A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

what you play volland as??? cracking stuff pal.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I play him as a Trequartista :) Its what he is rated best at (3.5*)

And clearly it seems to work! :)

I play him as a Trequartista :) Its what he is rated best at (3.5*)

And clearly it seems to work! :)

I always seem to play better with winger s rather than inside forwards even when I have hazard etc.. he also seems to perform better as a winger. do u notice this. or is it just me ??

thanks

obviously I'm talking about your tactic

I always seem to play better with winger s rather than inside forwards even when I have hazard etc.. he also seems to perform better as a winger. do u notice this. or is it just me ??

thanks

obviously I'm talking about your tactic

Ive never really tried it with wingers and have always used inside forwards...

But I think I might give wingers a go now! :)

Ive never really tried it with wingers and have always used inside forwards...

But I think I might give wingers a go now! :)

personally they seem to play better allround. and also make pitch bigger as they tend to go on outside and ya striker ap winger coming in on other side with ya bbm arriving late..

might just be me thinking that's how it happens.

with inside forwards it just seems to narrow the pitch and they run into a cluster of players. granted if fullback gets up in support on overlap then its not as bad.. just my opinion pal

personally they seem to play better allround. and also make pitch bigger as they tend to go on outside and ya striker ap winger coming in on other side with ya bbm arriving late..

might just be me thinking that's how it happens.

with inside forwards it just seems to narrow the pitch and they run into a cluster of players. granted if fullback gets up in support on overlap then its not as bad.. just my opinion pal

Yeah I see what you mean,

luckily I have players like Shaw and De Sciglio who push forward allll the time :)

Yeah I see what you mean,

luckily I have players like Shaw and De Sciglio who push forward allll the time :)

I have shaw, Alex Sandro, azperquilta and a awesome regan.
;)
its just way I see it, awesome tactic anyway mate..
sorry for filling ya story page with this but there ain't a proper thread.. lol

I have shaw, Alex Sandro, azperquilta and a awesome regan.
;)
its just way I see it, awesome tactic anyway mate..
sorry for filling ya story page with this but there ain't a proper thread.. lol

Dammit Ive wanted azpilicueta but he has never wanted to join me :( haha

Lol dont worry about it mate!

Finally caught up with this (been a while since read decided to let the story progress)....Superb going mate, dominating every competition you in...Arsenal seem to be your bogey team lol...Awesome squad as well, quite surprised how good Ravel has been, had him on my save and was decent but nothing compared to how he playing with you. Keep up the great work, looking forward to the next update.

Finally caught up with this (been a while since read decided to let the story progress)....Superb going mate, dominating every competition you in...Arsenal seem to be your bogey team lol...Awesome squad as well, quite surprised how good Ravel has been, had him on my save and was decent but nothing compared to how he playing with you. Keep up the great work, looking forward to the next update.

Cheers! Yeah dominating everything... just need to try and get multiple cups a season now, but really think we could win them all this season in one go!

Yeah they really are! I absolutely hate them! Always make sure to moan about them in the press whenever I can :p

It surprised me as well... was really expecting him to just be like a back up to Barkley and leave after a couple of seasons but hes come on leaps and bounds and is now first choice!

Next update should be sometime this afternoon! Just enjoying the sun at the moment!

Haha don't blame you mate...enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be for long lol.

Yeah as I say Ravel came in whilst I was manager of Norwich and kept out Rochina who was awesome for me then just faded after 1 season so good to see he is actually consistent.

Yeah I've noticed ;-) seem to make mention when detailing every game on here lol

View attachment 381163
September

View attachment 381162

So some very good performances and a shock draw!

-----

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 381159

MOTM: Alen Halilovic (Newcastle United)

Kicked off September with a good comfortable win over Villa, they did put up a bit of a fight but they couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo after managing 0 shots on target!

-----

Newcastle United 6 - 0 Reading
Premier Division

View attachment 381156

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United)

Utter dominance from us this game as we actually managed to take advantage of the amount of shots we had and managed to put 6 past Reading! They were quite confident before this game as they had just beaten Liverpool 4-0 but we brought them straight back down to earth!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Grasshoppers
Champions Cup Group G

View attachment 381152

MOTM: Raheem Sterling (Newcastle United)

I could not believe this was only 3-0! I mean, look at how much we battered them! Clearly the issue is we are not getting many of our shots on target, but we are getting goals, so not sure if it bothers me that much!

