Are You Paranoid To Sign A 30 Year Old Player?

Would you sign a player above the age of 30?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, as for me I got Ruud Van Nistelrooy on a free transfer. And he did not made a good impact at all.. Then, I put him in the reserves but still he has not scored any and his average rating was around 6..
For me, I always target those around 20's since they improved through the games.. I would not sign players that are above than 25 cause I like long term team bulding.. That's for me though..

And well yeah, Im paranoid to sign those who are over 30's.. :D

I never sign over 30's. I rather look for cheap youngsters to mould into great players. Cost less, demand les wages and have a much higher sell value.

I buy them and love getting them on frees. It doesn't bother me.
same here. i love over 30s you can get um cheap and renegotiate their contract every year for less and less wages. in FM 07 i signed 32 y/o Kaka to a very cheap 'rotation' role on my Villa team and he ended up being a key part of my team and helped me win 2 champions league titles. you can get an over 30 player with great attributes to be a backup/rotation player on your team. u can usually get um for cheaper wages and they are usually happy playing a limited role. i love um

I'm Birmingham City, and I signed both Beckham and Ronaldo. I personally have no problem signing players over the age of 30. There is a cut off point for me though. Over the age of 33/34 I tend to avoid sign.

If im a big team then i am paranoid but with a lower league team sometimes the golden oldies are the only decent players available

no i got david beckham in me chelsea team with lampard polombo and ballack and won cl lol

beat the ***** real madrid

I got RVN for 1m! Him and Owen kept Rooney and Dzeko out of the team....Banging them in. As long as they have a good natural fitness stat....get them in!

i sign over 30 years old players sometimes, but wont buy them for skyhigh price, max for a couple millions

CHECK MY STORY AND LEAVE A COMMENT

I'm being distracted by Anderson's army march. ^^)

if I buy, I would look for the qualities that are lacking in my squad..and the technical ability since I reckon the technical stats are the slowest to "degrade" in the game. So far I only bought Beckham and Vieira and they turned out to be good buy! by the way, I've discovered a way to buy brilliant players at a cheap. hint: player exchange. I bought ribery for 3.9mil and exchanged ben foster! then sakho will always take me many many millions..I bought him for less than 5 million with exchange for cleverly and caighcart. akinfeev for 5 mil by trading in Gibson.. thing is..you must have the players they're interested in also! cheers!

I only really sign Kikin when im a low prem team, but if im a Championship or lower team i would sign anyone who is decent regradless of his age.

Another one i'm not so sure about to sign - Patrick Viera.
i always sign him if im a uefa cup team... great anchor man and captain. but really hes a 1 season option. u need to use him first season to push for champs league or secure ur european spot so u dont get sacked then use second season to sign someone more versatile.

I depends who i'm playing as for me..If i'm someone really rich like city, or another really big european club I tend not to buy older players, as I have the money to buy youngens..but if i'm not such a good team, over 30s are good players, available for lower prices...I bought old ronaldo when I was udinese, and he was great there, second highest scorer in league...

everyone is forgetting about Habib, and I dont like it

there is no substitute for experience!! <)
for my Deportivo save i have bought Ronaldo 12games 9 gls, Denilson (Aml) free playing well, Frederico Vilar - doing a good job, let in some goals though! Jorge Andrade - free 12games 5 goals playing **** well!
Tobias Linderoth - Dmc holding Midfield well, scored goal of the season!

i like a good mixture of experience and youth, got Guardado, Di Maria, Adrian, Vukcevic and Felipe in my squad!

team doing quite well :D

i was contemplatin making a "Golden Oldies" shortlist, if anyone is keen let me know and i will gladly make one!! Peace

Yeah I agree with the above post I think blending youth and experience in the squad is vital.

I normally would not buy an aging player, but I do agree t the past two posts.
The older players are needed as they may not have the best physical stats but make up for it with there mental qualities!

Depends on:
a) what positions I need to strengthen.
b) money I have available.
c) what I can get for that money.

I'm not going to sign him if i've got enough players, he will just take playing time away from a younger player who could improve with the extra playing time. But then if they fill a hole and allow money to be spent strengthening other parts of the team then why not.

Can also be useful for giving that young player a extra year or two of development without having to put them into every big game in which they might struggle, could also provide a mentor to help develop the youth.

Beckham was awesome ... :p
I sign RvN on my Racing team (2nd season) from free transfer ... Not bad, but i just give him 1 year contract. after that i just release him to free transfer ...
Then the next season i sing Thierry Henry (free transfer) ... :p
I think they can be an useful backup ...