impressed with the defense of this tactic, good stuff

Was just testing this with Leicester and:

m86OCE1.png

Are you not thinking of making a new thread mate?

nah not for this one, this thread was pretty dead anyways so thought best to just use it.
I have been considering another club/tactic development thread but havent decided on a theme for it yet

nah not for this one, this thread was pretty dead anyways so thought best to just use it.
I have been considering another club/tactic development thread but havent decided on a theme for it yet
No probs

View attachment 289903
Switched to the new formation after the Spurs game and was 2nd bottom,great turn around,playing the ball out from the back has worked a treat :)

Mate could you SS your corners for me I got the short ones on my personal tactics for my save but its started to really grind my gears and I want to get it back in the mixer, attacking ones only my defensive set up is fine. I read you had a cb get 17 goals so that looks impressive and I wanna change my own personal tactic to be the same. Also not sure if you got the throw set up in but its so spot on you may aswell. Need a long flat bullet flow but it works a charm.
View attachment 289391

Mate could you SS your corners for me I got the short ones on my personal tactics for my save but its started to really grind my gears and I want to get it back in the mixer, attacking ones only my defensive set up is fine. I read you had a cb get 17 goals so that looks impressive and I wanna change my own personal tactic to be the same. Also not sure if you got the throw set up in but its so spot on you may aswell. Need a long flat bullet flow but it works a charm.
View attachment 800047

I use default now mate. For all set pieces. Get 10-15 goals a season from corners still with the wingers taking them. I haven't looked at throw ins at all mate.

I did have a set up that got 35 goals with caulker. that was the one Chester got 17 with but I deleted it.

If people want to add the other set pieces it's fine to do so get some extra goals. I'm quite happy with the way my team performs otherwise.

Last edited:
Very nice!! New tactic?

nah just trying out some tweaks of this one, potentials still there but will prob look at a different formation with Mr L working on a beast of a 4141 just now. Might go for a 4240 or something different. kinda boring looking at 433's all day

nah just trying out some tweaks of this one, potentials still there but will prob look at a different formation with Mr L working on a beast of a 4141 just now. Might go for a 4240 or something different. kinda boring looking at 433's all day

haha good luck pal with it pal. Your tactic last year was the most consistent i ever used!

haha good luck pal with it pal. Your tactic last year was the most consistent i ever used!

its been the same for me this year, but there is always something stupid that happens. I got beat 3-0 at home from burnley after beating chelsea 6-0 away. Stuff like that needs to be stamped out before i'll be happy lol

I'm having a fair amount of success with this at the Conference South level. Like the fact that it gives me clean sheets.

I am struggling a bit against poor teams. I just went out of the FA Cup to a lower league team. I seem to struggle when the opposition is also playing 5 in midfield. Any tips or tweaks you can recommend?

I'm having a fair amount of success with this at the Conference South level. Like the fact that it gives me clean sheets.

I am struggling a bit against poor teams. I just went out of the FA Cup to a lower league team. I seem to struggle when the opposition is also playing 5 in midfield. Any tips or tweaks you can recommend?

smaller teams will look to shut up shop against you. If you arent breaking them down then it might be good to add run at defence to try to unsettle them or up the tempo to try move them around.