-----

Newcastle United 2 - 2 Leicester City
Premier Division

View attachment 381148

MOTM: Ravel Morrison (Newcastle United)

Now, being a Leicester fan obviously I am pleased for Leicester, but being Newcastle manager I am extremely disappointed with us as we were very good this match but we just could not deal with the few counter attacks they had, one for the goal and then the one where Tah gave away the penalty... should have won this!

-----

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Middlesborough
Capital One Cup 3rd Round

View attachment 381147

MOTM: Donis Avidjaj (Newcastle United)

So if you look at the squad we played it is full of youth players I decided to give a chance to, and I am so pleased with the performance they gave! They were absolutely incredible and everyone had such great games! They will all definitely get a chance in future games!

-----

Cardiff City 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 381145

MOTM: Raheem Sterling (Newcastle United)

Another good performance to cap off an excellent month of performances! Cardiff just had no answer to our quality although I am happy for them they actually managed to get a few shots on goal, not many teams managed that this month!

-----

League

View attachment 381144

So still unbeaten in the league, but Chelsea did not slip up either and are still 2 points clear... also Man Utd finally managed to pick up some points... such a shame! Was hoping they would be playing like this season!

Good league performances got me my 1st one of these this season...

View attachment 381133

Hahaha beat you to it Mourinho!

Champions Cup

View attachment 381143

Only 1 game in but top of the table and signs look good for us this season!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 381142

So after the big win against Middlesborough we are drawn away to Southampton... obviously they are a decent team so wont go with the team I played last time but a few will feature!

-----

Best Player of September

I am never selling this guy!

View attachment 381141

Kevin Volland

3 goals, 2 assists, a man of the match award and is 2nd in the league goalscorers... I am making it my aim to keep him here till he retires, whatever offers I get!

Last edited:
Turns out that I had forgot about the little crash dump I had in the middle of the month during the Internationals!

Ended up not getting the Kovacic injury in the end thank god!

Also, just to show how much I love Volland...

He has scored 19 minutes in to the first game of October! :D

question off topic pal. I've started a league up with real Madrid. now cristiano I'm playing up top.. for a tranqalista or what ever they called he had 4 stars but as a poacher complete forward and advanced forward he has 4 1/2 stars would u still play the tranqalista or got to 1 of his best roles??? cheers..

I say this cause in your download post you say you change roles to the players best roles.

thanks

Last edited:
question off topic pal. I've started a league up with real Madrid. now cristiano I'm playing up top.. for a tranqalista or what ever they called he had 4 stars but as a poacher complete forward and advanced forward he has 4 1/2 stars would u still play the tranqalista or got to 1 of his best roles??? cheers..

I say this cause in your download post you say you change roles to the players best roles.

thanks

I would change it to the players best, and out of that most likely complete forward :)

yes that's what I thought. even tho I have played him as a tranq and he had 9 goals in 3 games then played him as a complete forward and he has 8 goals in 3 games so he smashes it no matter what tbf... awesome tactic tho pal.. the play is brilliant I have bale on right as inside forward di maria on left as winger and isco as AP the goals scored and the att play is awesome I think you should open a proper thread for it ;)

yes that's what I thought. even tho I have played him as a tranq and he had 9 goals in 3 games then played him as a complete forward and he has 8 goals in 3 games so he smashes it no matter what tbf... awesome tactic tho pal.. the play is brilliant I have bale on right as inside forward di maria on left as winger and isco as AP the goals scored and the att play is awesome I think you should open a proper thread for it ;)

Haha well Ronaldo is just incredible on FM.... I actually tried to sign him in the summer but he just wanted too much! Was willing to come if I offered the right wages!

Think I might actually have to! :p

View attachment 380696
October

View attachment 380693

So 2nd month in a row with some more great performances and a surprising draw! Also a month of clean sheets!

-----

Benfica 0 - 6 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group G

View attachment 380691

MOTM: Mateo Kovacic (Newcastle United)

Kovacic and Volland were just simply unstoppable this game!

They were playing beautiful passes with each other and both 3 assists between them!

Really was expecting Benfica to be the main challenge in this group but clearly we are just too good!

-----

Watford 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 380690

MOTM: Jonathan Bond (Watford)

Jonathan Bond literally had the best game of his career! Deserved Man of the Match as he gets a rating of 8.8 and is the only reason why we only managed to score once and didn't put at least 4 past them!

-----

Southampton 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 380689

MOTM: Jonathan Tah (Newcastle United)

So yet another game we are incredible in, but unluckily for us the Southampton defence was on great form as you can see as they all played very well! At least we still managed to scrape a win though!

