Football Manager 2016 - New features wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that happen in the real game that FM never seems to have bothered implementing. Fan behaviour, Handball, the ability to be a player manager, customisable stadia, etc. Really I'd settle for the ME being fixed, being able to tell players not to always shoot at free kicks, penalties not being so unrealistic, and the game moving faster than a snail's pace.

Why should this be in the game, your the manager, the manager never has anything thing to do with the stadium.

I think having the option to take a training camp abroad somewhere to boost moral during the season could be good.

Opponent's Mentality and Team Shape tactics should be included in scout reports.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about an option to send a senior player to a press conference instead of your assistant or bring one with you when you decide to do one?

I don't know whether these are already in the game and I simply haven't worked out how to access them, but here are my three:

1. A breakdown of player ratings, so managers know exactly why the ME is awarding them the ratings they are. I recently played a friendly where 20 minutes in my goalie had a rating of 8.5. Absolutely no idea why. It would also take some of the guess work out of understanding why players have performed badly.

2. More options for getting feedback from players. Your unsure about entering into contract renewal negotiations? Why? You performed badly last game? First, tell me what you think was wrong.

3. On the team selection screen, an option to see when players last had a run in the first team.

4. On the opposition report, a formations against v formations played report. At the moment I can look at the report and see they have struggled against a 4-2-3-1, but have no idea if that is across all their formations or only when they play, for example, their 4-4-2

Why should this be in the game, your the manager, the manager never has anything thing to do with the stadium.

I think having the option to take a training camp abroad somewhere to boost moral during the season could be good.

Most of the lower league stadia look nothing like they do in real life. The game strives for realism, but a lot of the grounds look a million times more impressive than the real thing. There's something romantic about the ball having to be handed back to the players by an old woman dragging home her shopping.

I would like for it to be available for you to take over youth teams, for example you could take over as a premier league under 18's team. The manager of the first team may give you some instructions on how to play or what players he wants you to play and could even offer advice on the tactics you play, or he might leave you to manage the team how you want. You could build experience until you are offered a full role within a different team and then it would be up to you whether you copy your mentors style or make your own.

I would like for it to be available for you to take over youth teams, for example you could take over as a premier league under 18's team. The manager of the first team may give you some instructions on how to play or what players he wants you to play and could even offer advice on the tactics you play, or he might leave you to manage the team how you want. You could build experience until you are offered a full role within a different team and then it would be up to you whether you copy your mentors style or make your own.

Iv'e said this every year for god knows how long! The competitions are already in place? There is no reason it couldn't be implemented surely?

It would be a lot better starting off as A academy manager then moving up to a U21 job?

Iv'e said this every year for god knows how long! The competitions are already in place? There is no reason it couldn't be implemented surely?

It would be a lot better starting off as A academy manager then moving up to a U21 job?

Yeah,l this would be great!

I know a lot of these have already been mentioned, but here are some of the things I'd love to see:
1. Football schools/ academies in other countries. Instead of having to search for affiliate clubs to get foreign youngsters, you can set up your own schools or academies in other places to bring these youngsters through. It could also have an impact on marketing (depending on where in the world you base it).
2. Nike Academy. I still remember the old days (and by old I mean FM10...) where the Glenn Hoddle academy frequently appeared playing friendlies. I would love to see this done with the Nike Academy. Every year they get a fresh squad of players which can be brought in on trial or signed permanently, perhaps useful for small clubs with poor youth facilities.
3. U-18/21's manager. I've wanted this in the game since I first started playing. Like playing with a 'B' side for some clubs, you don't have much control over who is available to you, but you get to be more involved in the development of the players, and perhaps include more involvement in selecting regens, linking with the academy idea for point 1, you can travel around to find these regens. Managing them would also link into my next point....
4. More player interaction, especially with young players. It feels like my manager is so cold, when the only times the player get spoken to are when they are in good form, when i'm fining them, or they have an issue and want to leave. I'd love more in depth interaction, perhaps bringing in more modern problems like social media, having to warn a player about what he's been saying, or even more extreme stuff like one of your players launching an attack on the rest of your squad (the next Roy Keane).
5. More 'realism'. I know that's a broad point, but its a broad subject. I'm talking about stuff like match day atmosphere, hostile fans, especially with your rivals. On the pitch, things like fights, personal grudges, more diving, things like that.
6. Club control. I'd love more control over my club. For example, setting how you want the stadium to be expanded. Maybe you want one large stand, or 4 medium size stands. Maybe you want a standing only area to encourage atmosphere, or things like that. Just generally being able to get more involved in how the club runs.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

