A New Man On Tyneside - A Newcastle United Story

Transfers

So its here! The summer transfer window has closed and there has been a fair bit of transfer activity at the club! So lets get down to it!

View attachment 409626

7 players in and 28 players out! Lots of transfer activity at the club and some of the players we have brought in I can't wait to see in action for us! Lets see who is wearing the black and white for Newcastle then shall we!

------------------------------

So with Remy and Luuk de Jongs loans ending I decided it was vital I brought in a few strikers to bulk up my forwards as at the start of the window all we had was Campbell and Gouffran who definitely wouldn't be up to it.

So this was the first guy we brought in:

View attachment 409623

View attachment 409621

Kevin Volland

He is one of the best young strikers around and when I saw he was available for just 12.75 Million I jumped at the chance and picked him up before anyone else could! Definitely going to be my main striker for the season and I am definitely sure he will be banging in the goals for us for many years to come as I definitely won't be wanting to sell him!

The 2nd man brought in was brought in for the same reason as Volland as we needed more capable strikers at the club and although he didn't have a good time at Sunderland I still believe he has what it takes:

View attachment 409620

View attachment 409617

Fabio Borini

Good young striker who will be back up to Volland. Very good to bring in as he can also provide cover for me in all attacking positions and was also very cheap at 2.5 Million as Liverpool transfer listed him! Their loss as I am sure he will come up good for us!

This transfer was one I wanted to happen for a long time but of course I waited until the end of the season to have it sorted due to being able to get him cheaper due to his contract having ended! Also with us selling the likes of Gutierrez, Obertan and Ferguson I really needed someone in who could make Left Wing position his own!

View attachment 409614

View attachment 409616

Tom Ince

So we managed to bring in a future England star in my opinion! Tom Ince is a player who I believe can definitely cut it in the Premier League and I am sure he will also be able to play in Europe! Also sure he can definitely make the Left Wing position his own for many years to come!

Another answer to the striker problem as another guy I waited to bring in at the end of last season due to his contract running out!

View attachment 523061

View attachment 409613

Matej Vydra

Even though he wasn't that prolific last season for West Brom (7 goals in 18 games) I still think he is going to develop into a great player and will get even better! Will be 3rd choice behind Borini but he also can cover every attacking position as well which is good of course!

With Distin aging it only really left us with 3 centre backs; Coloccini, Yanga Mbiwa and Gomez so really needed to bring someone else in:

View attachment 409611

View attachment 409610

Stefano Denswil

Holy **** what a great young player this guy is! And I couldn't believe it when I managed to get him for just 3.5 Million! Definitely going to be playing regularly for us this season and I can even see him pushing Coloccini out the squad!

Brought in more as a back up as I thought we could do with another player to cover the central midfielder position:

View attachment 409607

View attachment 409606

Amidu Salifu

Good young player who has really only been brought in as back up so unless we have any serious injuries I can't really see him featuring for us, but if he does get to play and impresses me he may get a permanent move next summer!

With Obertan, Marveaux and Gouffran leaving it only really left us with Ingram as a natural central attacking midfielder so thought I would bring in another wonderkid who will be great for us this season I am sure!

View attachment 409605

View attachment 409603

Ryan Gauld

One of the best prospects for the future I was fighting it out with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd for this guy! A Scotland International at just 18 shows his talent and he will be rotated with Ingram so they both get the experience they need but also he can play any attacking position as well so will get opportunities to play there as well.

So that brings the transfer activity for us to an end and this is the squad we will be heading into the new season with:

View attachment 409602

So even though it may not seem it I think our squad is definitely stronger than last season and I cannot see why we cant push for a title challenge! I am sure the likes of Denswil, Gauld and Volland are going to show us just why they are classed as future stars and will be great for us!

Other Transfers

June

View attachment 409600

July

View attachment 409598

August

View attachment 409597

September

View attachment 409596

August - The Season Begins!

View attachment 409578

View attachment 409576

View attachment 409575

MOTM: Vurnon Anita (Newcastle United)

This was a great game to kick off the season! We won and there was lots of action as well! We were the team who deserved to win as well as we were always the better team but 2-0 was probably also the right scoreline as Fulham did have their own chances.

View attachment 409572

View attachment 409571

MOTM: Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United)

It makes me sad to say that we did not deserve to win this or even get a draw but also deserved to lose a lot worse than this. We were appalling this game as we didn't have a chance through the entire first half and really should have lost by 3 or 4 goals. Suppose I can give the lads the benefit of the doubt as they are still learning to play together but still, we have the players that can perform to at least get a draw.