-----

Newcastle United 0 - 0 Shakhtar
Champions Cup Group G

View attachment 380688

MOTM: Joe Hart (Shakhtar)

Yet again, a goalie has a worldie of a performance and this time even stopped us from getting the win we deserved! And it was ****** Joe Hart!!!!

Really annoyed at this as we put in a performance to easily warrant us getting a win!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 Chelsea
Premier Division

View attachment 380687

MOTM: Lucas Romero (Newcastle United)

HA! Finally a goalie/defence doesn't have a good game and it means we got to tear Chelsea apart! Incredible win against our title rivals at the moment!

-----

Southampton 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Capital One Cup 4th Round

View attachment 380686

MOTM: Jonathan Tah (Newcastle United)

So didn't end up playing a younger side this game and glad I didn't as Southampton went for us this game and could have easily stole the win if it wasn't for our defence having such a good game!

-----

League

View attachment 380685

So with us winning all our league games, including against Chelsea, we climb above them into 1st, now 1 point clear!

Also still on for the unbeaten season in all competitions and also our defence is playing incredible with us only conceding 5 goals in 15 games!

View attachment 380684

This was never in doubt! 2 in 2 full months!

Champions Cup

View attachment 380683

Even with the draw with Shakhtar I am still not worried about this as the Benfica result just gives me great confidence!

Capital One Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 380593

So after the win against Southampton we now get the joys of playing Man Utd! Although they haven't been exactly brilliant so think we can definitely batter them!

-----

Best Player of October

View attachment 380682

Jonathan Tah

So the young German centre back had an excellent month for us as he picks up 2 goals and 2 Man of the Match awards after 6 incredible performances this month!​

Last edited:
View attachment 377893
November

View attachment 377892

Good times continue on Tyneside!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 1 Sunderland
Premier Division

View attachment 377889

MOTM: Ravel Morrison (Newcastle United)

Ahh always feels good to batter our rivals! Shame we conceded a goal though, as we really performed well enough to not concede!

-----

Shakhtar 0 - 3 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group G

View attachment 377885

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United

I am not sure how we didn't concede a goal, as they really deserved at least 1! But still pleased we played well enough to get 3 goals and a clean sheet!

After this game we got this...

View attachment 377883

Easy! Looks like we can chill out in the last 2 games!

-----

Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 377882

MOTM: Luke Shaw (Newcastle United)

In terms of the matchs stats it probably deserved to be a draw, but how we have been performing so far this season, we really were off this game and didn't perform like we have been. Should have performed better and won this.

-----

West Brom 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 377877

MOTM: Alen Halilovic (Newcastle United)

Much better performance this time around as we dominate the baggies from start to finish and get back to performing well!

-----

Grasshoppers 1 - 3 Newcastle United
Champions Cup Group G

View attachment 377876

MOTM: Ross Barkley (Newcastle United)

Such a dirty game! But still a very entertaining one though and a good win for my weaker side! So 9 yellows and 2 reds... oh dear! Disappointed they played well enough to score a goal though!

-----

League

View attachment 377873

So we are top by 2 points... but Chelsea and Man City are both right on our tail and 1 slip up can easily cost us first place! Going to have to hope we keep up this form, and also hopefully the so far unbeaten season!
Award

View attachment 377859

Clearly Garrido was a great purchase as he gets the award for Young Player of the Month award!

Champions Cup

View attachment 377871

So, this was incredibly easy! We qualified with 2 games left and we should easily be able to finish this group stage unbeaten!

-----

Best Player of November

View attachment 377854

Kevin Volland

3 goals in 5 games... he is just unstoppable again and clearly he is on track to have such a good season for us again!​

View attachment 376506
December

View attachment 376505

No one is able to stop us!!

-----

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Man City
Premier Division

View attachment 376495

MOTM: Juan Carlos Velasco (Newcastle United)

We just completely dominated Man City today... we could have easily won it by more than 1 and we would have deserved to as well, but, overall beating Man City in the first place is a good result so not going to complain!

-----

Newcastle United 1 - 0 Stoke City
Premier Division

View attachment 376493

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

May have been just like the last game where we dominated and deserved the win but actually disappointed with just a 1-0... we should have easily put at least 3 past the struggling Stoke side but our finishing was appalling this game!

