I have been using this tactic for a couple of games now and I have been very impressed, especially as I'm using AFC Telford United in the Blue Square Premier. I was wondering what match preparation training you were using? because even though I'm scoring, I'm also conceding aswell so I would like to try and be more stable at the back.

I leave all the match prep to the assistant manager....
*you could change the full backs from attack to automatic; this should in theory reduce the amount of goals being conceded as you have more players covering the defence.

Cleary a great tactic for strong teams - looking really good. I have a few questions I hope you will answer: ^^)

1) You mentioned in your opening post that most of your goals had come from Giroud - were you playing him as the DLF or poacher?

2) Where does your assists come from - obviously you have a strong team, but is anyone standing out? i.e. are most assists from Theo because he is so quick that he outruns the opposition defense and provides the killer pass? Or is it more from douglas Costa or Santi?

3) Your central midfield - both Santi and Douglas aren't very defensive minded - and not really ball winning midfielders either - they seem like advanced playmaker types to me - such as lampard from chelsea. Is it on purpose that you play with attacking minded midfielders rather than ball winning types?

4) You mentioned you had tweaked your tactic everytime you drew a game - this has obviously work wonders, but what was the things you typically tweaked - was it player roles or was it team mentality, i.e. attacking to control or similar?

Sorry for all the questions - it seems like an amazing tactics and I look forward to testing it myself. (6)

I still remain impressed with this tactic because I'm finally scoring goals, however I have played more games throughout the season and there seems to be a similar pattern of conceding really late goals. In my last 5 games I have conceded 90+ minute goals in three of them.

I was winning 2-1 against Luton but they scored 93rd minute, Winning 2-1 against Lincoln but conceded in the 91st minute and in my last game against Mansfield it was 0-0 until the 90th where I conceded. It's a great tactic but I reckon it still needs a few tweaks so it remains solid at the back.

I still remain impressed with this tactic because I'm finally scoring goals, however I have played more games throughout the season and there seems to be a similar pattern of conceding really late goals. In my last 5 games I have conceded 90+ minute goals in three of them.

I was winning 2-1 against Luton but they scored 93rd minute, Winning 2-1 against Lincoln but conceded in the 91st minute and in my last game against Mansfield it was 0-0 until the 90th where I conceded. It's a great tactic but I reckon it still needs a few tweaks so it remains solid at the back.

Can't you just change to contain for the last 2 minuttes of the game - I typically do that when I want to hang on to a lead. Attacking to the very end is of course nice, but really only applicable if you are chasing a win or if you are scoring for fun - In tight games, I tend to switch to contain to keep the score and get the win.

Cleary a great tactic for strong teams - looking really good. I have a few questions I hope you will answer: ^^)

1) You mentioned in your opening post that most of your goals had come from Giroud - were you playing him as the DLF or poacher?

2) Where does your assists come from - obviously you have a strong team, but is anyone standing out? i.e. are most assists from Theo because he is so quick that he outruns the opposition defense and provides the killer pass? Or is it more from douglas Costa or Santi?

3) Your central midfield - both Santi and Douglas aren't very defensive minded - and not really ball winning midfielders either - they seem like advanced playmaker types to me - such as lampard from chelsea. Is it on purpose that you play with attacking minded midfielders rather than ball winning types?

4) You mentioned you had tweaked your tactic everytime you drew a game - this has obviously work wonders, but what was the things you typically tweaked - was it player roles or was it team mentality, i.e. attacking to control or similar?

Sorry for all the questions - it seems like an amazing tactics and I look forward to testing it myself. (6)

I dont mind answering your questions:
1) I have been rotating my team on a regular basis so the players dont get too worn out and this also helps build the overall team morale up which Allows ur team to perform v.good consistently ...Giroud performs better as a poacher...
2) Most of my assists come from my wingers...and DLF's....I only use Theo if all other attackers are injured I dont like playing him. The main player to stand out for me is Isco who i've started playing in AML; he scores quite a few goals from this position and also assists too.
3) I would agree with you that I dont use defensive minded CM's; There's no real reason why I play attack minded CM's, I personally believe people should use defensive minded CM's as this will balance out the tactic as currently I only have two defensive minded players in the first 11; this would also help not to concede many goals than i currently have.
4) I only tweaked the tactic at the very beginning of the 1st season; this was mainly to do with player roles ; this is why I have my AML & AMR as wingers as they are not as effective when being used as Inside Forwards....plus I was tinkering with the strikers roles and instructions as at the beginning they were not as effective.

