Fountain of Youth Discovered on Guernsey

untitled_zpsf75ea3a9.png

This wouldn't normally be an issue but, Boden was my assman. He was rubbish and still refused to sign a new contract, or rather his demands were insane!

This meant i had to appoint a new assman from within, however i just so happend to have the right man for the job
untitled1_zpse9a5e47d.png

This left me with 2 coaching roles to fill, Replacing Bogarde and the board kindly upped my number of coaches. In come 2 new coaches 1 you may of heard of, 1 maybe not.

Former Australian international Mark Viduka
MarkViduka_OverviewProfile_zpsb4016482.png

Former Senegal International Mamadou Seck
MamadouSeck_OverviewProfile_zpsa5bcf188.png

We again find ourselves as favourites, very odd in my books as we are newly promoted!
untitled2_zpsa3f53e2a.png

Having looked through our rivals i think we can certainly win this league, That is my aim for the season. Here is the table before any games have been played.
SouthernLeague1stDivisionCentral_OverviewStages_zps04e037aa.png

We had an excellent pre season, 4 wins and 1 draw was really promising. However we conceded 3 weak goals and that worries me with the long season head.
friendlies_zps95e9c443.png

Last edited:
I've had some issues with screenshots last few days so this post will cover an entire season, with youth intake in the next post. appologies for the messed up update.

Our results at the start of the season were really really good and placed us in a strong position for a promotion push. I did fear the worst when we lost our opening game. 35 games played and the league is wrapped up. Bookies were right we are just to good for this level.
SouthernLeague1stDivisionCentral_OverviewStages-3_zps37f7daaf.png

Last run of games when league was confirmed
Guernsey_FixturesSchedule-4_zps97172ec8.png

My youth team took over for the remaining games, A 4 games losing streak was forgotten after this...
DaventryTownvGuernsey_OverviewOverview_zps9bbfad35.png

Really pleased with this. This 1 game gives me hope for the future.

Final table looks very impressive from our perspective
SouthernLeague1stDivisionCentral_OverviewStages-5_zps797087e7.png

I wasn't aware this was even on until it popped up. Very pleased with this. If i had kept the first team in we would of smashed the record not just beaten it.
untitled3_zpsb48d42c6.png

This is also excellent news as it allows me to ask for improvements.
untitled4_zpsaadc4944.png

That is of course exactly what i did with my very next action!
Guernsey_BoardroomBoardMeeting-4_zps9d1575bb.png

A special mention for Antonio Lunardi, IMO our best player all season. Called up by Italy under 19s. Our rock in central defence and never seems to have a bad game.​

Last edited:
Youth intake suffered from the same picture gremlins! The overall picture of the intake has gone. still have my top choices though.

Russell Piercy
My assman thinks this guy can be my number 1 now. My current number 1 is out of contract shortly and point blank refuses an extention. This giant of a GK may get that chance sooner than he thinks.
RussellPiercy_OverviewProfile-2_zps25044eee.png

Lee McNeill
Not quite redy for first team maybe get him out on loan a few times and see what happens.
LeeMcNeill_OverviewProfile_zps6d09a6f7.png

Dimitris Patelis
My coaches say he is good enough now. I personlly don't see it. He will stay in the youth team for now. I'll be keeping a close eye on him. Also has Greek/English dual nationality
DimitrisPatelis_OverviewProfile_zps654ae02e.png

Denis Hutchings
Much the same as Dimitris Patelis, coaches love him. Jury is out for me for now. Hs English/Dominic dual nationality
DenisHutchings_OverviewProfile_zps7da5d015.png

The bookies make 4th favourite for promotion this time. I'm hopeful that my squad can step up to it we have plenty of depth. But require better youth long term. in step the compliant board.
board_zpsc8c36cd7.png

Also got this off the board. Gives me a big friendly each year, though im sure what to do with any players they send me.
grimsby_zps2d9409b8.png

Didn't get the grimsby friendly this season but the 4 we did play went brilliantly.
friendlies_zps6043bf35.png

So on to the season, As you can see we exploded out of the traps. 4 losses in 25 is excellent form for a new league.
first25_zpsb3beffae.png

SouthernPremierLeague_OverviewProfile-2_zps3477b47c.png

This leaves us 1 point off Chesham in first place, with an 8 point gap on Basingstoke in 3rd although they have a game in hand. We have quite a tricky run in coming up, if we make it through that I make us favourites. My man Antonio Lunardi topping the Avgrating charts, what a guy!

