Are You Paranoid To Sign A 30 Year Old Player?

Would you sign a player above the age of 30?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The main reasons why people dont buy players of that age group is:
1.No fitness, pace is gone.
2.Fitness levels cause injuries very often.

I dont see any other reason why you wouldnt want to buy a "Veteran" unless his fitness is horrible.
Usually the ones worthy of buying would have some expertise. Players like Ruud Van Nistlerooy,Del Piero, Francesco Totti are excellent players, despite their age. Del piero might not have the horsepower that Walcott has but he has the Technique and Finishin/First touch that walcott will only dream of having.

Also i buy players who are "off their prime years" to cope with injuries. Ironic since these players get injured easily but when you buy a player of that age he will be relatively cheap, transfer fees wise and contract wise, Nistlerooy's salary was even lower than Welbecks in 2011 for me. They dont moan as much as the other players when left on the bench, especially when you put them as Rotation player. Overall a 30 year old player would be a good signing, only the experts though.

In my last season as Juventus i signed Luca Toni from Bayern for £3m scored a heap a forward doesn't need much pace when you play him as a Poacher he will bang goals in when he has a good supporting forward such as Amauri :)

Riquelme is the prime example of older players being able to do a job on FM10. I normally avoid older players, but with the right stats and value, they can change your season. Get him on long shots often, and your laughing!

I never sign a player over 27 as a major replacement for my team so for instance I bought Deco but I bought him to replace Mendes and only really played 15 games and sold him on after getting him on a free.

I'll Buy them if I'm a smaller club, they are on a free or extremely cheap, and they give something to my team. Usually players who are very good at something eg. clinical finishing, good free kicks or corners. But there are some players who I would sign just because of their physical stats for example Ivica Olic, pace 19 at the age of the 32. Unfortunately I couldn't sign him because of the main problem with these oldies, their wage demands are very high. On my game Vieira was on 180 000 p/w deal and unregistered for first team football at Inter.

I allways have at least 2 players around 30s cause i hate having just a bunch of kids playing for me. Every team needs someone with experience so 1 of my defenders and 1 of my centre mid is 29-34 years old

My idea of experience is a 28 year old. I love having youngsters who become immense players not oldies who get worse with every game they play. XD

If the players is truly world class then of course,

but i refuse to pay over 15m for one

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I'm chelsea in my 4th season and i think i have the perfect blend of age and youth though

Cech
Bosingwa Papastathopolous Terry Cole

Essien
Lampard Mikel
Gourcuff

Aguero Dzeko

I don't mind getting over 30's on free transfers as shart term help but would never pay another club for a player, that by next season, wouldn't cut the mustard.

I tend to only sign players under 25, gotta think for the future, but when doing LLM, anyones good

because i playing as chievo i dont have much transfer budget...
i sign andreade and viduka for first team in first season (also vieri for backup) and they have a good impact^^
finished 7th on first season, viduka score 9 goals (in serie A only) and bunch of good assist for pellissier

maybe 30 years old player is not so bad choice...

For Spurs in the first season i bought Gilberto Silva (32 years old) and he was my player of the season, second season half way through, my top goalscorer is a 37 year old Fillipo Inzaghi with 19 goals in 24 matches, i also bought David Beckham, even though he doesnt fit well into my formation, whenever he plays he'll always bang in a freekick, create a glorious corner or get an assist.

I avoid anyone over 28, unless they are a good backup player and don't cost the earth....it also depends on the market....but I stick to my young guns whenever poss!!!

You gotta speculate to accumulate! (H)

I always sign them for my first season. I usually play with league 2-championship teams, and in the first season they don't give you a great amount of money, so I start looking for people from South America, or free agents. Then on the second season I start selling them, or loaning them until they get retired while I'm buying wonderkids :D

Well, i am a Barcelona fan,so ma' last game started was with Los Cules.I was impressed by an player who scored 2 goals on santiago bernabeu,1 against my team and that made me buy it!If ure looking for a good striker,try Diego Forlan from Atletico Madrid!

I picked yes, I always have 1-2 30+ players in my squad. But other than both of them I like to keep my team young.

My Paris FC team has a 31yo keeper, a 32yo CB and I brought in a 30yo backup striker. My average age is 23 though, youngest in the league.

It depends how much money I have. If I havent got much, I go for a good oldie. But if I have the money, I go for a younger alternitive

Started off with Notts County and Despite the Money Available, it is inevitable that 30+ players will be bought. Add experience and steal. All my strike force would be around that age. Particualr when getting promoted as not all young prospects choose to join me. 4th season now, Am in championship with Notts County and Strike Force all 30+ and CD' s are mostly 30+. Can't beat experience

Started off with Notts County and Despite the Money Available, it is inevitable that 30+ players will be bought. Add experience and steal. All my strike force would be around that age. Particualr when getting promoted as not all young prospects choose to join me. 4th season now, Am in championship with Notts County and Strike Force all 30+ and CD' s are mostly 30+. Can't beat experience

Yes, you can't beat experience. But then again, you can't beat a 20M profit from signing a cheap regen and creating him into a star? (H)