View attachment 409569

View attachment 409568

MOTM: Mayke (Newcastle United)

So the lads made up for their poor performance in the Utd game with an excellent one here! Dominated Villa from start to finish and really should have scored at least 3 goals! Just got to let Volland get used to English football I suppose but I am sure once he does he will start banging them all in!

League

View attachment 409562

So overall I can't really complain about the start to the month as they are probably results I would have expected as the Utd game was always going to be a hard one. Obviously sad we only sit in 9th but its just 3 games in and got a loooong way to go! Sad to see Leicester in the relegation zone though! (Leicester fan)

Best Player of August

View attachment 409556

Kevin Volland

Thought I would give it to this lad as he has a good start for us with 2 goals in 3 games, also both being great solo efforts, the Utd one out of nowhere to give us a chance and against the run of play and also being the winner against Villa so he is already showing he will be great for us!​

Loving the sign of Ryan Gauld, KIU

Cheers! Thought it would be a good idea to get some British talent in the squad and as he is one of the best around and needed a player in his position I thought why not!

Cheers! Thought it would be a good idea to get some British talent in the squad and as he is one of the best around and needed a player in his position I thought why not!
Have you looked at Souttar, Andrew Robertson and Ryan Dow at Dundee? They were all brilliant young players for me.

Have you looked at Souttar, Andrew Robertson and Ryan Dow at Dundee? They were all brilliant young players for me.

Yeah I have looked at Souttar and was very tempted but unfortunately Denswil was my preferred option! Definitely may be tempted to get him in January or the summer though.

Will have a look at Robertson and Dow, but unfortunately for Robertson I have Santon and Haidara so would be hard to get in the squad! Dow looks tempting though will keep an eye on him.

September

View attachment 409285

View attachment 409280

View attachment 409278

MOTM: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle United)

Pretty standard win as I put out a weaker side as Leicester were bottom and hadn't got a point yet so I thought we would easily be able to beat them. And we did, even though we should have really scored more than 1.

View attachment 409269

View attachment 409268

MOTM: Kevin Volland (Newcastle United)

So our first game in the group of death went brilliantly! Definitely much better than Ajax this game and their defence was pretty appalling which Volland took full advantage of! A mix up in defence allowed him in for the first goal and then poor marking let him escape to drill in a 20 yarder for the 2nd! He's off a firing already!

View attachment 409259

View attachment 409257

He's just proving he was worth the money already! Hat trick from the new man, all excellent team goals as well as we tore West Ham apart and showed why we are definitely going to be challenging for the title this year!

View attachment 409246

View attachment 409243

MOTM: Fabio Borini (Newcastle United)

What a great rival cup tie! 29 shots (24 ours!), 26 fouls, 6 yellow cards, a dodgy penalty decision, and a Newcastle win! Don't think it could have been much better! We will now go on to play away at Bournemouth in the 4th round... surely another win there!

View attachment 409232

View attachment 409230

MOTM: Tom Ince (Newcastle United)

And we end the month excellently! Literally destroyed Watford as we had 31 shots and 64% possession! Of course disappointed by them managing to score straight after we did but after that the players just didn't give Watford anything and they were just spending the whole game defending!

League

View attachment 409226

So we had literally the perfect month in the league! 3 wins out of 3, with us scoring 8 goals, conceding just 1 as we fly up to 4th! Volland clearly being the main reason for that as he is now the joint top goalscorer! Future looks good for Newcastle!

Champions League

View attachment 409223

So I was worrying about how we would be getting out of this group but after the Ajax game my worries have decreased slightly! After 1 game we sit top of table but we still have a long way to go! Just so happens that our first game of October is against Dortmund so this could all change veeeery quickly!

Best Player of September

View attachment 409218

Kevin Volland

How could I not choose him again?! 6 goals in 5 games, 1 assist and 2 Man of the Match awards. Such a good player for us already and I am definitely sure I will be choosing him again very soon!

My choice was also backed up by the fact he won Player of the Month award which I am sure he definitely deserved and will probably get again soon as well!

View attachment 409217

Apologies for not updating for a bit, laptop has been having a mardy lately and having problems playing fm but all sorted now and a new update shall be up soon!

