good run - i was knocked out by Man City.

Hoping to take this team to the premier, depends on budget etc when promoted to championship!

I usen Raikens 442 tactics and my star players are as follows:

GK - signed Martin Fulop on a free
Def - Shane Duffy on loan (I think from Everton) season long loan average rating of around 7.49
mid - Kaclaniklic (I think spelt right) On loan from Fulham - left wing, average rating 7.6ish with about 11 goals and 15 assists
Forward - Nimely on loan from Manchester City - Brilliant, average rating of about 7.84 and he has so far scored 25 goals this season.

From the looks of it I will obtain automatic promotion this year (unless I **** up massively!!) And hope that I can make a few great signings in the championship. In the cup I beat both Blackpool and Crystall Palace so hopefully this is a sign of things to come??

Well i did not expect this, started with semi-pro experience and in the first season at the start of November Ive got the Doncaster job who are 20th in the championship!

I've signed a player called sarabia on loan from arsenal who is a pacey left midfielder. And i am getting ben alnwick in January on a free. And steve howard to partner billy sharp as a target man for a bargain of 75K. My first game was against scunny at home and i won 2-0 with sharp scoring both :D

I am in third season at the moment with Lincoln. Yes Lincoln. Got the job almost straight away. The first season finished mid table. got a couple of loan signings which helped. Second season finished 5th. But then lost in the first playoff. Had John bostock for 6 months. He is class. Just started 3rd season. already knocked Pompey out of the league cup. got John on loan again and have made some awesome free and loan signings. will post some screenshots soon if anyone is interested. Cheers

Alfretontown..
I've signed a player called sarabia on loan from arsenal who is a pacey left midfielder.
Got him in my Newcastle save from Real Madrid 1st season for 250k - 4.5* potential for premier league!!!

Started unemployed - Loaded the following leagues Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France!
Apply all jobs and go on holiday! - MUST OF BEEN A LONG WEEKEND BREAK!!
4 days in and i got offered "Rupel Boom" second division Belgium team job!
Rupel Boom contract till end of season and getting paid £0 p/w!!!
Amateur team and no transfer or wage budget!
Just got Anderlecht as parent club and i am 8 friendlies into the season won 7 lost 1!! Ghost V3 tactic!
Signed 12 new players and i have staff numbers of 2!!! ha-ha!

Anyone interested Rupel Boom details below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._Rupel_Boom_F.C.

Interesting to see a relative new club and at youth level had Romelu Lukaku on their books!

Short term goal - Gain promotion in first season and jump ship to another league as i feel Belgium first division (pro league i think) will be hard to win due to 3 main clubs (Anderlecht, Genk, Standard Leige)

Long term goal - World Cup Winner and sign Cristiano Ronaldo (CR7 sounds like a HONDA!!!) on long term contract and bench him in reserves for life!!!

ive been offered the dundee utd job at beggining of season !
in admisitration and got a 25 point deduction :(

Maybe Dundee your thinking of?

This could be a good thing Jake...

Some rich Sheik tycoon could buy them then its world domination!

Good luck!

How long was it until you guys started to get a job at a club? I'm in December and nothing as of yet..