Football Manager 2016 - New features wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
More controversy surrounding matches. Bad tackles, refereeing decisions, manager actions etc. would liven up the already dead press conferences.

this is a good one as well More controversy surrounding matches.
you as a manager who has to respond to some foolish i$%^$ of fans.
and the way you respond has effect on fan exceptance.

Would like you to be able to replicate a club legend. I am currently playing as Darren Stride with Burton Albion so you didn't have 2 names of the same person on the club legends board and could actually see his history for the club. The history doesn't really bother me in all honesty would be quiet content with just it being one person!

instead of just showing league appearances and goals history include all cup games also

And my United team often play in black shorts or red socks when playing at home instead of white shorts and black socks, this been like this for few years and its annoying

Another feature I would like is a list of all the players who have ever played for your club (since the start of the game) - how many appearances and goals in total. So we know player A, who still plays for the club has played 198 games in total (so not just done by season) and player B who has been with a club for fifteen years may have 400 games to his name - so you can see who has been the biggest players for the club and who has only ever played once.

in my game, burnley under 18s just beat tottenham under 18s 17-0 and Sam vokes, who is 25 scored 12 of those goals...maybe some stronger rules for the under 18s are needed

I think it might be good if you could add a performance analyst to your back room team. So in the lower leagues you have just the standard OPTA stats and facts that everyone can access now. But if you have the budget, you could hire an analyst to break down the data and show how you can exploit it.

In real life the analyst monitors plays form through all sorts of metrics but in FM, although you can see the raw stats, you never get to see them in context.

I think it might be good if you could add a performance analyst to your back room team. So in the lower leagues you have just the standard OPTA stats and facts that everyone can access now. But if you have the budget, you could hire an analyst to break down the data and show how you can exploit it.

In real life the analyst monitors plays form through all sorts of metrics but in FM, although you can see the raw stats, you never get to see them in context.

omg this. Would be a realistic way of getting feedback to the player and would break down all this scanning at figures all day to good written analyis/advice. Brilliant idea.

Also what about being able to create mini-tactics/scenarios? Currently, you can only have 3 main tactics on the go, which is fine, but i'd love to have some mini tactics that I can create and deploy them based on a situation in a game, Jose Mourinho style.
Here's an example. Say it's 0-0 going into the final 10 minutes of a game. I manage to get a goal and instead of having to change my formation, change player instructions, change team instructions etc. to park the bus and see the game out, what if I could deploy my pre-made 'mini-tactic' which was designed fully for seeing out games in the final minutes. It would contain a formation and a set of team/player instructions.
Not only would this save time having to change all these things but it would also allow me to have a 'main tactic' to spare instead of having one just in case this situation ever arised.
To stop players exploiting this (having access to 3+ tactics), the familiarity level could be really low if you ever started the game with this mini tactic or deployed it in the wrong circumstances.

this is a good one as well More controversy surrounding matches.
you as a manager who has to respond to some foolish i$%^$ of fans.
and the way you respond has effect on fan exceptance.
There definitely needs to more fan involvement in the game, at the moment there's little more than a couple of bars to gauge what they're thinking. Protests against a manager or the board that the fans don't like could be interesting when a team isn't performing.

Does leaking a boardroom conversation when you get a suggestion rejected do anything? You should be able to try and alter the fan's opinion if the board to try and pressure them into giving you the funds you want.

Only issue i can think of is if the game engine can handle it, adding more stats to track and simulate might make the game run slower. Unless maybe you can select the leagues/teams you want tracked or you are limited like you are with your scouting or when selecting playable leagues at the start?

Maybe Stopping Massive Clubs Like PSG And Man City From Hiring Unknown Managers Twice On My Other Games PSG And Man City End Inviting Me To An Interview And End Up Offering Me The Job Despite Having No Badges And Sunday League Experience

I Think They Should Have To Ability To Add Playing History To Your Manager

It's about time SI get rid of this tactical nonsense and starts looking to the different phases of football: offensive transition, offensive organisation, defensive transition, defensive organisation. As a manager I want to able to tell my players how to perform in those different phases.

1. Would love to see an option when starting unemployed, to go on holiday and be able to a apply only for jobs in english league 1, championship.

Would love to see more options when unemployed. Like building relationships with other staff, with clubs etc.... Even with players. With staff it could be doing a coaching course with X has resulted in a good/bad relationship, this then helps get jobs (if you have good relationships with clubs/staff etc)

Secondly, and this one is in 2 bits, one of which I think could/will be implemented in the near future, one that won't. The first one is being able to solely manage reserve/youth teams, start right at the bottom. The second and will never happen, is maybe starting as an assistant manager; just advising rather than managing the team.

Hopefully They Might Either Add Instant Result To The Main Game Or Allow Us To Import Custom Databases In Classic Mode

Without a doubt this would make the game better Crowd team chants even chants not team related like in game ones and commentary tho this would need alot of work Not the same thing said each game

Things that happen in the real game that FM never seems to have bothered implementing. Fan behaviour, Handball, the ability to be a player manager, customisable stadia, etc. Really I'd settle for the ME being fixed, being able to tell players not to always shoot at free kicks, penalties not being so unrealistic, and the game moving faster than a snail's pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.