October

View attachment 406921

View attachment 406915

View attachment 406914

MOTM: Moussa Sissoko (Newcastle United)

Just couldn't believe this! We beat one of the best teams in the world, and did it convincingly! Dortmund hardly had an eye on goal (4 shots) and we kept the game under control all game (58% possession)! Our chances of getting through the group stages are looking good!

View attachment 406912

View attachment 406911

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

Wigan were always going to be the weaker team in this game and it was definitely true as we dominated them all game and gave them no room to move! Our midfield was excellent this game and controlled the tempo of the match, especially Gauld who got 2 assists this game!

View attachment 406905

View attachment 406903

Nice to see that even my 2nd string can play well and win games! Team consisted of some back up and younger players and even though we only scored 1 we played Palace off the park! 17 shots to 7, 61% possession and 7 corners looks good! Only problem is we only had 2 clear cut chances which is something we may need to work on in the future if it continues.

View attachment 406897

View attachment 406896

MOTM: Hatem Ben Arfa (Newcastle United)

The great performances in Europe continue as we were the much better team all game with the majority of the ball all game and definitely deserved the win and to score 4 goals. But Porto did probably deserve the 2 goals as they did manage to make themselves some really good chances out of nothing! Going strong at the moment!

View attachment 406888

View attachment 406886

Put Villas-Boas (Arsenal Manager) in his place with this result as he was talking about the youth in our side and how Arsenal would give us no chance but right from the start Arsenal were on the back foot and we definitely deserved the win as we destroyed them and even should have probably scored 3 or 4! Up yours Andre!

View attachment 406885

View attachment 406884

MOTM: Elliott Ward (Bournemouth)

Even though we won this was one of our worst performances this season! Bournemouth were probably the better team this game and they definitely to at least go to extra time. Will put it down to that I played a very weak squad with none of my first team playing, but we still got the win and will be going on to play away at West Ham in the Quarter Final!

League

View attachment 406882

So they great form in the league continues as we are putting serious pressure on Chelsea already and it really does look like it will be us 2 who will be fighting it out for the title this season! And looking at the stats we are definitely there due to the goals from Volland who has 9 in 9 in the league so far!

Champions Cup

View attachment 406879

So after initially thinking we would struggle in the league, after the first 3 games, we are top having won all 3 and are 6 points clear of 3rd! At the moment it definitely looks like we will be going onto the knock-out stages unless we majorly mess it up!

Best Player of October

View attachment 406878

Moussa Sissoko

There was a few players I wanted to choose such as Volland and Gauld, but I believe Sissoko deserved it as he gets 3 goals, 2 assists and 1 MOTM award and he is hopefully getting back to the form he was playing at this time last season!​

One of the most incredible games will be in the next update as we get our biggest ever win under my management against one of the best teams in the world! Cant wait to show you!

November

View attachment 406743

View attachment 406742

View attachment 406741

MOTM: Seamus Coleman (Everton)

Even though it was through 2 own goals we did still deserve to lose this game as we were absolutely shocking and probably should have been beaten by more. Was not happy after this and gave the players a bollocking!

View attachment 406740

View attachment 406739

Seems like the bollocking for the Everton result didn't have much of an effect for the first half as we should have really gone in 1 or 2 goals down! But gave them an inspiring speech at half time which clearly worked as we went out and destroyed Porto in the 2nd half! I never realised this but because we won...

View attachment 406738

We had done enough to qualify for the knockout rounds! Wooo!

View attachment 406737

View attachment 406736

No you aren't seeing things... we really did beat Chelsea 7-0!!! The thing is... based on the stats it was more of an even game! The only difference was we literally took every chance we got... as we only had 10 shots! Was the best performance we have ever made and lowest rating for us was 7.9 which is just incredible!

View attachment 406733

View attachment 406732

MOTM: Santiago Vergini (West Brom)

We really should have won this... we only lost because Vergini (MOTM) was in incredible form this game and literally did everything he could to stop us from scoring, and he managed it! Although another issue is that we only had 4 of our 18 shots on target. Seems that we got all our shots on target and goals out in the game against Chelsea!

View attachment 406731

View attachment 406730

MOTM: Nicolai Boilesen (Ajax)

Seeing as we were already through, I decided to give some of the back up players a chance to play in Europe and they did excellently! 25 shots for us and just 2! Thats right, 2 shots! For Ajax! And 58% possession so it really was a one sided game! Shots on target issue arising again this game with just 5... may have to look into that.