However i got some awful news earlier in the season.
shaw_zps31440c14.png

He is my main AMC. AMC is critical to the formation i play. This meant that on of my strikers who can also play there needed drafting in. this left a space on my bench for a member of the youth team to make themselves a hero. As you can see it made little difference in the grander scheme. I am fearful for Shaws potentil now however.

Next post youth update.​

Last edited:
I took Guernsey to League 1 consecutive promotions on last years FM. Was an enjoyable game. Just run out of steam in the end. I battled against relegation for 3 seasons because my wage budget was about a quarter of everybody elses.

A rather fruitful youth intake, This marks the first time in any FM i have ever played, Where the youth candidates have beaten my youth team. lthough i've only singled out 4 players, i'm prepared to bide my time with this lot.
GuernseyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers-3_zpse9212414.png

Lamar Taylor
Plenty of flair and incredibly fit. Plays in 2 positions that fit into our formation perfectly. has dual English/Jamaican nationlity. Will stay in the youth team for now. 
LamarTaylor_OverviewProfile_zps5e69afa2.png

Matthew Scott
Looks like a complete work horse, perfect for our DMC position. Will look to get him out on loan once he sign pro terms with us. Has dual English/Bermudan nationality
MatthewScott_OverviewProfile_zps9ce61cc8.png

Neale O'Neill
My coaches think he is wonderful and amazing I have my doubts, will look to get him a loan. Has dual English/Irishnationality
NealeONeill_OverviewProfile_zps45e63a8f.png

Tasos Panagiotou
Now this kid is special, His stats for a 15yo re good. My coaches say say he is one of the best prospects we have ever produced. I'm giving him a couple of years in the youth team with maybe the odd cup gmes thrown in. Then looking for a loan before he becomes my number 1. His dual English/Cypriot nationality, means he may one day play interntional football. High hopes are pinned on this kid.
TasosPanagiotou_OverviewProfile_zpscd894367.png

I took Guernsey to League 1 consecutive promotions on last years FM. Was an enjoyable game. Just run out of steam in the end. I battled against relegation for 3 seasons because my wage budget was about a quarter of everybody elses.

I think my squad is good enough to get me to at least league 2 without any dramas. Having a big stadium certainly helps with finances early on. My wage budget seems ok for the time being, but i have the option of putting all my transfer budget into it aswell since i'm not signing players.

A small 5 game update followed by another 5 game update for you. Stringing those important reults together when it matters most.
2_zpsfa0692bb.png

1_zps941ccf00.png

A bit of daylight now starting to appear between us and 2nd placed Chesham now..

fix_zpsa44dafd5.png

35_zpsef8c82c8.png

A solid 12 Point lead now, Luck plays a massive part in these 5 games. we only deserved to beat Hitchin. Oxford and Histon can count themselves unlucky that our strikers had scoring boots on those days. Our defence is to leaky with only Lunardi and Maxted playing anything like good enough. I NEED a quality left wing back and central defender before i get to the football league. Panagiotou developing at double speed would also help massivley

However things like this don't help at all!
maxted_zpsaa678009.png

He is consistanty my highest rated player i cannot replace him. Straight after this he asked to be transfer listed. I have accepted, hoping he changes his mind at the end of the season. More reason to hold that lead!
request_zps47487ba0.png

Last edited:
Perhaps my board were a tad to compliant in the end....
youth_zps438adbf0.png

This is horrible news and leaves the club over 600k in the red. Not sure how i'm going to hold onto my players but dammit i'm going to try.

I had always thought 1.5m was alot for non league youth facilities.
confidence_zpsda2c1913.png

This is potentially crippling for my already stretched wages. Luckily most of my main players are tied down for years. We need league football and a few good cup runs sharpish!

At least i have this silver lining.
SouthernPremierLeague_OverviewStages-4_zps17bd703a.png

The best attack in the league by far prevails. we're not the worst defensivley but also not the best. It needs to improve. Too many soft goals given away. 3 leagues on the bounce won, 3 automatic promotions.