-----

Swansea City 1 - 3 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 376491

MOTM: Luke Shaw (Newcastle United)

We are just brushing teams aside with our performances now... just dominate them, bang in a few goals, and we are making it look so easy as well!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 0 SLB
Champions Cup Group Stage

View attachment 376490

Kovacic ran the show in yet another dominant performance! A beautiful 22 minute hat trick and he just single handedly won us the game!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 2 Nottingham Forest
Premier Division

View attachment 376489

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

Even though we won and still domianted we actually had a bit of a challenge on our hands! Stormed into a 2-0 lead before half time but after that, Forest were really pushing us and after they made it 2-1 I thought they might bring it back but Garrido put that worry to bed.

-----

Newcastle United 4 - 0 Man Utd
Capital One Cup Quarter Final

View attachment 376487

Nothing feels much better than getting one over on a team like Man Utd... and to do it in such a fashion is even better! They probably could have got at least one goal as they did have chances but we were just toooo good!

-----

Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool
Premier Division

View attachment 376486

MOTM: Ross Barkley (Newcastle United)

Barkley, the Evertonion will have been loving this! Just tore Liverpool apart by himself and got us the dominant and comfortable win we really deserved!

-----

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 376485

MOTM: Connor Wickham (Crystal Palace)

Thought we were finally going to bottle in and lose our unbeaten streak... and to Palace as well... but my inspired signings saved the day as they came on to score 2 in 2 minutes and give us the win which we did still deserve as we did dominate them!

-----

Hull 1 - 4 Newcastle United
Premier Division

View attachment 376484

Great way to end the year as we dominate Hull! 2-0 up within 10 minutes was a sign of things to come as we just controlled the match and battered them! Shame we couldn't get the clean sheet but nothing Tah could do!

-----

League

View attachment 376482

Pulling away from Chelsea as we are now 7 points clear! Could easily seeing us having this league tied up very quickly... unbeaten season in all competitions is still on!!

Another incredible month got us these!

View attachment 376481

Barkley bangs in goal of the month against Liverpool!

View attachment 376480

Of course, I win yet another Manager of the Month award!

Champions Cup

View attachment 376475

So the group is now over and of course we qualified easily in 1st!

View attachment 376478

And we are drawn against big spenders Monaco in the next round... this will be a very tough game!

Capital One Cup

View attachment 376479

So after battering Man Utd in the Quarter Final we now get to face our rivals Sunderland in the Semis! What a great way to get into the Final if we destroy them!

Chelsea or Burnley await us in the Final... most likely Chelsea

FA Cup

View attachment 376477

We are finally drawn in to the FA Cup, where we are away to Portsmouth in the 3rd round... good chance for me to give youngsters and back up a run out and they should still easily dispatch of them!

-----

Best Player of December

View attachment 376476

Mateo Kovacic

Kovacic was incredible for us this month as he racks us 6 goals, 2 assists and 3 Man of the Match awards!

-----

Award

We were involved in one of the end of year awards!

View attachment 376474

Sterling and Kovacic made it into the World Team of the Year!

Disappointed that Shaw and Volland aren't involved in there somehow though.​

View attachment 376473
Mid-Season Squad Report

So... its now January! Let's see what the squad looks like now and who could be leaving and where needs improving!

View attachment 376472

So... as you can see a fair few players have gone down hill now and will most likely leave!

GK: No problems with this position, ter Stegen still an absolute beast and I still have confidence in Kaiser as a back up!

RB: De Sciglio and Mayke are still very good and will not be leaving yet... but if I do find some jems or good replacements one may leave!

LB: No troubles with position at all! Shaw a great first choice and Santon a perfect back up!

CB: Love this position, such strength in depth here and no one will be leaving for a while!

CM: Just like CM... incredible players in this position and they are all that good I still have trouble choosing who to play!

AMR: Now... very happy with Halilovic in this position, but Ben Arfa has now gone down a bit and will most likely leave during January, a replacement probably wont be brought in as Gauld and Sterling can easily cover!

AMC: Well... Barkley and Morrison have now reached points where they are going to stop developing... one of them may leave and so far Barkley has impressed me more, especially with Castaldo coming through, think Morrison may be leaving in January or the Summer.

AML: Love this position as well! Gauld, Sterling and Valasco are incredible players and each of them can cover many different positions, they will all be here for a while!

ST: So of course Volland wont be leaving as he is just incredible, and still loving Avdijaj as back up, but Zivkovic has not impressed me when hes played and is now moaning about game time so may leave.

-----

Summary

So a few positions are going to be looked at...

RB: Someone to come in as a back up but will take over in the future

AMR: May still look at a back up to Halilovic, but not too worried about it

ST: With Zivkovic likely to leave, I will definitely be looking at bringing in another future player to the side​