A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

Youth Intake

Forgot to do this in the March update so though I would give it its own... of course during March it was the new Youth Intake!

Now we really didn't get anyone good through... most of them are average players who will go out on loan or released and are likely to never ever feature for me except for one...

View attachment 411472

Rich Ingram

At 15 this guy looks pretty good already! I am going to play him in 1 or 2 of the games we have left as I just want to see how he fairs but he will most likely be going out on loan next season, but I will make sure it is a suitable team where he will get game time and experience as he is definitely in my future plans and I will definitely not be getting rid of him.​

League News

So a couple of events have happened during April in the Premier League... ones that deserve their own update!

So first of all we have this...

View attachment 411471

The race for the title is over as Chelsea are crowned Champions with 4 games remaining! We also play them next so could be interesting to see if they are pumped up from it or now relaxed and won't be going all out... we shall see!

Now I have saved the best till last...

View attachment 411470

That's right! Our rivals have been relegated! Always feels go of course to see our main rivals do bad, especially this bad! But of course we will miss not having the Tyne-wear Derby next season unless we meet them in the cup so it has it's bad points... but of course you just got to love seeing your rivals relegated! HAHA!​

April

View attachment 411446

--------------------

View attachment 411445

View attachment 411444

MOTM: Roberto Soldado (Tottenham Hotspur)

Spurs really did not deserve to win this! We were the much better side and they just took advantage of the fact they had done absolutely f all for all of the 1st (they had no shots) and most of the 2nd half and weren't knackered! Talk about bulls**t.

--------------------

View attachment 411443

View attachment 411442

MOTM: Tim Krul (Newcastle United)

So in all fairness this probably deserved to be a draw as we were the better team first half, united were the better second half, but obviously annoyed and think we should have won as we let in a very last minute goal that was with the last touch of the game. Also good to see Vidic has scored for us... as we are very interested in signing him on a free at the end of the season and he is very interested in coming! What are the odds he would score an own goal when that is happening eh! Haha!

--------------------

View attachment 411441

View attachment 411440

MOTM: Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle United)

This was such a good win for so many reasons! First of all it feels good to spank the new Champions and so comprehensively as well! Secondly Mourinho was being an arsehole before the saying he didn't care about what I had managed to achieve in my first season and didn't want to be friends, AFTER, I had praised him for winning the league! And finally... I just hate Chelsea! Dominated them and they had no chance! Although they were playing a weaker side with some youth players but doesn't make any difference to me!

--------------------

View attachment 411439

View attachment 411438

MOTM: Gabriel Obertan (Newcastle United)

Thought we were going to mess this up towards the end as they really came at us in the last 10 minutes and really could have got the draw... but the lads held strong and managed to hold on and get us the win we need to strengthen our push for 2nd! Was sad to see Ingram was injured just 15 minutes into his debut luckily it wasn't bad and he is now also the youngest player to play in the Premier League!

--------------------

League

View attachment 411437

So we had a good month and now with just 2 games remaining we are 3 points clear of City and United so it all on us to not **** it up in the last 2 games! We need 4 points to ensure we take 2nd and get our Champions League football! at the other end of the table it looks like Norwich will be joining Sunderland in the Championship next season (can still survive though) and looks like it is between Hull, Cardiff and West Ham for the final relegation place... and we have Hull next up! Lets pile some misery on them!

--------------------
Best Player of April

View attachment 411436

Moussa Sissoko

Moussa had a pretty good month for us as he contributed 2 goals, 1 assist and picked up 1 MOTM award for the month. I mean his form has dipped recently and isn't playing as well as he was before January but glad he is picking up form again right at the time we need the wins!

--------------------

So the next update will be regarding the final 2 games of the season so of course you will be able to find out our final position which will hopefully be 2nd! And I will bring out another update after that for the end of the season where I will review our season and also reveal who won the other major leagues and cups etc.

Come on Newcastle!

Nice one, cheers! Going to start a Newcastle save when I get in

Ahh nice! Really good team to start with, good players right from the off and tbf could do well without buying new players in, just needs abit of depth and back up!

Ahh nice! Really good team to start with, good players right from the off and tbf could do well without buying new players in, just needs abit of depth and back up!