View attachment 406729

View attachment 406728

MOTM: Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa (Newcastle United)

This was a very end to end and even game, and on another day it could have been just like the Chelsea game... but could have gone either way! Yet again we had the issue of poor shots on target as we managed just 3 of our 11 shots. Hope this improves next month!

League

View attachment 406727

So other than the incredible Chelsea win... we had a pretty poor month in the league as we won 1, drew 2 and lost 1... this is pretty poor form for us! But, the good thing is the incredible amount of goals scored has greatly increased our goal difference and is the reason we are 1st, as we are top by +5 goal difference! Hopefully we can try to stay in this position for the rest of the season!

We have also been drawn against Liverpool away at Anfield in the FA Cup 3rd Round!

Champions Cup

View attachment 406723

So this is incredible! At the start of the season I didn't think we would be able to, but we managed to make it through to the group stages with incredible form as we have won 5 of our 5 games so far and we are hoping to make it a full house when we play Dortmund in the final group game in December!

Best Player of November

View attachment 406719

Moussa Sissoko

How could I not give it to him! 5 goals in 6 games (all in 2 games but still!) and no one really performed well in the other games and seeing as he also got 2 assists and 2 MOTM awards it really does seem like he is back to last season excellent form! YES!​

December

View attachment 405811

View attachment 405810

View attachment 405809

Incredibly dominant win as we battered Cardiff all game and could have definitely got 5 or 6 goals! Obviously disappointed we conceded a dodgy own goal as we really deserved the clean sheet due to them only managing 2 shots all game, but still an incredibly dominant win to be happy with!

View attachment 405808

View attachment 405807

MOTM: Takashi Inui (Southampton)

Very disappointed with this as this game really should have been a draw as it was a very end to end even game! But on another day it could have easily been us that won the game, of course it does not help that they won the game from quite a late goal! Annoying!

View attachment 405806

View attachment 405805

So we came down to our final group gaming, knowing we were already through so I decided to play a slightly weaker side, and they still performed excellently! We destroyed the German Champions and complete played them off the park! At home as well which just makes the win even better!

View attachment 405804

View attachment 405803

So this game, statistically deserved to be a draw but we were the team who were much better at finishing and were able to put our shots away! Although if it was like our finishing last month we could have easily lost this and scored 0! Good to see our finishing has improved!

View attachment 405802

View attachment 405801

MOTM: Davide Santon (Newcastle United)

So the Capital One Cup isn't really much of an aim for me win at the moment as I would rather focus on the league and Champions League so I decided to field a weaker side, who still managed to put in an incredible performance and get us a great win, as West Ham had no chance! We are now through to the Semi Finals where we will be playing Stoke City... will probably play a weaker side in those 2 legs also!

View attachment 405800

View attachment 405799

MOTM: Andre Hahn (Newcastle United)

This was always going to be a tough game and I am so glad we managed to come out with the win as we were actually the 2nd best side this game! We had to sit back and take the pressure from Liverpool for the majority of the game but we still managed to make our few chances count!

View attachment 405798

View attachment 405797

So this was a very disappointing result as we definitely should have got the win this game! We controlled the entire game but unfortunately for us our finishing went to pot this game and only managed 3 of our 17 shots on target!

View attachment 405795

View attachment 405794

MOTM: Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur)

GOD DAMMIT. Our finishing really has gone downhill as we had 30 shots this game! Thats right! 30! And we managed just 12 on target and still didn't manage to score! Their players didn't even perform that well as Vertonghen still only got a rating of 7.4! Was not happy after this game!

League

View attachment 405793

So we are now in what looks like a 4 way battle for 1st place... and we currently sit in 3rd! Although if our finishing was actually good in the last couple of games and we would have won them we would be 4 points clear! But still only half way through the season which is plenty of time for us to get 1st place and then keep it!

Champions League

View attachment 405792

So when the groups were first drawn I thought it was going to be really hard and that we probably wouldn't actually manage to make it through to the knockouts! But we performed excellently as we won every game and most of them dominantly!

And the draw has been made for the knockouts...

View attachment 405791

Yep. We have been drawn against Barcelona... now that is going to be an incredibly hard game to win! We are going to have to be on top form to have any chance of progressing. Some of the other games like they will be good ties such as Monaco vs Madrid and PSG vs Man City!

