Fountain of Youth Discovered on Guernsey

Here is my latest youth intake. Not quite what i have been used to with one exception.
GuernseyYouthCandidates_SquadPlayers_zps808772e1.png

Pat Opara
I seem to produce a **** of alot of AMC's But this guy looks like one i may be able to use in the future. At only 15 years old he is alrwdy as good as my substitute AMC. I'm going to bide my time with him and see how he develops in the youth team. Also has dual English/USA nationality.
PatOpara_OverviewProfile_zpsac60432e.png

Ibrahim Addai
Even after my youth upgrades and numerous promotions he is still rated as 5 stars. He has dual English and Ghananan nationality. His stats look excellent he is only 14 the youngest youth product i have ever produced, he has years to hone his craft and i am really excited about him. How excited? Well see the rest of the pictures!
IbrahimAddai_OverviewProfile-3_zpsec6bdca5.png

In my opinion Ibrahim Addai is the best youth product this club has ever produced. I have had players come through at european super powers who were worse than this kid. So i couldn't resist giving him his debut.
TranmereRoversvGuernsey_OverviewOverview_zps6c6b827e.png

He only went and scored and got man of the match! This is a 14yo making his debut!

young_zps989b9b6a.png

The season hasn't panned out in a way we are used to if im entirley honest! We started alot better than i hoped but it started to fizzle out fast.
npowerleague2overviewst.png

npowerleague2overviewstf.png

Finishing 16th is more than acceptable for our first time in the league. Suppose we had to stop rocketing through the leagues at some point. I just find it slightly annoying because if i was signing players i think a good left wingback would solve all our defensive problems

Here is all results for the entire season. Out in the rd round of the FA cup when we should of won. Semi final of the Johnstones paint trophy when we also should of won. But those are the breaks!
fullseason.png

At least one more season in League 2. We lost more games than we won this season. I'm going to have a route through my youth team to see if anyone can be re-trained to a decent left wingback. One positive is we were the 3rd highest goal scorers in the league. So we can certainly find the back of the net.​

Last edited:
Mate just wondering how you started off, cause I just took a look at Guernseys squad on the database for my non-league save, and they only have 6players, so I was just wondering if you signed up greyed out players from your youth if you signed people on frees? Wondering cause on all my non-league saves I struggle to find players when I first start out

I did promise this a few updates ago so here it is my starting line up in no real order.

AndrewJeffries_OverviewProfile-1.png

AntonioLunardi_OverviewProfile.png

CarlBeda_OverviewProfile.png

DenisHutchings_OverviewProfile-1.png

HughSimon_OverviewProfile.png

IslwynOwen_OverviewProfile.png

MattiaVicentini_OverviewProfile.png

PatrickLukic_OverviewProfile.png

RubenLoft_OverviewProfile.png

TimMaxted_OverviewProfile.png

Here is how they all line up pending everyone being fit.
first11tactics.png

I have been having a think and though my formation is good for scoring goals, It's very suspect defensivley. So i have come up with this over the last couple of hours tonight.
new.png

I think dropping the wingbacks in favour of fullbacks hoping will shore up our defensive line. The two DMC's will protect the back four Only one central midfielder may back fire massivley and i am having to train Hugh Simon as an AMC. Until that goes through though Patelis comes off the bench and into the starting line up while Beda drops to the bench. My pitch is the smallest it can be since my team has no natural width.​

Mate just wondering how you started off, cause I just took a look at Guernseys squad on the database for my non-league save, and they only have 6players, so I was just wondering if you signed up greyed out players from your youth if you signed people on frees? Wondering cause on all my non-league saves I struggle to find players when I first start out

The squad was a bit fleshed out as i sleceted the option to fill teams before i started, I signed greyed out where needed. No players have been signed from outside the club. I will allow myself to re-sign players i have been forced to sell if it comes to it.

MojoDex, decided to try this to see where i can go.

Would not like to use the same team, so i will pick one and keep you updated, if you like, ofc

Best story I've read so far. Have you gotten any offers from other clubs to take over as manager?

Absolutely amazing ! Congratulations on getting so far,and definitely following from now on.

Absolutely amazing ! Congratulations on getting so far,and definitely following from now on.
Thanks alot, I really didn't exspect this to go down as well as it has.

Best story I've read so far. Have you gotten any offers from other clubs to take over as manager?
[
I had some interest from Preston North End. It never materialised into an offer. Not that i would of taken it anyway.

MojoDex, decided to try this to see where i can go.

Would not like to use the same team, so i will pick one and keep you updated, if you like, ofc

Yes. I would love to see some one else take on this. Just make sure you tell the game to fill teams with players or your going to start with 6.