Yeah. Think I will look to buy players for the future than can come in and develop

May

View attachment 411421

View attachment 411420

MOTM: Rich Ingram (Newcastle United)

The young boy from Newcastle pulled all the strings in this game from behind the striker! Pinging balls out wide, taking players on, taking shots... he was just class and definitely deserved the MOTM! Assisted Luuk with his goal with a beautiful through ball after beating Huddlestone and Livermore! Love this lad already! We now only need 1 point in our final game to ensure we get 2nd!

--------------------

View attachment 411419

View attachment 411418

MOTM: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United)

We have done it! We have taken 2nd place in the league and will now be playing in the Champions League next season! Also! Ingram got his first senior goal! Going to be very tempted to not loan him out and actually play him next season, great first 2 full games for us!

--------------------

View attachment 411417

We managed to do what we needed and it was a good thing we did! If we had lost we would have come 3rd, which isn't exactly bad but we get more money for 2nd sooo! Great end to a great season and I already cannot wait for the new season to start!

--------------------

Best Player of May

View attachment 411415

Rich Ingram

How could I not give it to this guy! 1 goal, 2 assists and 1 MOTM award in what I call his first 2 games for The Toon and I am sure he is going to become a great player for us and I am sure he is easily going to become a great for this club and possibly England! Definitely think he will be wearing black and white stripes regularly for us next season!

--------------------

Next update will be revealing the tactics that got us where we finished and then the next update will be the end of season review!

Yeah. Think I will look to buy players for the future than can come in and develop

Yeah thats a good idea! Should look at players such as Pugliese, Vietto, Correa, Casasola as these are players I missed out on but really wish I had got!

Tactics

So these are the tactics behind the success we had this season... these are the tactics I use with whoever I play with and have always been very good for me. Tactic 2 is my favourite and was the most used Tactic this season, and was the tactic I was using when Sissoko went on his mad scoring run, if you have a good AMC they will bang in the goals.

Tactic 1

View attachment 411414

This is usually my favourite tactic as it is good for controlling the game, shutting the opposition out in the midfield but it is also very good for going forward... but with Newcastle I chose to mainly use the next tactic...

Tactic 2

View attachment 411413

I just loved this formation... it was amazing for us this season and was probably used in 90% of my games! Sissoko was literally the perfect player for this formation as proven as this was used all through his amazing form and scoring run. Do occasionally get caught out in midfield but Tiote and Anita are more than capable players of handling themselves.

Tactic 3

View attachment 411409

Now this tends to be my more defensive tactic... would sometimes switch to it if I was trying to hold on to a slender lead where the other team were hammering us and it worked quite well... unfortunately we were not often in that situation so it was not needed much (probably used around 5 times all season) but I am sure with us being the Champions League next season against the best teams in the world we are going to need it more!​

End of Season Review - Newcastle United

So I will be doing 3 separate reviews... one for Newcastle United (this one), one for English competitions and then one for rest of the world.

Squad

View attachment 411396

So as you can see the majority of our squad performed excellently this season... in particular Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Anita, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon and Krul were all amazing this season and without them we definitely would not have been able to do as well as we did! Really think we have a strong chance of replicating this seasons performance next season, as they are all still great players.

Club News

So at the end of the season the club announced this...

View attachment 411394

They would be upgrading the training and youth facilities even further! I had already negotiated at the start of the season to have them improved but I am guessing due to the money we got from finishing well in the league they decided to improve them further!

Also the authorities deciding to downgrade our youth level to level 2 but I went straight to the board and they instantly agreed that we are a club that deserved to have level 1 and are upgrading that as well!

View attachment 411393

World Cup

Also with the World Cup happening this summer (I will provide updates on what happens), some of our players have been chosen to grace the main stage for their countries and play in the greatest competition of them all!

View attachment 411392

This does not surprise me at all as all of these players have been absolutely excellent for us this season (except Elliot who has actually been sat rotting in our reserves... says a lot for RoI!)! But other than that I believe they all deserve to be going to the World Cup!

End of Season Review - England

This update will involve all information regarding the English Competitions

League and Stats

View attachment 411391

View attachment 411390

So we got 2nd! Absolutely incredible achievement in my opinion and we now get to lock horns with the big boys in the Champions League next season!

In my opinion I don't think there were many surprises in the end, with the only thing being how Liverpool only finished 10th, other than that I think it was a pretty standard season with the exception of us of course!

