Are You Paranoid To Sign A 30 Year Old Player?

Would you sign a player above the age of 30?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got Beckham for Sunderland once and he was top class. I think all the players on your list would be good buys for most teams and great cover for the top teams. You need experience in your team and big name players like Pirlo bring in extra revenue and the fans love it.

i buy players over 34 to milan.
i dont let em play at first team they retire and become coaches and i sign them if they have good stats. :D

if i ever do a save with a championship or lower team i always buy Daniel Imhof , he is immense at DM and can be signed for £0 :D

I spent 40m on Maicon and 15m on Xavi who were over 30 however, I made massive losses on both because after 3 seasons their value had decreased dramatically. They were both quite good (average rating over 7).

Is it money well spent?

yeah i sign them to tutor my young players ... for my At.Madid game i have signed Marcos senna so he can tutor Camacho

I will rarely spend money on players aged over 29. For me it depends on the club and budget. I will sometimes look to bring in an older player such as pasenen who can help you if you are a mid table side and dont have much money. I spent 22m on palombo(28yrs) and even this didn't feel right.

To archieve all at a club, u should combine the young and the old!The fresh young players and the experienced veterans!

No im not if they are Riquelme,Beckham,Ronaldinho,Olic,Simunic and similar!

I usually draw the line at around 26 sounds a bit ridiculous i know but my policy is mainly to sign youngsters and develop them or decent players who are yet to reach their peak.

I will only sign players that old on free. But i sell my players when they are 30 to get some money back...

I don't go above 25... Usually 22 and under

a little necroposting there fourfourtwo??? (K) (search my Golden Oldie Shortlist for a laugh too)

I had to google what necroposting meant. 8-|

And possibly there was a small amount of that, but i'm sure he was sitting anxiously at his computer waiting for my reply. ^^)

I've had a 33 year old Forlan score 99 goals in 1 season.

I brought Ashley Cole for £11million @ the age of 32 and he has done an amazing job down the left in his firsy season - has an average rating of 7.8

Stats degen depends on the training regime used - Sfrasers's training tactic really helps the slow down of stat decline - in some cases older players keep improving using his regimes. If an older player can stay injury free and is playing a good amount of games IMO they can play at the highest level until they are 36 or so.

I agree with Mr. Wenger when it comes to Football Manager. I get more excitement our of buying younger players & watching them develop & grow in both Stats & Value.
Only if I was lacking funds or a smaller team do I sign them.
Yet in the real world, I wouldnt say no to real class player despite age with players like Ronaldinho, Nesta & Buffon etc.....

Actually, if I am at a small team, I can sign a player over 33 years old.
But if I built a good team, I don't go under 24 years old.