Tardif was my number 1 GK. The budget didn't allow me to sign him up again. He ws responsible for at least 6 goals against us however. My 3 youth keepers will fight it out for the number 1 shirt next season.
release_zps5f4f5a16.png

After this he thankfully recinded his transfer request! God knows i need him now more than ever.
maxtedrat_zps5a6914b5.png

Last edited:
Brilliant story, just read through it and you are doing amazing! I prefer when its a lower league save bigger updates.

Brilliant story, just read through it and you are doing amazing! I prefer when its a lower league save bigger updates.

Thanks for that, I'm really loving this save. so satisfying when i gain promotion knowing I haven't bought it.

The bookies still love us! Though we aren't favourites for a change. 12-1 tells me play offs if we get a bit of luck, so that is my aim for the season.

However if the board keep selling my players we are not going to get close, An offer that the board cold not refuse apparantley. Going to have to look to my youth team. Don't let this guys stats fool you to much he rarley put in a stellar performance. Not like Maxted on the opposite flank. I'll keep an eye on him same as i will be doing with Blizzard.
darrenbrownoverviewprof.png

All friendlies were against league opposition to test how my youth are coming along. Not aswell as i had hoped is the answer. Some of the results are very hard on us. Regardless we need to improve.
friendliesm.png

Start of the season coming in next post​

By far the best and most complete story that i have read. Even gives me the idea to do something alike, but i don't have the stomach for this. Congrats

Hope to see more

How would we get on in our first season in Blue Square South? I think winning this league is doable though it will take a massive amount of luck. My aim is going to be to get into the play offs, Anything higher is simply a bonus.

The first 10 games went excellently. Had a major injury crisis with 4 of my preferred 11 out on long term injuries.
bluesquarebetsouthoverv.png

After 20 games still going strong, We have had a few stutters here and their but we are still at the right end of the table.

The season started to wobble a bit and for the first time we dropped out of the playoff spots. We need some players to stand up and show us what they are made of!

We managed t sqeeze back into the playoffs with the last 2 games of the season, We went on a storming run and scored 20 goals in the last 4 games to ****** ourselves a playoff spot.

All results for the entire league season. Including four 5-1 victories in a row for the last 4 games. that must be some kind of record.
fixtures1w.png

This season also marked the first time we played in the FA Cup. My next update will be how we got on. The playoffs will then folow that.​

Last edited:
By far the best and most complete story that i have read. Even gives me the idea to do something alike, but i don't have the stomach for this. Congrats

Hope to see more

Really appreciate that. It is satisfying unlike any other FM save i've done before. You should go for it. Maybe don't subject yourself to the **** of youth only though lol.

2015 marked the first time Guernsey entered the FA Cup. Could the youngest club in the footbll pyramid make and impact in the oldest cup competition in the world?
fa1_zpsb0152642.png

We enter to competition at the second qualifying round. Havant and Waterlooville await.
HavantampWaterloovillevGuernsey_OverviewOverview_zpsa83ebf6c.png

We mauled them, they can count themselves lucky to of scored 1!

Next up in the 3rd qulifying round were Whitehawk FC.
GuernseyvWhitehawkFC_OverviewOverview_zpsbcb7f79f.png

After we went 2-0 up, they pulled one back and i feared the worst. I had no need to worry as we hit them for 6.

The 4th qualifying round threw up Woking, Who we brushed aside with a scary amount of ease.
woking_zps7135be0e.png

1st round allowed us to humiliate Lincoln
lincoln_zps213ece82.png

Second round gave us a huge fixture for a club of our size.
fa4_zpse1e44a97.png

Then we got this excellent news
fa5_zps8df14f9c.png

So how would we fair against higher league opposition?
fa6_zps5df47cda.png

To say we rode our luck is the understatement of the year...

The 3rd round presented the possibility of a premier league powerhouse... But we got ipswich. Still a massive game where they are 20-1 on to beat us. We are massive massive unerdogs. We are also the only non league club left in the competition.
IpswichTownvGuernsey_OverviewOverview-2_zpsf866d5c5.png

The biggest win in the clubs history no doubt. We set out to deny ipswich victory and maybe steal 1 goal. 2-0 is an achievement and a half!

brighton_zps1bf7a77f.png

bright_zpsee457c84.png

Replay at Footes Lane awaits!

brightodds_zps6574e83a.png

Home advantage counts for nothing with the bookies...

brightonpen_zpsfb61459f.png

GuernseyvBrightonampHoveAlbion_OverviewOverview_zps5f0bae5f.png

So close yet so far. A huge effort and today we can hold our heads high we did Guernsey proud.
This cup run has put the club back in the black. So i can keep my team now hopefully!