Awards

View attachment 411382

Good to see we got one player in the Team of the Year but think Sissoko got a bit screwed out of place due to Aguero and Rooney being chosen as best central midfielders... bit unfair! But still good to see!

Also Sissoko did come out with this soo...

View attachment 411381

I knew he would get something!

Other Leagues

Championship

View attachment 411389

So it will be Watford, Wigan and Leicester City who will be coming to join us in the Premier League next season and I cannot wait! (Leicester City fan haha) With Barnsley, Birmingham and Yeovil being sent down to League 1.

League 1

View attachment 411385

League 2

View attachment 411383
Cups

Capital One Cup

View attachment 411380

Of course we were the ones who went on to win the Capital One Cup! Woooo!

FA Cup

View attachment 411378

Arsenal went on to be Champions of the FA Cup and from things I was seeing it pretty much saved Wengers job.​

Last edited:
End of Season Review - Other

This update will of course include the information regarding winners of the other major cups and competitions in Europe.

Leagues

France - Ligue 1

View attachment 411375
Biggest surprise in this league was how poor PSG performed! Thought it would be a close thing between them and Monaco but Monaco ran away with it! So of course Laurent Blanc was sacked. Maybe some players would like to jump ship because they didn't do so well...? Shall have to have a look!

Germany - Bundesliga

View attachment 411374

Dortmund absolutely ran away with the title and won by 24 points which is incredible! Thought Bayern would be right up there and would be one that came right down to the end but obviously not!

Italy - Serie A

View attachment 411373

Thats more like it! Juventus and Fiorentina were fighting it out for the title for the entire season and I am sure Fiorentina will feel really hard done by! Good to see that Inter and AC were up there again... thought they would both be falling off the pace a bit but clearly not!

Spain - Liga BBVA

View attachment 411372
So the 3 teams I thought would be challenging for it did, and Real Madrid came out on top! Barcelona board weren't really happy about this as they sacked Martino! Although comparing the 2 squads Madrids is just incredible and probably the better of the 2... but still well done for Atletico for challenging for it! Of course Diego Costa getting top goalscorer which does not surprise me!

Cups

Champions League

View attachment 411368

Now because I wasn't involved in this I didn't know what was going on... but an all English final again! Nice! Hopefully we will be there next season! Haha. Also can't believe none of the other bigger teams made it to the Semis such as Bayern, Madrid, Barce etc. but Napoli and Leverkusen?! Incredible!

Europa Cup

View attachment 411367

This probably explains how come Fiorentina just missed out on winning Serie A... in all fairness I am not sure which I would prefer to win but at least they won something as they clearly deserve to!

--------------------------------------

So that ends all of my reviews for this season and it was a great season!

Next seasons aims are as follows:

- Challenge for the Premier League title
- Reach FA Cup Semi Final
- Reach Capital One Cup Semi Final
- Qualify through Champions League group stages

The next review I post will be regarding the start of pre-season where you shall see friendlies we have lined up and also the current squad we are heading into the new season with before we bring anyone in and I will also discuss possible transfers I will be looking for!

Award

Forgot that they didn't release these until the very end of the month and forgot to wait... but look who just got Young Player of the Month for May!

View attachment 411359

Rich Ingraaaaaam! What a whirlwind start to his career he has had! Hopefully this doesn't put too much pressure on him for next season as I have decided he WILL be staying and playing for us!​

Pre-Season & More Awards!

So here are our pre-season friendlies...

View attachment 411249

They are all teams who we should beat very easily! Could easily get at least 5 against the likes of SK Sturm Graz, Gubbio and Benevento and Gateshead and then still also be able to put 3 or 4 past Millwall. Hoffenheim and HSV will put up a fight but I still think we will be able to beat them easily.

------------------------------

Squad

View attachment 411334

So this is the squad we are heading into the new season with...

Well... can definitely see some places that need improving!

For a start with Distin and Coloccini starting to decrease now I could really do with 1 or 2 more players bringing in to beef up our defence!

Central Midfield is still looking good but could maybe do with another back up player... is not vital though.

Now one issue we have is that we only really have Sammy Ameobi who I want to keep that can play Left Wing so is a position we will definitely be looking at.

Upfront is a big issue... Remy's loan has finishing and Luuk de Jongs will soon finish as well leavin gus just with Gouffran and youngster Adam Campbell so a striker is a definite purchase required.