Last edited:
MojoDex, both center backs could play in premier!! Also, your right man, Maxted is a beast!!

I've started one, forgot to do that (fill teams), so i had to start another. The thing that bugged me was the amount of players, i had 30!!! (including reserves and U-18). I will start another one, at home (this was an experiment at work), and i would love to have some advices if possible.

If you want i can PMs, so i don't take the flow from this thread.

Cheers

MojoDex, both center backs could play in premier!! Also, your right man, Maxted is a beast!!

I've started one, forgot to do that (fill teams), so i had to start another. The thing that bugged me was the amount of players, i had 30!!! (including reserves and U-18). I will start another one, at home (this was an experiment at work), and i would love to have some advices if possible.

If you want i can PMs, so i don't take the flow from this thread.

Cheers

I did have some interest from newly promoted Birmingham in Lunardi. Slapped 10m price tag on him and that soon got rid of that. Maxted is actually a randomly generated player the game gave me. He has just gone from strength to strength. He has been really unhappy alot of the time though and i need another promotion if im going to keep hold of him.

And of course i'm more than happy to offer any advice i can.

Amazing, brilliant read.
Thank you, I appreciate that

I am enjoying this a lot. Keep it up! :)
Just finished another season tonight. Update will be going up some time tomorrow.

Last edited:
40-1_zpsc85f3504.png

Sky don't think we can do it. I'll show them

poty_zpsc2819d6d.png

This is more than deserved. After this he made noise about wanting to go to a bigger club, As a direct result of this i promised him we would get promoted. So pressure is really on. So long as our new formation sorts our defence out we will be fine.

Friendlies went....Badly. Better opposition combined with bedding in a new formation led to no wins.
friend_zpsc2f495c6.png

Screenshotted a game to early not reailising i was a game in hand Formtion still isnt quite there. But concidering we have done ok. I've seen enough to believe the play offs are an option once the formation beds.
npowerLeague2_OverviewStages_zpsc1b50061.png

first9_zps7728480b.png

Out of the league cup. Only 2 wins in the league. Formation needs to start working or I need to change it back.​

Last edited:
Guernsey also has it's first ever full international.
jamaica_zps4ba7eeed.png

A useful one at that.
goal_zps060d0d20.png

You simply have no idea how big a relief it is that the formation started working! Occasionally i use the old formation for away games where teams have wide pitches. Needless to say we are cooking with gas now.
npowerLeague2_OverviewStages_zps7e06e64a.png

games21_zps18f70d45.png

A 12 game unbeaten run has propelled us up the league. Long may it continue! Also into the 3rd round of the FA Cup where we will play Hull.​

Last edited:
How would we fare in the FA Cup this season? Pretty well all things concidered.

We scraped by Macclesfield thanks to Jamaican International Hugh Simon.
1_zps2fb04094.png

Alfreton Town brushed aside, Despite Alfretons GK having the game of his life.
2_zps3ed0e804.png

This gave us a 3rd round tie against championship Hull. Who have knocked us out at this stage before. But not this time!
3_zpsa07cb70e.png

Yet another Championship side in Oxford, wishing to test our metal! Test passed.
4_zpsd613ca5f.png

A 3rd Championship side in a row for The Green Lions. We were more than up to the task making a tired Fulhm look foolish at times.
5_zps8b89b8b6.png

Next up cme the biggest game in Guernseys history. An away tie to premier league Newcastle United.
6_zpsd4f6325b.png

After going 1-0 up i started to dream. Sadly Newcastle woke me up and gave us a bit of a hiding. Guernsey were the only league 2 club to make it this far and we can be proud of that. This team is improving every year.

cup_zps2f407947.png

Guernsey have made just over 1 million from the FA Cup this season. Leaving us well in the black.​

Last edited:
With 1 game to go we find ourselves forth. 1 point behind Fleetwood. We can still ****** one of the automatic promotion places if Fleetwood fail to win and we win. We would of been up there already if we hadn't been hammered by Fleetwood earlier in the season.
npowerLeague2_OverviewStages-2_zps3c59673f.png

Fleetwood lost and we won! That means no horror of the play offs. Sneaking into 3rd only on goal difference.
npowerLeague2_OverviewStages-3_zps8a46baa3.png

Here are the last results of the season.
fix_zps1e8fd336.png

8 games unbeaten at the tail end of the seson was what got us promoted. What a rection to going out of the cup! My new formation has paid off. We jointly with Aldershot scored the most goals and we conceded the least. A few high scoring games helped with goal difference. League 1 here we come.

pro_zpsde403bb1.png

lun_zpsce76236e.png

I get to keep my captain now at least

conf_zps24f060c1.png

Last edited:
Top quality job. How did you find all these quality players and get them to join you? Centre backs look unreal.