Arsenal vs Manchester United / May 1st - 14:05

Arsenal can still win this. Anyone remember a few years ago Arsenal beat Utd 2-1 and had quite a few big name players missing that game.

No Valencia or Giggs :| Have to trust SAF but I wouldn't have picked Nani

He's gonna get MotM now

Nani always plays well vs Arsenal..

Fergie said during the week that Giggs would be rested, and Valencia is bound to be tired after so long out.

FFS - That's just our luck. Cesc injured - when was the last time we actually had a full first XI (or at least front line) fit for a big game like this? Probably the 3-1 vs Chelsea.. I don't remember the last time Cesc and RvP played vs Utd.

What are the odds of us wasting 5 chances before United score on a counter?

What are the odds of us wasting 5 chances before United score on a counter?

2-1.

Good start by Arsenal. Utd sitting back and v narrow at the back as always but Arsenal changing approach and using Walcott and the full-backs pretty well so far. Terrific atmosphere.

Walcott not looking where he's passing there.

for someone so small, fabio doesnt half like to get physical

Good interception by Evra there, needed it.

Have to say Arsenal are playing pretty well right now, even though VDS not tested so far. But excellent defending from Man Utds back 4 so far as always. But anyone notice that when Van Persie drifts left or right, there's no Arsenal player coming in to fill the striker hole? If someone did that, VDS may have been tested a lot more

Last edited:
Our midfield is far more fluid with Ramsey than with Cesc.

Could have easily been a free-kick.

Wow. It was like Arsenal invited Fabio into a waltz right through them

Vidic gets away with a blatant foul 20 yards out on Wilshere, Utd break - Song loses his man and Sagna blocks the cross. Far too easy for them on the counter-attack then.

Wilshere's passing has been under par today and must improve.

Despite that I think we're playing well, Johan Djourou showing his strength not too long ago too.

is there any truth to the rumour btw that VDS could be changing his mind about retiring?