View attachment 405790

Mayke

So this was another hard to choice as it could have easily gone to the likes of Ben Arfa, Hahn or Sissoko but I chose Mayke as he has come in excellently and taken first choice from Debuchy and he has been performing very well and also consistently! Also contributed this month with 2 assists in the Stoke game. Very pleased with this guys progress and I am sure he will be 1st choice for the a while yet!

Next Update

So as it is now January the next update will be the transfer update!

Thought I would let you know I have already tied up some deals for some excellent players, coming in now and at the end of the season!​

Fantastic achievement in Europe mate, 6 out of 6 is impressive especially against those sides...keep it up and already looking forward to the next update...Add me on steam dean_bcfc thanks

Fantastic achievement in Europe mate, 6 out of 6 is impressive especially against those sides...keep it up and already looking forward to the next update...Add me on steam dean_bcfc thanks

Cheers! Was absolutely incredible and couldn't believe how well we played in some of the games! Think Barcelona is going to be a huge ask though!

Will do :)

Transfers

So after a few months have passed and we are now half way through the season, it gave me a chance to see which positions needed improving and also players who I wanted to get rid of due to them not featuring in my plans.

I managed to achieve all my aims in this window and also have a few things planned for next season already!

January

View attachment 405658

So I was just scouting around during December at some of the younger players around and found this guy...

(Regen so no pic!)

View attachment 405657

Florijan Datkovic

At just 16 this guy already looks incredible! As soon as I saw him I just had to have him and I think I got one **** of a bargain at just 650k! Saw that there was interest in him from Barcelona, Dortmund, Juventus and a few other teams so got this tied up as quickly as I could! He has already played 2 games for us and isn't doing too bad! Definitely going to be a future star for us I am sure!​

Sergi Gomez only made 2 appearances for us so far this season and he wasn't getting the experience to develop so thought it would be best if he left and I was happy we managed to make a decent profit on him! But this left me with just 3 centre backs so thought it would be best to bring someone else in. Then I saw this guy was going quite cheaply and made it my aim to make sure I would get him!

View attachment 405656

View attachment 405655

Eder Alvarez Balanta

So I needed a cheap, young, quality centre back... and how could I not go for this guy! At just 5 million he was an absolute bargain as he is already nearly worth double that! At just 21 he is a class player and I am sure he will be here for a long time to see and I can definitely see a future partnership of Balanta and Denswil being formed!​

Future

Of course as it is January it means some players only have 6 months left on their contracts and are available on a free in the summer.

View attachment 405654

When I saw these 2 players available on a free in the summer I just could not turn down the opportunity to bring them in!​

View attachment 405653

View attachment 405652

Ante Coric

Saw this guy and just had to bring him in! Great young attacking midfielder with great potential and in my opinion is great to be bringing in on a free! Will most likely be loaned out for a couple of seasons, especially due to us already having the likes of Ingram and Sissoko playing in his position, he would not get a chance but I am sure he will feature for us in the future!​

I just could not believe I could get this guy for free!

View attachment 405651

View attachment 405650

Marc-Andre ter Stegen

I got this guy... for free. Thats right! I have managed to bring in one of, if not the best potential goalkeepers in the world! Already an incredible player and in my opinion will definitely go on to be one of the best in the world! And will be playing for us next season! He will definitely be my 1st choice keeper next season so unless Krul is willing to be 2nd choice he will be on his way in the summer! Cannot wait to have this guy in our team!

Other Transfers

View attachment 405658

View attachment 405649

January

View attachment 405399

View attachment 405398

View attachment 405397

This was a great game with lots of action and plenty of goals which made it a great cup game! Very even game with it being very end to end but due to the draw we now have to replay them, but it will be at home, which is always good!

View attachment 405396

View attachment 405395

MOTM: Stefano Denswil (Newcastle United)

This was a pretty even game and probably deserved to be a draw as each of us had periods in which we were in control, and I actually though Stoke would get an equaliser after the red card as they really started to hammer us hard but we held strong and get to go into the 2nd leg with a 1-0 advantage!

View attachment 405394

View attachment 405393

MOTM: Nicklas Helenius (Aston Villa)

I was very annoyed with this result and it is easy to see why seeing as they scored 2 goals quite late in the game! We were also the better team for the majority of the game and we even had a last minute goal ruled out for offside which apparently was a controversial decision! Really should have come away with 3 points this game.

