Who to Replace Rooney? Capello's Dilemma After Red Mist

What a load of rubbish. Now obviously I didn't want him to get a 3 game ban because he's a vital part of the team, and we have a lot better chance of getting out of the group stages with him, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.
3 is somewhat harsh given tha Arshavin did the same and got two

What a load of rubbish. Now obviously I didn't want him to get a 3 game ban because he's a vital part of the team, and we have a lot better chance of getting out of the group stages with him, but that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it.

I've seen England in major tournaments many a time, and there's times when we've struggled terribly-even as far back as Mexico 86. I'm not doubting we have quality. But why don't we always see it when we need to apply it against smaller nations (as an example)?

This has really peeved me something rotten bearing in mind Arshavin got a 2 match ban for violent conduct against Andorra in 2007. So why 3?

Have you seen what Arshavin got that ban for?

[video=youtube;Nyc5She8bkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyc5She8bkA[/video]

Rooney's was worse than that.

3 games?! Is that a ******* joke? What an absolute pisstake. UEFA are really taking the ****. Absolute disgrace. Something dodgy going on there and I don't care if i get called paranoid, but something smells well fishy. FU UEFA you bunch of useless tossers. I'm livid with that.

Pretty sure he'd of got a 3 match ban if he'd done it the premier league.

With Bent, when you force teams to defend deep you stretch them, either teh whole side compacts and gives up the attacking advantage, or they leaves gaps inbetween the strata. when that happens, players in the whole get lots more space. You might shut down bent a bit, but then you leave gerrard/wilshere in acres of space. They have just transferred the threat. Especially if the man in the hole is an on form Gerrard

I get your point, but it is often counteracted by playing with 10 or even 11 men behind the ball to prevent the space between defense/midfield/attack. Bent rarely comes deep and I think Welbeck can stretch the opposition defence more because he can come short or go long, and I think he is more intelligent with his runs. I hope they both get chances in the friendlies though, but I'd like to see Defoe get a chance too. Capello certainly has some difficult decisions ahead

Ban Rooney for anything and everything like they banned him for swearing and also banned for getting Red Card in pre season friendly.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Never said that, in fact I said England should qualify with or without Rooney.

I was backing up your statement mate, not going against you :)

Pretty sure he'd of got a 3 match ban if he'd done it the premier league.

Probably. But it just seems harsh. Maybe I'm too much pro-Rooney I'm not sure, but it just seems a bit ott. He apologised, wrot a letter, showed no dissent. Even the ref was hoping it would only be a 2 match ban as he saw it as he did it out of frustration. Maybe it's just my anti-Platini bias coming out a bit too I suppose. I'll probably look at it differently when I calm down I guess lol.

next summer if all fit
hart
walker
p jones
smalling
a.cole
parker
Wilshire
gerrard (after christmas when he is fully fit)
a young (left)
sturridge (right)
bent

Have you seen what Arshavin got that ban for?

[video=youtube;Nyc5She8bkA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyc5She8bkA[/video]

Rooney's was worse than that.

Just like people do slightly worse two footed challenges than others, but the punishment is still the same.

been reading around other places, some people want to string him up for "ruining out chances" Sorry but if we cant get out the group stages without him, we have no business in this tournament

just lol'd at godcubed trying to plead his case for fabian delph in the england team

Got a feeling its 3matches because of his reputation (which is down to himself at the end of the day). Question now is do you even take him??? Realisticly England have very little chance of winning the tournement and a quarter final finish would be our limits i think. If thats the case why would you take a player who might only be able to play in one game especially if the side is winning and playing ok.

Oh, c'mon. He's just going to miss England's only three matches during Euro 2012.

Got a feeling its 3matches because of his reputation (which is down to himself at the end of the day). Question now is do you even take him??? Realisticly England have very little chance of winning the tournement and a quarter final finish would be our limits i think. If thats the case why would you take a player who might only be able to play in one game especially if the side is winning and playing ok.

Of course you take him. If you are only thinking QFs as manager then you are in the wrong job. Im not saying we are going to the final, but you want go as far as possible. Take him for sure.

So much hyperbole and vitriol thrown at him, if i didnt love england so much i'd be half inclined to want him to retire from international football

Just heard on 10 o Clock news that he has been hit with a 3 MATCH BAN.

Of course you take him. If you are only thinking QFs as manager then you are in the wrong job. Im not saying we are going to the final, but you want go as far as possible. Take him for sure.

So much hyperbole and vitriol thrown at him, if i didnt love england so much i'd be half inclined to want him to retire from international football

Im not debating his quality and what he would bring to England because its obvious what he could bring, but as a coach you have to look at the bigger picture. Say Rooney goes he will take him plus 3 other strikers, Rooney cant play the first 3 games and what if 2 strikers get injured???? Then what??? I have finally come to the conclusion that England are not over achieving and we are not under achieving either. This is what we are, a quarter final place is a decent tournement for us i totally believe that now. If thats the case they Rooney would only play one game so arguably its a waste of a space isent it??

Im not debating his quality and what he would bring to England because its obvious what he could bring, but as a coach you have to look at the bigger picture. Say Rooney goes he will take him plus 3 other strikers, Rooney cant play the first 3 games and what if 2 strikers get injured???? Then what??? I have finally come to the conclusion that England are not over achieving and we are not under achieving either. This is what we are, a quarter final place is a decent tournement for us i totally believe that now. If thats the case they Rooney would only play one game so arguably its a waste of a space isent it??

considering we pick 5 strikers we should be ok. so yeah take him. and still look beyond the QF becuase you never know what can happen