This team does work with weaker teams as I've started testing this tactic with Fulham and within the first 8 games (5 friendlies and 3 League games) I have won 6 and drawn 2. I beat Man Utd 3-1.
Here is the screenshot for that match:
View attachment 299233

Switched to this tactic and went on a run of seven wins in a row. I've put a lot of emphasis on team cohesion in my current game and it does help keep Morale within the squad stable. However, I just went on a 3 game losing streak. I also threw away a 2 goal lead and lost the game. I'm thinking of having a control and overload version of this tactic where I just change the mentality and style only. Thinking that if I score a goal I go control, drawing or in need of a goal overload if the match is a stalemate or I'm losing. I wonder if rigid control, balanced attacking, and very fluid overload might yield more consistent results???

Hi I like the look at your tactic, after seeing a lot of goals I concede coming from crosses from the wings I want to try a 442 tactic with winger, just wondering what other team instructions do you use for marking I.e zonal man mark default? And passing style pressing etc..cheers

Im gonna try this tonight with my Crawley save, I'm in the prem in 2022 but have only won a capital one cup so far. Need a tactic that is going to make my team almost unbeatable.

Switched to this tactic and went on a run of seven wins in a row. I've put a lot of emphasis on team cohesion in my current game and it does help keep Morale within the squad stable. However, I just went on a 3 game losing streak. I also threw away a 2 goal lead and lost the game. I'm thinking of having a control and overload version of this tactic where I just change the mentality and style only. Thinking that if I score a goal I go control, drawing or in need of a goal overload if the match is a stalemate or I'm losing. I wonder if rigid control, balanced attacking, and very fluid overload might yield more consistent results???

changing the mentality to more rigid may help your team

Hi I like the look at your tactic, after seeing a lot of goals I concede coming from crosses from the wings I want to try a 442 tactic with winger, just wondering what other team instructions do you use for marking I.e zonal man mark default? And passing style pressing etc..cheers

There's no other instructions, just plug n play....

changing the mentality to more rigid may help your team

I actually just made that change before I saw your reply. Last game of the season and I've secured a play off place in the Jupiler league with Volendam.

One thing I will say about leaving the assistant manager in charge....he always for me sets defend set pieces as the match prep. Dunno why, but I can't say its made a massive difference.

I haven't downloaded the tactic though just viewed it on my mobile phone? So everything else set to default isit or?

well going forward this tactic is amazing but against a good side say Man City away I got murdered 4-0. anyone got any defensive tips?

well going forward this tactic is amazing but against a good side say Man City away I got murdered 4-0. anyone got any defensive tips?

when playing better sides change mentality to more rigid so your team keeps their shape and change ur strategy to counter

Don't forget guys, morale is absolutely key in this game. Concentrating your efforts on team cohesion early on in your save reaps massive benefits long term. You'll find doing this will ensure that most formations on here will work a lot better.

My save has currently gone like this....managed blackburn, used a solid formation recommended for that team.....did rubbish as I didn't focus on team cohesion and morale! Got sacked. Offered bristol rovers job....took over with them bottom half, tried using zero sea's formation.....they got relegated.

Why? I didn't focus on team cohesion and morale.....

So I then decided to implement a pre season strategy that would ensure my players suffered as few injuries and were as cohesive as possible before the season start. Only then did I switch to tactics for match prep and focus on fluidity.

I posted my pre season plan in the zero sea thread a few days ago so without wanting to take away from this thread, I feel its important for people to build the foundations first.

The result of all of my hard work was getting Volendam.... who offered me a contract when I'd resigned from bristol and who, to be fair, were actually miles better than them anyway......promoted to the Eredivisie in my first season.

I still was aggressive in the transfer market at the start, but my focus on team cohesion meant that the squad blended quickly, morale was boosted and my results were much much better.