I know a lot of these have already been mentioned, but here are some of the things I'd love to see:
1. Football schools/ academies in other countries. Instead of having to search for affiliate clubs to get foreign youngsters, you can set up your own schools or academies in other places to bring these youngsters through. It could also have an impact on marketing (depending on where in the world you base it).
2. Nike Academy. I still remember the old days (and by old I mean FM10...) where the Glenn Hoddle academy frequently appeared playing friendlies. I would love to see this done with the Nike Academy. Every year they get a fresh squad of players which can be brought in on trial or signed permanently, perhaps useful for small clubs with poor youth facilities.
3. U-18/21's manager. I've wanted this in the game since I first started playing. Like playing with a 'B' side for some clubs, you don't have much control over who is available to you, but you get to be more involved in the development of the players, and perhaps include more involvement in selecting regens, linking with the academy idea for point 1, you can travel around to find these regens. Managing them would also link into my next point....
4. More player interaction, especially with young players. It feels like my manager is so cold, when the only times the player get spoken to are when they are in good form, when i'm fining them, or they have an issue and want to leave. I'd love more in depth interaction, perhaps bringing in more modern problems like social media, having to warn a player about what he's been saying, or even more extreme stuff like one of your players launching an attack on the rest of your squad (the next Roy Keane).
5. More 'realism'. I know that's a broad point, but its a broad subject. I'm talking about stuff like match day atmosphere, hostile fans, especially with your rivals. On the pitch, things like fights, personal grudges, more diving, things like that.
6. Club control. I'd love more control over my club. For example, setting how you want the stadium to be expanded. Maybe you want one large stand, or 4 medium size stands. Maybe you want a standing only area to encourage atmosphere, or things like that. Just generally being able to get more involved in how the club runs.

Any thoughts on these ideas?

Like everything except 5 and 6. The problem with 5 is licensing issues. They cannot have fights, diving or anything derogatory towards a real life player. I'm pretty sure SI have come out and said this which is why we have bland news stories etc.

Point 6 is something i'd like, but its not something a manager would get involved in. I highly doubt Brendan Rodgers or Mauricio Pochettino have any imput on the construction of their new stadiums IRL, it just wouldn't happen.

Player development and mobility - Lower league players with high PA and the right attitude should be able to develop well enough to make it to the premier league late in their career (for example, Ricky Lambert). Premiership players who aren't good enough for the league and spend their life in the reserves should have enough self awareness to know that league 1 might be good move for their career and long term development.

only one thing i want fm 16 to sort out and that's the injuries, i'm getting 6 to 10 injuries then when they are back i get more injuries every season.

3 things that I would love to see

first I'd like to see individual players have different accessories like sleeve lengths, undershirts and boot colour rather than have it generated based on their position or whatever.

also I love the idea of flexible potential as it makes it so much more realistic, an have it quite dependent on the form of the player. It would be brilliant to see the odd conference south gem end up in the premier league and it could also extinguish all players reaching their full potential at 25

also I believe that the dribbling needs a revamp. Players should be able to turn 360 degrees on the ball without stopping. This would probably allow those silly dribblers to do multiple turns and more entertaining moves and it could stop players getting caught on the ball so easily and often

Be able to manage under 21s at club level, be a good challenge (ie Guardiola)

I'm still stuck on fm13 - so you must have me apoligized if I seem ignorant with some of the things that I mention.

Things that would make me wanna buy fm16 or future versions.

Investments -
Youth academy around the world (Anywhere) - The ability to influence the youth academy
Use of your Tactics and playing style of your choice - Travel to several destinations around the world and play in big youth tournaments - Holland cup for instance year 12-16. Futsal Tournaments for youth is another example.

Invest in other clubs youth - Barcelona investing in Tenerife youth department for instance - Giving them the opportunity to pick up talented players cheap.

Investing in the stock market of some desription to get richer or lose money (potential mini game) can even go up and down.

If a big club get more involved with its own stock

Attributes - Instead of pace and acceleration - then 100m sprint 11.2 seconds or however fast he currently runs a 100 meter.

A specific profile that tells the manager with words what the player is good at - example could be:
John Doe hits the ball like a young David Beckham (Something more concrete) to give an image of what sort of footballer the player is.

Match Engine -
For me this is the very important thing to improve -
Dribbling/Tricks several varieties of dribbling so you can see it visually in the match engine - feints of many sorts - Step over the ball like Ronaldo or fake shot that cheats the defender to dive tackle and get free of him, things like this will make the game insanely interesting - Look away passes or just amazing through balls where you can say this is this player because he does it this way Michael Laudrup had through balls as a signature move and did it differently from everyone else - everybody is different that's why variety in everything wins big!!!!. I will have to say if Fifa15 could be implemented with more varieties as a match engine this game would be the perfect manager game - I'm thinking Football manager Consol - new database every year to buy or even a yearly subsription where you can decide if you wanna continue your current saves or you want an updated database or even both ;) - but with 100's if not 1000's of varieties of how players behave - would be amazing to watch. Ofcause amazing goals - passing killer balls tackles tricks etc etc all in varieties that make every player almost unique - it would be a game that would keep you home from work that's for sure and I would pay yearly for this.

Anyway before championship manager came out I had the idea and they made it - who knows maybe they will make this. Only such a game would make me interested - I have heard the sliders are gone in fm14 and 15 that means I can't make my own unique tactic which leads to me being a little uninterested - also shouts hate them they are highly unrealistic since 30-90000 spectators will shout louder than the shouts - shouts are annoying (If I have a set tactic I don't want it to change) - i just wanna substitute and watch the game the rest is my assistant manager's job like motivating the players.

Cheers

The ability to create your own backroom team so when you move teams 3-4 core members of your staff come with you. Like Rui Faria and Sillvino Louro do with Mourinho. Not a big feature but a nice, realistic touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.