We also broke a few records.
fa3_zpsead3dd1a.png

fa2_zps38515e1a.png

edenwho_zps5616ecf3.png

Eden who? All hail Antonio Lunardi!

Last edited:
Just realised i haven't done youth intake so here we go.
GuernseyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers-2_zpsb12fb5d7.png

Ciaron Lowe
Looks quality until you realise he is a striker, That finishing stat is awful. Will require a new position training but can be real quality as maybe a midfielder.
CiaronLowe_OverviewProfile_zps43ac1d1c.png

Bob Collett
Another quality looking player with bags of potential. Will be given a couple of years in the youth team to see how he develops.
BobCollett_OverviewProfile_zps7306a946.png

Mattia Vicentini
Really pleased with this lad. I said i needed a central defender and this guy looks the answer to my long term prayers. Dual English and Italian just like Guernseys favourite son Antonio Lunardi. A future defensive partnershp hopefully. Will stay in the youth team for now. maybe one or 2 loans in a couple of years.
MattiaVicentini_OverviewProfile_zpse5887737.png

Last edited:
We didn't win the league for a change. We struggled at times and lost more games this season that the previous 3 combined. But we still snagged ourselves a play off spot with just 2 games of the season left, then held firm.
hav_zps62686817.png

Havant will be out for revenge after we dumped them out of the FA Cup.

Tough fought draw leaves everything wide open for the return leg. I was furious that we let slip a 2-0 lead.
GuernseyvHavantampWaterlooville_OverviewOverview_zps79bc8296.png

That is more like it. Walked this game, was even easier than it appears we could of had 20. Jason Sainsbury a youth product i thought would amount to nothing leads the way after an injury to our first choice AMC shaw. Looking to loan him out next season to aid his development.
HavantampWaterloovillevGuernsey_OverviewOverview-3_zps5611b8e6.png

semi_zpsc1d45ae2.png

This is how the semis looked. Eastbourne needing penalties in order to win, Very hard on woking they had been great all season.
BlueSquareBetSouth_MatchesFixturesampResults_zpscfcd4c2c.png

THE PLAYOFF FINAL
Here we are the final.
5_zps1d22da17.png

Home advantage is good, i'll take anything I can get now.

We are also favourites.
4_zpse2d0e93c.png

I'll let this speak for itself.
GuernseyvEastbourneBorough_OverviewOverview_zpsc1ef0982.png

9_zpsd0af816e.png

3_zps7c7a6baf.png

2_zps64b1da92.png

1_zps2ea217f4.png

6_zpsee6ee071.png

8_zpsd320036c.png

7_zpsbc212d3c.png

Here is the player stats for the season.
Guernsey_SquadPlayers_zps5b553771.png

Lunardi is my player of the seson, not much between him and Maxted but had to choose one. He was such a dominant pressence for us at the back. I think he will be a class for at least 2 divisions higher aswell. Eagle eyed amongst you will notice alot of the youth players have made it into an incredibley young squad. Oldest player is Lukic at 23.

Last edited:
What financial crisis?
5_zps2fe9181f.png

2_zpsa7adb5e8.png

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not? Regardless i've got my key players signed up on long term full time deals now.

1_zps5a3ae24f.png

Friendlies have gone rather well if with some defensive blips. Though we still can't beat parent club Grimsby.
3_zps04d2c6d9.png

4_zps4f870504.png

I can work with that!

The board also allowed me an extra coach and an extra goal keeping coach so who did we get?

StevenPienaar_OverviewProfile_zps0d6f4822.png

Former South Africa international Steven Pienaar fills the coaching position.

ChrisTardif_OverviewProfile_zps2113fb86.png

Former Guernsey number 1 Chris Tardiff Returns to the club, to become the under 18s GK coach. Really plesed with this one, First return of a former player.

This is what the Blue Square Bet Premier looks like before any games have been played.
BlueSquareBetPremier_OverviewStages_zps3e0c45b1.png

Some hard games in there. As with last season my aim is minimum of playoffs, though the board have simply asked me to avoid relegation.​