Awards

These are the awards from within the club...

View attachment 411333

So I definitely agree with our best 11 for last season! And to be quite honest that is usually the team that I would put out as well.

Also there is one more award for the Fans' Player of the Year which goes to...

View attachment 411332

Hatem Ben Arfa!

Definitely deserves this as he was just fantastic last season! But I am sure Sissoko came a very close 2nd and it is not surprise that I have already bids for Ben Arfa of 25 Million +... all turned down of course!

Next update will be end of pre-season!​

Last edited:
World Cup

So lets see how everyone faired shall we...

View attachment 411211

So unsuprisingly Germany, who were one of the favourites before the tournament began ran out winners, with Spain losing in the final.

England did okay I suppose... managed to reach the quarter finals before being knocked out where Lionel Messi scored the winner (He got the golden boot) and also the goal he scored against us was voted the goal of the tournament so at least we didn't go out to some scrappy crappy goal!

Groups

View attachment 411210

View attachment 411209

So looking through the groups there weren't really any surprises... oh except Brazil didn't make it out of their group! Oh dear! Other than that everything looked pretty standard and in my opinion the surprise team of the tournament were Japan who did well to get out of their group but they were also 2-0 up in the game against us!

Next update will be regarding end of pre-season​

Last edited:
End of Pre-Season

View attachment 410842

Pretty happy with how pre-season went to be honest! Of course I can't show you the scorers because that would ruin the transfer window update! Fair few players have been brought in!

Of course slightly disappointed with the Millwall result... although a fair amount of our players were injured, or on international duty or knackered so I didn't play them. Same kind of thing with the Hoffenheim result but that wasn't such a disappointment as they are a pretty decent team.

Best result has to be the HSV game! Battered one of the best team in Germany so cannot complain about that!

Next update will be about transfers!

Club News

So we have had a few new events occur within the club that I thought I should share... so first of all:

View attachment 409999

I requested to the club to expand the stadium as we are a currently easily filling our current stadium size and with us now playing in Europe and our reputation growing it is certain that more people will come and watch us! So the stadium is being increased by around 7000 seats so that is a lot more people who can come watch us develop and grow to what we should be! One of the best teams in Europe!

So it wasn't long ago that I was actually offered a new contract due to my last one not having long left to run... but it was only extended for another year so I decided to go to the board and request a new longer contract!

View attachment 409998

View attachment 409997

Of course Mike Ashley is very pleased I accepted his new contract! So I got a bit of a pay rise but the main thing is now is that I have a contract until 2017! Only thing I care about in a contract is the length as when I go to a club I want to be around for a while and don't like the idea of possibly leaving a club without it being my choice!​

Last edited:
Cup Draws

Champions Cup

So the draw for the Champions Cup has been done... and holy **** this is one of, if not the hardest group draw we could of had!

View attachment 409991

So first of all we have Dortmund... the team who ran away with the German League last season and are currently the best team in Germany!

Then there is Porto, they came 2nd last season as Benfica ran away with the title in Portugal but they are still a **** of a team!

Finally the 3rd team we will have to face is Ajax. They won the league last season and are definitely the best team in Holland.

So it is easy for me to say that we are going to have play very well and fight for it in every game for us to even stand a chance of us qualifying, which is my aim! Going to be a good test for whether we deserve to be in Europe though!

Other Groups

View attachment 409989

View attachment 409988

My Predictions:

Group A:

WinnerDortmund
Runner UpNewcastle United

Group B:

WinnerJuventus
Runner UpAtletico

Group C:

WinnerReal Madrid
Runner UpFiorentina

Group D:

WinnerChelsea
Runner UpLeverkusen

Group E:

WinnerFC Bayern
Runner UpAS Monaco FC

Group F:

WinnerMan Utd
Runner UpInter Milan

Group G:

WinnerBarcelona
Runner UpMan City

Group H:

WinnerPSG
Runner UpBenfica

League Cup

So the draw for the League Cup 3rd round has been made... and what are the odds of this!

View attachment 409979

Sunderland! What are the odds that we would have been drawn against our Tyne-wear derby rivals! Of course they were relegated last season so without a cup tie we wouldn't have played them this season so I am so glad that this has happened! Get to give our rivals a good spanking and get money for it!​

Last edited: