Are You Paranoid To Sign A 30 Year Old Player?

Would you sign a player above the age of 30?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ive only signed one 32 year old which is deco who has good stats for a free transfer><

I sign regardless the age when im low league, but you also get old strikers that can finish as in the case of Ronaldo (Brazilian) he may not be quick but hes a good finisher if you can afford a pacey striker with him there no problem if hes played in support is there? its just getting a pacey striker :) they are rare :L

I have never signed a player over 29 in the EPL apart from Deco on a free as he always produces the goods. I love to look towards younger players and rely on my current older players to do the job. The only case in which I would sign an older player in the EPL would be if it was absolutely necessary. I have to agree with FourFourTwo. ^^) (Accidentally said 'yes' on poll) :$

I sign any aged players for low league but for a mid table prem team i would defo sign David Beckham
Ronaldinho

Ronaldo
Andrea Pirlo
Michael Ballack

even tho they are getting older they are still class players wiv lots and lots of experiance :)

Young players with good stats are always far more expensive than old players with similar stats so why not have a few golden oldies?

Depends on the player. Some are worth it. Have signed Riquelme several times for example.

Basically if you are desperate to get money for them in the end, don't sign them.

Their Value doesnt really matter once in our team, Scholes, Giggs and Beckham are all worth next to ****** all, but can do a job. And Totti is pretty awesome for 33... Also good for mentoring younger players...

Its all about that stats and experience, I spend more on younger players because they can improver, but like having the experience around! :p

as long as i get them for free, i dont mind signing them. it acutally helps in squad rotation.

newly promoted to the prem i signed deco on a free.

with a few other signings (Jo, Mensah & Rajkovic being the main) i finished 13th, got 19 million to spend, signed & Vagner love and just kicked off the new season with a 1-0 win over Man Utd, and deco is still probably my best midfielder..... although i have just bought matthias fernandez from sporting who looks a bit good

If I buy a player over 30, I give them shorter contracts as they won't be of much use in a couple of years. I like them for impact subs etc. but in general I like to stick to my youth signings. Also I usually play a quick tempo and the older guys struggle but I said yes to the poll. Deco, Viera, Marcos Senna, Luca Toni etc. are still top players.

Beckham and fat Ronaldo for Birmingham City.
Quality signings.

Personally, yes - if they have the quality then why should age be a barrier? Also, they are great for tutoring youngsters as well and finally they may move into a coaching role.

I can see your points, I don't tend to go for players in there 30's because they've usually had a very fulfilling career so they demand quite high wages where as I could get maybe two players of the same ability for a cheaper price on cheaper wages and could develop into a better player or pocess the same of a 30 years old I was going to sign, personally, I tend to buy players who will have a good sell on value and 30+ doesn't fit into that bracket.

The good thing about over 30's is some of their technical attributes in particular go up, like first touch and technique, and also mental attributes, like anticipation and concentration. Take Rivaldo, he is 37 at the start but loads of his attributes are very good.

Deco preformed well the first seasom on my Chelsea save so gave him a short contract, 1,5 year... And he still preforming well when he gets to play. :p

i often buy youngsters just like duncan g but i have no problem with the old people AS LONG AS THEIR FREE

I do, depending on what club and which league I am in. They are good for tutoring the younger players aswell. I have got Emerson(ex Real Madrid) tutoring a 17yr old DM, and his stats are a **** of a lot higher.

I only ever signed Sol Campbell, and that put me off the over 30's :S

Players like Deco or Beckham can make the difference even with 30years old, Patrick Vieira is a GOD on his position.

I think that Buffon has 30+ or maybe not xD either way he can be the best.

Ronaldo and Toni in the attack whould be awesome ^^