View attachment 405392

View attachment 405391

So of course we performed a lot better at home as we dominated Liverpool all game and probably could have beaten them by 3 or 4! But 2 goals is more than enough for my liking as we are now through to the 4th round where will be at home to Millwall!

View attachment 405390

View attachment 405389

MOTM: Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

We deserved to lose this game as Rooney ran the show for United! As soon as we scored our goal Utd kicked it up a gear and dominated us for the rest of the game and to be honest we were quite lucky we conceded just 2 goals!

View attachment 405388

View attachment 405387

MOTM: Andre Hahn (Newcastle United)

The only difference between the two sides this game was that we could actually made something and could actually finish our chances! It was pretty even and I actually thought it was going to be quite even but we were able to get the goals we needed to ensure we embarrassed Stoke and booked our place in the Final at Wembley where we will be playing Man Utd! Hopefully get some payback for the league defeat!

View attachment 405386

View attachment 405385

MOTM: Ryan Gauld (Newcastle United)

I was actually quite disappointed with this... I played a weaker side including the younger players and half of the team was actually under the age of 22 and we dominated them completely! We absolutely tore them apart and I am slightly disappointed that we only managed to score 2 goals! But still we now get to go through to the next round where we will be playing away at Wigan!

View attachment 405384

View attachment 405383

MOTM: Liam Moore (Leicester City)

So after they performed so well in the last game I decided to give the younger side a go at the bottom team in the Premier League and the poor finishing came back to bite us in the ***! We had 19 shots but just 4 on target and really should have beaten Leicester as it was easy to see why they are bottom as they really were poor... except Moore who had an excellent game and was probably another reason why we struggled to score another! Also I am a Leicester fan so kind of glad we didn't spank them in some aspects!

View attachment 405382

View attachment 405381

So we end the month with another great dominant win where we could actually finish! If we couldn't finish it most likely would have ended up a draw as it was quite even in that aspect, but we could and came out with a good win!

League

View attachment 405380

So in the league we actually had a pretty bad month as we lost 1, drew 2 and won 1, and as a result we have now dropped down to 4th and if United win their game in hand then we will be 7 points behind 3rd! Looks like we may be out of the race for the title and are now going to have to fight it out to ensure we get a spot in the Champions League for next season!

But we still have opportunities for other silverware as we are in the final of the Capital One Cup, 5th Round of the FA Cup and in the 1st Knockout round of the Champions League, so there are still chances for us!

Best Player of January

View attachment 405379

Kevin Volland

The German was out for 5 weeks and only came back at the end of December, and it was good to see he was back to scoring form during January as he scored 8 goals in 9 games, got 2 assists and also got 2 MOTM awards which he definitely deserved! Good to see that we have a man who can score 20+ goals a season for us!​

Adam, i am thoroughly enjoying your NUFC advantage. I'm a big NUFC and about to kick off my save tonight. Please keep us updated on your journey.

Adam, i am thoroughly enjoying your NUFC advantage. I'm a big NUFC and about to kick off my save tonight. Please keep us updated on your journey.

Cheers! Well I hope you get as much success with your save as I have so far! Usually do an update every other day and will be doing Februarys later on when I am home from Uni :)

Cheers Adam - one question re. your tactics, are these based on pre-existing tactics or have you built these from scratch? What made you go with 4-2-3-1? Have to admit i've struggled with tactics on this version - did you have to do a lot of playing around to get something which worked? Personally, i prefer a 4-4-2 formation but have yet to find one which agrees.

Cheers Adam - one question re. your tactics, are these based on pre-existing tactics or have you built these from scratch? What made you go with 4-2-3-1? Have to admit i've struggled with tactics on this version - did you have to do a lot of playing around to get something which worked? Personally, i prefer a 4-4-2 formation but have yet to find one which agrees.

I built this tactic in a previous save I had and it took me around a season to tweak it to get it to what it is now.

In my previous save I was spurs and 4231 is a tactic which suits them very well due to the players they have, so thought I would try to apply it to Newcastle and due to the players they have, Sissoko, Ben Arfa etc. it fits really well to the squad and now obviously I bring in transfers to suit the needs of the tactic.

And yes it did take me a while to get it to work as it entirely depends upon the squad you are using, whether they have the ability to play quick passing football style.

It does take a while to get used to how to use tactics but if you cant find one then I advise looking at some of the tactics you can download on here as I have used a few of them and they have turned out to be quite good!

Hope I have helped :)